Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Moleskine Vs Field Notes

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Moleskine Vs Field Notes
on: December 02, 2017, 09:04:03 AM
I got a 3 pack of the small black moleskine journals at target, was gonna get a set of tan ones as well cause they are easy to mix up if you are keeping 1 for computer stuff/passwords and one for reminders, or weight tracking, had to put a sticker on them so I can tell which is which due to black cover.

They are very handy, last bunch of pages are perforated and rear cover has a small keeper pocket on it,they have a sewn binding, whereas the field notes are stapled, just wondering which is preferred by you guys.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 09:36:49 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

se Offline Fortytwo

• No Life Club
Re: Moleskine Vs Field Notes
Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 11:20:21 PM
I got a 3 pack of the small black moleskine journals at target, was gonna get a set of tan ones as well cause they are easy to mix up if you are keeping 1 for computer stuff/passwords and one for reminders, or weight tracking, had to put a sticker on them so I can tell which is which due to black cover.

They are very handy, last bunch of pages are perforated and rear cover has a small keeper pocket on it,they have a sewn binding, whereas the field notes are stapled, just wondering which is preferred by you guys.

May I answer with Leuchtturm1917? Around here there's also been a bit of trouble with the local distributor for the Moleskine so Leuchtturm is possibly slightly easier to find and a tad bit cheaper (guessing that's the difference between importing from the US compared to a fellow EU country). I use their dotted (best of plain, ruled and squared in one) hardback and it comes with a lot of very smart functions imho.
  • Numbered pages and a table of contents.
  • Stickers, both for the spine and front to mark them.
  • Two bookmarks.
  • A number of sheets that can be torn out.
  • Pocket in the back.

I have added a pen holder to the spine and a binder clip holding a couple of ruled filing cards for quick to-do lists etc. to the front cover of mine.

us Offline getahl

Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 12:31:04 AM
I've tried the small black Moleskine, and the brown Field Notes. They're basically the same to me. Quality of each is on par with each other. I used to  keep one in my pocket at work, for notes on the fly. But, I got lazy,  and cheap, and just use whatever is in the supply closet. My personal preference is for graph paper on notebooks of that size.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 12:37:38 AM
I'm a bit of enthusiast of all things with a bit of history, Moleskine (1997) and Field Notes (2007), don't have that. Leuchtturm1917 do have that, plus I prefer the paper and they are easier to find  :D
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

no Offline Grathr

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 07:46:04 AM
I'm a bit of enthusiast of all things with a bit of history, Moleskine (1997) and Field Notes (2007), don't have that. Leuchtturm1917 do have that, plus I prefer the paper and they are easier to find  :D

Never heard of Leuchtturm1917 before.
Ill have to check them out!

I usually just grab whatever notebook I come a cross in the book store when I need a new one.
-Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.
 "A Knifeless man is a lifeless man" old Faroese proverb.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%