Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Heavy duty door Opening Tool?

LOWW · 172 · 15549

Offline LOWW

on: December 06, 2017, 11:19:17 AM
Hi
A Door Ram is to heavy to carry aground over a longer Distance.
Can someone recommend other Tools who are legal to own who allow me to open an Door fast?
Pls keep in mind in Europe the Doors are mostly secured with an additional Bar in the Middle and other Stuff.
I got this from Ebay: https://romantactical.com/shop/all-products/roman-tactical-break-and-rake-tool-6-foot/ thankfully I dont have to use it yet.
THX

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Re: Heavy duty door Opening Tool?
Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 12:15:35 PM
A crowbar?

Or a badly driven car. Those can do quite some damage to a door I hear.  :D
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

Offline LOWW

Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 03:03:53 PM
How to get a Car into the 4rd Floor?  ::)
The most doors are designs to resist an ordinary crowbar.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 03:26:21 PM
I hate to sound like my grandmother--but why do you need forcible entry tools?  For practical day-to-day uses, I don't see a point, unless you are a first responder.

Without a real reason, law enforcement will be thinking that you are a thief planning a break-in.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:29:14 PM by cody6268 »

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 03:35:49 PM
How to get a Car into the 4rd Floor?  ::)
The most doors are designs to resist an ordinary crowbar.

I was thinking about houses not apartment buildings.  :D

I don't think you can get anything legal that has more destructive potential and is man portable as a crowbar. Or maybe lock picking kit. But that requires a lot of practice. And is illegal in many countries. Or maybe bump keys. Those require less skill but are more specific, depending on the type of the lock you have to deal with.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 03:38:47 PM
How quickly are you hoping to enter?  How quietly?  How discreetly?   
Esse Quam Videri

Offline LOWW

Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 11:29:44 PM
The fast as possible.
b, c -> not that much. When I get in the will know about a while before.  :D
It should be the choice of last resort.

Here in Europe the situation dont get better so its better to help my self.
When some neighbour get crazy and convert to the fanatic cult and plan to build an Bomb there will be just a short time to detect and neutralise the thread.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 10:16:07 AM
When some neighbour get crazy and convert to the fanatic cult and plan to build an Bomb there will be just a short time to detect and neutralise the thread.
This worries me a bit...
How do you know your neighbors are doing something bad, without invading their privacy beforehand. I must urge you not to be the guy who spies on his neighbors. Please, if you have any suspicion, hand the matter over to the authorities.

By any happenstance, would you be working in Mall security?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:20:29 AM by Etherealicer »
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 10:53:54 AM
Fast opening of a door on any floor?

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 11:07:20 AM
Well, in my part of Europe, things are all in all quite nice. People are smurfs, but that is always true in all parts of the world. In fact, I would suggest that your chances of nice life would be much more improved by being less of a smurf than most, have good friends, plan for the future and do technology related stuff for a living as compared to going all post apocalypse survival door breaching gun nut on your neighbours.  :cheers:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 01:30:43 PM
The fast as possible.

Allow me to add some input, given that I have some experience in these areas.

If you are a tactical officer then you may be required to use the equipment provided by your agency as it will have been tested for effectiveness, and altering the established formula with personal equipment can cause major liability issues at best, or cause operational failure at worst.  I do not recommend obtaining your own tactical response equipment without the express written consent of the agent in charge.  Anything less could put you and/or your team at risk, and that is unacceptable.

If you are not a tactical officer, merely a concerned citizen then your responsibilities will never include breaching someone's door and neutralizing a threat, no matter what you see in movies.  My advice for this situation is as follows:

A- You need to start with informing the local authorities of any potential threats immediately.  They train for and have the equipment and support to deal with such things, and I am guessing that you do not.  Acting on your own puts yourself and everyone around you at risk.

B- Your only responsibility (other than contacting authorities) in these situations is to get you and any loved ones away from any potential harm.  This includes possibly moving to a better neighborhood, or, if that is not an option, a good Bug Out Bag loaded with food, water, a knife, cash, fire making equipment etc and other important survival items could be imperative, as well as having a good plan of where to go and what to do when you get there.  Stashes can be important as well, in case you are unable to take your bag when you leave (ie, departing from a separate location), as well as making excellent meeting points for any loved ones that may have gotten displaced. 

I don't know what country you are in, or what your personal finances, local terrain etc are like, but I would strongly suggest that you keep your equipment purchases to defense rather than offense- at least, if you still want to be alive the day after.  Entirely your choice of course.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline LOWW

Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 08:06:38 PM
without invading their privacy beforehand
If you not doing anything suspicious you dont have anything to hide ride?  :think:
Please, if you have any suspicion, hand the matter over to the authorities.
You know the Riot in Hamburg during the G20 where the authorities did not very much?  :whistle:
I know my rights.  :tu:
Fast opening of a door on any floor?
Does I say without any Weapon or explosive? If not here it is.
Well, in my part of Europe, things are all in all quite nice.
You life on the right side of the Boarder. People are might not the richest from Europe but life quite safe.
You need to start with informing the local authorities of any potential threats immediately.
What happened if there arent any? Or the situation is that worse the dont care about anything?
a good Bug Out Bag loaded with food, water, a knife, cash, fire making equipment etc and other important survival items could be imperative, as well as having a good plan of where to go and what to do when you get there.
I live in an Urban Area where a good Place to hide is very rare. The only good way is stay at home and neutralise any tread.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 08:14:34 PM
Gentlemen, I believe we have a troll on our hands.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:16:43 PM by gdoolittle »

Offline LOWW

Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 08:25:02 PM
WTF?!
Do you want see my Breaking Tool who I have still home?  :drool:  :think:
I dont see why its bad to ask that serious question.
Just because your life Reality is different?

ca Offline GuacamoleBay

Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 08:25:58 PM
The fast as possible.

