Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Neighbor problem

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: Neighbor problem
Reply #60 on: December 06, 2017, 05:06:03 PM
If it was assured that it would lead to having our own island, I'd fork up more than 100.  :D
+1

$1000 even.

If that get's me to come and stay for free (food and drinks at cost naturaly) it would make for the perfect vacation.
And let's face it. $1000 for a lifetime of free vacations? Bargain!

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #61 on: December 06, 2017, 05:20:38 PM
@DTT, sounds like a nice place to live.  I live in one of the largest cities in my State.  One of the top 10 largest in the 50 states.  Its a concrete jungle with 6 lane highways in each direction.  The homes are really close to one another.  The average price for a home is nearly 600K.  IMO people get real territorial when it comes to such close property lines.  Like I said, in some areas of my city its, mind your business, or,  all up in your business.  It'd be nice to have a balanced mindset but I really think here in SoCal its rare.  Whats sucks is I like to be neighborly.  I mow my neighbors lawn and for the last year not even a thanks.  I don't do it for that but still.  Our lawns street side connect and I see neighbors cutting right up to the property line.  Its kinda crazy actually but I get it, people get real territorial with their property lines.       
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #62 on: December 06, 2017, 06:53:42 PM
Sounds like our apartment, upstairs is smoking some wacky stuff and our return ducts are shared, to top that off their going into the bathroom and using the fartfan which I guess is also shared and some of it’s coming back in, so I ended up duct taping ours off, our other neighbors to the side has a dog in which she doesn’t pay to have, but we became close with them, at times she wouldn’t have much food so we’d invite her and her kids over for dinner to make sure they were fed. In return since we don’t drive she'd take us shopping when she went, but then all of a sudden it’s like we were the worse neighbors. So she would lock her small dog in the bathroom and it wouldn’t shut up, and her little kid would run up and down the hallway, STOMPING as hard as he could, and with the wife’s headaches it would drive her nuts! Little did she know that we were already trying to get out, yet we needed a reason to break our contract with the apartment, so we threw her under the bus with the kid stomping and the dog barking, plus the upstairs smoking. Only thing was we weren’t the only ones, someone moved in above her and they kept complaining, needless to say she needed up texting the wife threatening her even though it wasn’t us and she didn’t have anything on us, then a few weeks later we moved out, all I know is she ended up having to back pay on the dog and got stuck paying the $30 extra a month to have a pet. The wife kept the message of her threatening her even though when the neighbor went to the office to find out who’s complaining about her, the office isn’t allowed to say who yet they kept saying "no it’s not us" like duh, the only other one it could be is the one above you! Needless to say she’s blonde.. :whistle:
I’m so glad to be out of that place!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #63 on: December 06, 2017, 08:11:14 PM
Our lawns street side connect and I see neighbors cutting right up to the property line.  Its kinda crazy actually but I get it, people get real territorial with their property lines.       
I have seen properties where one neighbour has stopped mowing directly adjacent to their boundary when there is only a metre of grass on their neighbour's side before a driveway.  :facepalm:
Why not just mow that extra metre for them while you are there? I used to when I lived somewhere with that situation. The funny thing is, those grass strips (here anyway) are actually outside your property, but if you don't mow them who will?

Anyway, back to the barking dogs thing... I suggest trying to see things from their perspective first. I'm not saying they are in the right, but I think it would help in finding a peaceful resolution, because anything antagonistic will just make things worse.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:13:10 PM by Syncop8r »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #64 on: December 06, 2017, 08:16:36 PM
Some people get mighty territorial about boundary lines.  I don't get it at all however.  I'll mow ignoring all boundary lines.  I sweep the entire sidewalk.  I think people just need to chill out and maybe smoke more herbals  :rofl:.  I'm pretty chill so little gets me riled up.  I am also pretty much live and let live.  There are limits tho.   
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #65 on: December 06, 2017, 08:20:56 PM
It occurred to me that the best solution is to take out all of your multitools and pull the blades out. Then take any folders or fixed blades you have, and leave all of those laying around the living room. Invite your neighbors over.  Talk rabidly--try to have a wild gleam in your eye--about how much you like to use them to cut things. Be sure to return back to that frequently as you discuss not being happy about the complaint about your dogs.

