Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Help me get some perspective (axe choice)

styx · 98 · 4708

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Help me get some perspective (axe choice)
Reply #60 on: January 05, 2018, 08:50:55 PM
it will be put in the ringer soon. can it make a stew?
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

hr Offline styx

Reply #61 on: January 07, 2018, 02:00:33 PM
it makes a good stew. might seem loony to test a hatchet by making a stew but you never know if it will be needed

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #62 on: January 07, 2018, 05:49:20 PM
Stew  :drool:

You know we need pictures Styx  :pok:

:popcorn:
Everything’s adjustable

hr Offline styx

Reply #63 on: January 07, 2018, 08:09:48 PM
I'll see if there is some left (supposedly someone put gnocci in it so it lasts longer as a sauce because I made it thicker)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #64 on: January 07, 2018, 10:39:11 PM
Yeah we need pics  :D :like:

hr Offline styx

Reply #65 on: January 08, 2018, 06:50:51 PM
apparently someone turned my savoury spicy stew into a mild ragu. heads will roll!!!!!   :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:   :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak: :twak:  :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:

2018-01-08_11-43-12

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #66 on: January 08, 2018, 09:28:42 PM

Looks good to me  :drool:

:cheers:
Everything’s adjustable

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #67 on: January 09, 2018, 01:51:48 AM
apparently someone turned my savoury spicy stew into a mild ragu. heads will roll!!!!!
Probably some ragumuffin...

hr Offline styx

Reply #68 on: January 09, 2018, 09:47:54 AM
most likely someone who can't handle a bit of spice. and it really wasn't that bad

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: January 10, 2018, 08:48:05 AM
most likely someone who can't handle a bit of spice. and it really wasn't that bad

I was in my 30's before I discovered hot & spicy, mother was an excellent cook but didn't do hot.

These days just about everything I eat gets covered in Cayenne pepper. Salt, black pepper, Cumin, Cinnamon and lots and lots of Cayenne on just about everything  :salute:

hr Offline styx

Reply #70 on: January 10, 2018, 02:17:47 PM
well sometimes it is simply appropriate

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #71 on: January 10, 2018, 04:49:43 PM

Either that or Gerhards cooking tastes like socks

:whistle:
Everything’s adjustable

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #72 on: January 10, 2018, 06:53:02 PM

:rofl:
Ah... the original purpose of spices....
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #73 on: January 10, 2018, 08:04:08 PM

To hide the taste of rotting food?

hr Offline styx

Reply #74 on: January 10, 2018, 09:31:12 PM

pretty much

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #75 on: January 10, 2018, 09:38:54 PM
I believe that was the case with curries in India... I could be wrong though (unbelievable, I know).

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #76 on: January 10, 2018, 11:33:19 PM

pretty much
I think so too.  :drool:

All hail the hook!

hr Offline styx

Reply #77 on: January 11, 2018, 09:52:07 AM
I believe that was the case with curries in India... I could be wrong though (unbelievable, I know).

well the general consensus is that stews make the worst meats very tasty, especially if they have a bit of kick to 'em

• No Life Club
Reply #78 on: January 11, 2018, 01:50:14 PM

Well I'm fat, FOS, so there, proof I can cook!  :drink: 

I quite like Indian food, recently had an Indian consultant here for 2 weeks, went to one of the local restaurants and had a blast........he gave instructions more than placing orders, and I really enjoyed trying stuff I would usually not order simply because I don't know what it is.....

Tonight will be crumbed chicken breast strips covered in cream and......you guessed it, cayenne pepper!  :gimme:

Last night was Zebra steak with garlic, onion and button mushrooms.......some feta cheese crumbled over that.

gb Offline Sparky415

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #79 on: January 11, 2018, 05:08:58 PM

Hungry now  :drool:
Everything’s adjustable

hr Offline styx

Reply #80 on: January 11, 2018, 05:46:56 PM
zebra steak? I wonder what time the Zoo opens...

• No Life Club
Reply #81 on: January 12, 2018, 09:01:00 AM
zebra steak? I wonder what time the Zoo opens...

I know it might seem funny to many of you, but in some places in our country Zebra are quite a nuisance!  They are protected and I've been told it's very difficult to get a permit, but there is one shop where I occasionally get Zebra, most of the time Oryx.

I don't eat beef anymore, not that I don't like it, it doesn't like me! Gout......
Cattle farming is however very harmful to the ecology, and I wish more effort would be put into sustainably using wild game.

We are a nation of meat eaters across all cultures  :facepalm:

hr Offline styx

Reply #82 on: January 12, 2018, 09:48:05 AM
i agree with the farming part. especially the mass produced food industry (meats, vegetables...) is a bit of a hot mess.

but i'm still willing to try out different foods for the most part. there are some that i probably wouldn't have the stomach for

• No Life Club
Reply #83 on: January 12, 2018, 11:43:29 AM
I only recently (as in a few weeks ago) found out how cattle promote bush encroachment locally.........

I will try just about anything except silly smurf like eating live animals etc. 

During my survivorman phase I tried bugs, grasshoppers are good, and the exception to what I said is a winged termite that we get before the rain.....those I catch in flight and eat just to freak people out  :rofl: Nice, sweet little snacks  :gimme:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #84 on: January 12, 2018, 01:59:24 PM
I only recently (as in a few weeks ago) found out how cattle promote bush encroachment locally.........

I will try just about anything except silly smurf like eating live animals etc. 

During my survivorman phase I tried bugs, grasshoppers are good, and the exception to what I said is a winged termite that we get before the rain.....those I catch in flight and eat just to freak people out  :rofl: Nice, sweet little snacks  :gimme:
:ahhh

All hail the hook!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #85 on: January 12, 2018, 02:48:07 PM

good source of complete protein, rich in micronutrients, and probably one of the staple foods in the future human diet when we're 10.000 Million people here... :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #86 on: January 12, 2018, 03:39:19 PM

good source of complete protein, rich in micronutrients, and probably one of the staple foods in the future human diet when we're 10.000 Million people here... :salute:
That and soya beans.  ::)

All hail the hook!

hr Offline styx

Reply #87 on: January 12, 2018, 05:06:17 PM
fresh trout is actually really good

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #88 on: January 13, 2018, 04:14:04 PM

That and soya beans.  ::)

but beware, if we stuff all the people in this planet with soybeans we'll end with a "Children of Men" scenario in no time!  :ahhh
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

hr Offline styx

Reply #89 on: July 21, 2018, 03:51:49 PM
Finally managed to get a chance to use the wonderful tool Sparky sent. They cut down a tree in my neighbourhood so I helped myself to a few pieces for yet to be determined projects.

Step 1 was debarking and as you can see the hatchet and Mora did a fast and nice job (I'll remove the inner bark when it dries out a bit)

Now to figure out 2 things - does this count towards the axe user badge and what projects to take on

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%