First of all I have to make an obligatory mall ninja comment. Second stop being so paranoid and let's be realistic, without proper training, experience, and equipment you will be completely useless in such a situation if not becoming a liability to law enforcement because they now have to save you. Get out of your Die Hardesque fantasy world and put some trust in your police and your government.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 08:30:27 PM
Im all for being prepared for everything and sometimes not trusting that others will have your back, but I’m not sure that this guy is serious, and if he is, is he seriously wanting to be prepared or is he seriously wanting to spy on his neighbor/break in for no reason?

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 09:02:17 PM
WTF?!
Do you want see my Breaking Tool who I have still home?  :drool:  :think:
I dont see why its bad to ask that serious question.
Just because your life Reality is different?

It isn't bad to ask serious questions however just as life realities can be different forums can also be different.
This forum really isn't the place for the questions you are asking here.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 10:03:48 PM
Good point from zoidberg here.
We're all tool enthousiasts that enjoy talking about, using, reviewing and photographing our tools while helping us during our daily life.
We're not the kind of people who take matters into our own hands and start kicking in doors.
If you're preparing for a doomsday scenario, there are forums for that too.

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 11:17:31 PM
I know my rights.  :tu:
Obviously, you don't

spying on your neighbors and invading their privacy is NOT LEGAL
breaching someones door is NOT LEGAL
and "eliminating" the threat is NOT LEGAL

You understand, that by your very own definition, one of your neighbors should kick your door in. After all, you stockpile food, have weapons and breaching tools and admit that you would invade their home at any sign you deem suspicious. All hallmarks of a member of a fanatic cult.

Other than that, the Gerber Ding-Dong always gets my vote... has the best name and comes in fantastic tactical black :facepalm: :rofl:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 08:18:39 AM

OK, I'll bite :)

I don't have much experience with neighboors going fanatic or cultish, and I have no idea what they are planning, but I doubt whatever it is it will not be an abrupt sudden change that defends or requires any immediate action? Chances are you're the actual problem by the sound of it.

I know there are places in this world were authorities and legal protection is simply not working. If that is indeed the case you might want to move if at all possible. If that is not possible might I suggest that going on a one-man crusade with a glorified crowbar against people you think are heavily armed and planning to do harm does not sound like a good idea.

I'm with GDoolittle on this one.

"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 09:22:23 AM
I'm not going to answer on the other points, but this one:
If you not doing anything suspicious you dont have anything to hide ride?  :think:
No, It's not because I have smurf loads of things that could look suspicious at home (I am a 'Sunday Maker' if you like, meaning I store things like computer parts and other electronics, random metal stuff, gaz tank, batteries; RF components, fertilizers , and such from many different projects that could be interpreted as 'bomb making', nothing you can't find at any mall though.)
I am not doing something bad, but why would I accept to expose all my life to my civilian neighbors?

I am pretty sure you also have secrets (did I say 'dirty secrets'?) that you don't want people to know about. Does that mean you are a threat to anyone?
Maybe.
Or maybe not?

Meet me also on youtube & instagram for mostly knives (and multitools) content

Offline LOWW

Reply #22 on: December 08, 2017, 09:35:42 AM
 :D i dont understand why so many people here have an problem with an simple tool?
The same is for a Knife. The can be deathly to.  ::)
Or a Spoon!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 10:06:47 AM
Yes they are.
But like you mentioned yourself, it's the way you intend to use it.

Asking for the best tool to breach a door is like asking how to burglarise a home.
You can't expect everyday people who try to live their lives in a decent way to flood you with answers about how you can kick in your neighbours door. This is not the forum for that, simply because the members aren't like that.

I'll give you this though:
I'm a security tech myself. I've secured my own house because i CAN, not because I had to.
However, someone who is doing illegal things like: building a bomb, producing drugs, etc... will ALSO secure the place.
You can try to open my door with a single tool, but you'll fail. Just as you would with any criminal's door.

If he's doing illegal stuff, you're not getting in. Simple as that. Not with a crowbar, not with a tool and not with a ram either.

Whenever a drug lab goes up in flames, the fire dept has a hard time reaching the fire because the place is locked so tightly. Yet you expect to get inside within seconds with just a single tool? That does sound like you've seen to many movies...

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 10:21:55 AM
I'm a security tech myself. I've secured my own house because i CAN, not because I had to.
However, someone who is doing illegal things like: building a bomb, producing drugs, etc... will ALSO secure the place.
You can try to open my door with a single tool, but you'll fail. Just as you would with any criminal's door.

Can't get through in a reasonable length of time, but if I take an unresonable amount of time as I have been known to do?  :think:

:D

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 10:24:52 AM

Can't get through in a reasonable length of time, but if I take an unresonable amount of time as I have been known to do?  :think:

Then you'll wake up with a headache and a generic brand multitool  shoved up your bottom...

In a ditch :whiste:

Offline LOWW

Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 10:27:37 AM
So what do you think should I do when nobody care about?
When you see what happened during the G20 in Hamburg you would understand that the Authorities are blind on both eyes and dont want see the full true.
The doen it like Picard:  :facepalm: I cant see any crime so the City is safe.  :ahhh

Some people give thrust the State. How about the Snowden Files?  :drink:
Dear 3ltr Agency here you have all my Data.  :salute:

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: December 08, 2017, 10:31:34 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: December 08, 2017, 10:38:23 AM

Then you'll wake up with a headache and a generic brand multitool  shoved up your bottom...

In a ditch :whiste:

I have a cunning plan!

Also: HELP, HELP, I AM BEING REPRESSED!   :ahhh

Offline LOWW

Reply #29 on: December 08, 2017, 10:41:01 AM
.... ???

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!