They'll get weirded out and won't call the cops again about the dogs. They won't mess with you at all, ever again.  :D

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #66 on: December 07, 2017, 12:39:59 AM
Sounds like our apartment, upstairs is smoking some wacky stuff and our return ducts are shared, to top that off their going into the bathroom and using the fartfan which I guess is also shared and some of it’s coming back in, so I ended up duct taping ours off, our other neighbors to the side has a dog in which she doesn’t pay to have, but we became close with them, at times she wouldn’t have much food so we’d invite her and her kids over for dinner to make sure they were fed. In return since we don’t drive she'd take us shopping when she went, but then all of a sudden it’s like we were the worse neighbors. So she would lock her small dog in the bathroom and it wouldn’t shut up, and her little kid would run up and down the hallway, STOMPING as hard as he could, and with the wife’s headaches it would drive her nuts! Little did she know that we were already trying to get out, yet we needed a reason to break our contract with the apartment, so we threw her under the bus with the kid stomping and the dog barking, plus the upstairs smoking. Only thing was we weren’t the only ones, someone moved in above her and they kept complaining, needless to say she needed up texting the wife threatening her even though it wasn’t us and she didn’t have anything on us, then a few weeks later we moved out, all I know is she ended up having to back pay on the dog and got stuck paying the $30 extra a month to have a pet. The wife kept the message of her threatening her even though when the neighbor went to the office to find out who’s complaining about her, the office isn’t allowed to say who yet they kept saying "no it’s not us" like duh, the only other one it could be is the one above you! Needless to say she’s blonde.. :whistle:
JR

wow, I feel ya JR, I was on the top floor and had the same issue with stomping kids, banging on the walls, closing cabinets and closets...it was maddening, I had lived there over 10 yrs and saw the apt below me change hands many times, and do to the cheapo construction materials sound traveled into my apartment from below so loudly I had to wear earplugs or blast music. Apartment living is a nightmare.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #67 on: December 07, 2017, 04:50:38 AM
I don't have bad neighbors any more.

Ahhhh.....

It feels nice.

Sorry to hear of others issues. I absolutely know how it feels. FELT. I know how it FELT.
Reference, 'My Idiot Neighbor'. https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,51466.0.html

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #68 on: December 07, 2017, 05:03:06 AM
JR

wow, I feel ya JR, I was on the top floor and had the same issue with stomping kids, banging on the walls, closing cabinets and closets...it was maddening, I had lived there over 10 yrs and saw the apt below me change hands many times, and do to the cheapo construction materials sound traveled into my apartment from below so loudly I had to wear earplugs or blast music. Apartment living is a nightmare.
That kid was a nightmare, he was only like 15lbs, but stomped so freaking hard, :poh: a few times I got so pissed and did hopscotch myself or dropped a 15lb kettlebell :whistle:
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: December 07, 2017, 08:11:10 AM
JR

That kid was a nightmare, he was only like 15lbs, but stomped so freaking hard, :poh: a few times I got so pissed and did hopscotch myself or dropped a 15lb kettlebell :whistle:
JR

Lol, been there, done that and more, yeah it's the parents tho who are thoughtless and bad neighbors, let their kids do as they please with no concern to anyone else's sanity. I'm so glad I'm out of there. prior to that I lived in Queens NY, apartment was robbed twice and car was stolen, so if anyone here wonders why I'm a grump, these are some of the contributing factors  :rofl:

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #70 on: December 07, 2017, 08:50:49 AM
It occurred to me that the best solution is to take out all of your multitools and pull the blades out. Then take any folders or fixed blades you have, and leave all of those laying around the living room. Invite your neighbors over.  Talk rabidly--try to have a wild gleam in your eye--about how much you like to use them to cut things. Be sure to return back to that frequently as you discuss not being happy about the complaint about your dogs.

They'll get weirded out and won't call the cops again about the dogs. They won't mess with you at all, ever again.  :D

[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #71 on: December 07, 2017, 07:07:16 PM
JR

JR

Lol, been there, done that and more, yeah it's the parents tho who are thoughtless and bad neighbors, let their kids do as they please with no concern to anyone else's sanity. I'm so glad I'm out of there. prior to that I lived in Queens NY, apartment was robbed twice and car was stolen, so if anyone here wonders why I'm a grump, these are some of the contributing factors  :rofl:
Nice, that kid loved when mom was home, cause he had free range, but when dad was home, it was peaceful!
We lived in philly, I was egged twice, had a tire iron and four way lug wrench pulled on me, and even an old lady pulled a shotgun on me! Needless to say I got a license, and those two who pulled the tire iron and lug wrench dropped them as fast as I lifted my shirt! :whistle: that old lady though, um, well, I probably wouldn’t have a head! But she called who I worked with and he explained why it wasn’t him and I was good to let in..
JR

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: December 08, 2017, 02:49:36 AM
JR

JR

Nice, that kid loved when mom was home, cause he had free range, but when dad was home, it was peaceful!
We lived in philly, I was egged twice, had a tire iron and four way lug wrench pulled on me, and even an old lady pulled a shotgun on me! Needless to say I got a license, and those two who pulled the tire iron and lug wrench dropped them as fast as I lifted my shirt! :whistle: that old lady though, um, well, I probably wouldn’t have a head! But she called who I worked with and he explained why it wasn’t him and I was good to let in..
JR

LOL, I  didnt know you were a film star

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #73 on: December 08, 2017, 03:54:31 AM
JR

JR

JR

(Image removed from quote.)
Lol, close. First we’re talking philadelphia, and second, a row home, which had a little entery way, you walked in and it was like a tunnel to another door, she opened the first door and let me in but she backed up as I grabbed my tools and as I got to that second door I backed up! All I saw was (OO)
JR 

