Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sources for plus scales?

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Sources for plus scales?
on: November 30, 2017, 03:40:13 AM
Forgive me if this has been covered before but my searches proved fruitless.

Does anyone know a source for new 91mm plus scales.  Preferably with the tools included.  I saw a few on the bay but they ship from Russian Federation and I'm not quite sure what to make of that.. 

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Sources for plus scales?
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 05:02:28 AM
Message Grant and see what he has :salute: He is an authorized Vic Dealer and may be able to get them if he doesn't already have some :cheers:

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 05:16:08 AM
Message Grant and see what he has :salute: He is an authorized Vic Dealer and may be able to get them if he doesn't already have some :cheers:

Will do.  I looked in the store but didn't see any.  Maybe he can scrounge some up.

us Offline NorCalJim

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 04:59:42 PM
Forgive me if this has been covered before but my searches proved fruitless.

Does anyone know a source for new 91mm plus scales.  Preferably with the tools included.  I saw a few on the bay but they ship from Russian Federation and I'm not quite sure what to make of that..

I have purchased a number of set from this seller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SWISS-ARMY-VICTORINOX-91mm-SAPPHIRE-PLUS-SCALES-W-THPICK-TWEEZER-FREE-SHIP/391604374209?epid=702238211&hash=item5b2d708ac1:g:ANcAAOSwwbdWGXGN

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 08:45:08 PM
I have about 50 sets of plus take off scales Im going to list in the buy/sell section, just havent had a chance.  Red black and some translucent red.  $3 for just the scales, $5 with pen and corkcrew driver and toothpick.  ( I used the tweezers up )  I'll snap some pics of what I have and list them later tonight.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 09:15:24 PM
I have about 50 sets of plus take off scales Im going to list in the buy/sell section, just havent had a chance.  Red black and some translucent red.  $3 for just the scales, $5 with pen and corkcrew driver and toothpick.  ( I used the tweezers up )  I'll snap some pics of what I have and list them later tonight.
Ok!
I'm in need of a new ruby set ;)
Messed up the ones on my Swissflame...

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 11:12:31 PM

Do the take off scales need to be glued on?

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 11:20:10 PM

Probably "it depends on luck".
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 03:42:47 PM

Probably "it depends on luck".

Depends more on the bushings then anything.  Most will snap on but I always put a drop of crazy glue on at least the end bushings and that will ensure the scales dont move.  They will still pry off fine if you need as well.

Posted what Ive got here.

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,74850.msg1593093.html#msg1593093

PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68