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #74 on: December 08, 2017, 04:10:25 AM
JR

JR

JR

Lol, close. First we’re talking philadelphia, and second, a row home, which had a little entery way, you walked in and it was like a tunnel to another door, she opened the first door and let me in but she backed up as I grabbed my tools and as I got to that second door I backed up! All I saw was (OO)
JR

One day we should trade service call horror stories, I have some doozies, but I think you win with that one   :facepalm:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #75 on: December 08, 2017, 04:30:36 AM
JR

JR

JR

JR

One day we should trade service call horror stories, I have some doozies, but I think you win with that one   :facepalm:
Oh heck yeah! How’s this for a laugh? Lady is interested the water filters you put on your faucet, so I explain everything out, then asked about the replacement filters, how many do you get in the single, (me one) in the double, (me two) and in the triple? (Me three) so I then explained some more, then she asked the same question, how many? In the single, um 1, the double, uh 2, and the triple? Uh 3! So then she’s like isn’t that kinda expensive? No, that’s pretty good, you get some good use out of a filter, then she’s like oh you mean you don’t have to change the filter each time like a coffee filter? OMG :facepalm:
JR

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #76 on: December 08, 2017, 05:11:14 AM
lol, ridiculous

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #77 on: December 08, 2017, 10:10:59 AM
At least she's not reusing coffee filters.   :P
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #78 on: December 08, 2017, 11:31:41 AM
Or the Smurf Filter.  :think:

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #79 on: December 09, 2017, 05:20:59 AM
Yikes. I think that lady takes the cake. I'm not even sure if water filters are at peak performance the first time they are used, are they? The worst one I've had recently...

Few weeks ago, I get a call from a customer. They need a new user set up- the customer's admin does it, but maybe they forgot how or did it wrong.

Do my song, do my dance. Turns out the user refuses to use computers (and telephones). The customer is trying to find a way for their employee to get into the website without using a computer.

:ahhh
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:23:17 AM by ironraven »
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #80 on: December 09, 2017, 05:31:26 AM
Yikes. I think that lady takes the cake. I'm not even sure if water filters are at peak performance the first time they are used, are they? The worst one I've had recently...

Few weeks ago, I get a call from a customer. They need a new user set up- the customer's admin does it, but maybe they forgot how or did it wrong.

Do my song, do my dance. Turns out the user refuses to use computers (and telephones). The customer is trying to find a way for their employee to get into the website without using a computer.

:ahhh

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #81 on: December 09, 2017, 06:09:30 AM
No no no, you want one that takes the cake?
A diy handyman comes in and asked about installing a gas stove, so I ask what’s point A and what’s point D, so I can do the figuring on what to use to work between. Well, I find out I’m missing point C, and tell him I can’t help him, he’s like yeah you got what I need just give me this and that, and it will work, oh hell no, you can’t use point F in between A-D, it’s illegal and won’t work,, so the guy says you don’t know what your talking about, and I say sorry I can’t help you and I wash my hands! I ran to my manager to explain and he understood, then two days later a friend brings in a paper and says read page 3, what’s it say, House cought fire from gas range :o so I ran, and I do mean ran to show my manager, his jaw dropped, and said you told him it wouldn’t work right? Yes! And said I wash my hands of it! Then we should be fine..

I loved it when someone told me I have no clue as to what I’m doing, another time I explained something to someone for like 25min, getting into every little detail, then what’s he say, “your wrong, it doesn’t work that way, I’ve been doing this for over 17yrs and you don’t know what your talking about” like first off if you’ve been doing it for 17yrs why even ask me? Seriously? Me and a coworker were going to write a book of all the idiots we put up with and we were sure that book would have sold!
JR

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #82 on: December 09, 2017, 06:21:17 AM
can I PM you a question JR?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #83 on: December 09, 2017, 07:14:53 AM
My doors always open, everyone knows that..
JR

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #84 on: December 09, 2017, 07:45:26 AM

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #85 on: December 09, 2017, 11:50:36 PM
JR
Hopefully burglars in  your area don't know that. :ninja:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #86 on: December 10, 2017, 01:31:30 AM
JR
Hopefully burglars in  your area don't know that. :ninja:
Lol, well it might be open but their not going to like the outcome when that doors open uninvitedly, it’s really loud! :whistle:
JR

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #87 on: December 10, 2017, 01:49:52 AM
If it was assured that it would lead to having our own island, I'd fork up more than 100.  :D

Here you go:
https://www.privateislandsonline.com/canada/quebec/fitzpatrick-island

Everyone could hunt, fish and play in the woods and water all day long.

I was hoping for something more tropical, but this is a hard one to argue with.

Def

Wow that website is a rabbit hole of interesting places to look at, for some reason there seem to be a lot of islands for sale in the Caribbean? I wonder what happened there recently to make all these people sell up  :D

Hurricane Irma?
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%