Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Heavy duty door Opening Tool?

LOWW · 172 · 15062

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Re: Heavy duty door Opening Tool?
Reply #60 on: December 08, 2017, 03:38:53 PM
I would hardly consider Austria to be a fallen state.

No, Austria is just fine. Australia on the other hand is about to fall, them being upside down and all.

Ok, I'll see myself out of this thread now before I get myself banned...  :D
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #61 on: December 08, 2017, 03:40:38 PM

No, Austria is just fine. Australia on the other hand is about to fall, them being upside down and all.

Ok, I'll see myself out of this thread now before I get myself banned...  :D
:facepalm:
Here's your coat. I think I'll follow.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #62 on: December 08, 2017, 03:48:55 PM
Well said DTT.
Thanks man!

not now but the situation get worse and worse. There are the single incidents who make life  :ahhh.
The worst tread on a Christmas market was drunken people and now an Truck with an fanatic extremist.
Sigh...
I tried to warn you.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #63 on: December 08, 2017, 03:56:55 PM
In an fallen State does the Authorities care about anything?

But, even if you think so, the best way to protect yourself is to protect yourself.  Running into dangerous situations for no sensible reason is a good way to let them win.  I suggest you stop watching movies and playing Call Of Duty and start thinking about how you are going to get away from trouble, and what you are going to do when you get there rather than living with the fantasy that you are a super ninja.

Because let's face it, if you were a super ninja, you wouldn't need our input.

Def
I agree with this, I think everyone should be prepared to defend themselves, and some situations are worse than others. If someone attacks you or starts attacking others, do something about it, but for all you know your neighbors are just loud. And for all we know you are a crazy person and looking for an excuse to break in to a neighbor’s property, so don’t become offended by our carefulness. You are not a swat team, or a bomb squad, or John Wick. Get whatever tools you can legally to defend yourself and your home, practice with them, use them to defend your life or your family’s life if needed, but do not invade another person’s property without reason. Call the police. If there is truly something going on, it is better that they know and they are the ones to handle it because if you try something yourself and you fail in stopping the threat (if there is one), no one else knows, and you’ve probably just put more innocent people in danger.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #64 on: December 08, 2017, 04:07:27 PM
not now but the situation get worse and worse. There are the single incidents who make life  :ahhh.
The worst tread on a Christmas market was drunken people and now an Truck with an fanatic extremist.

Let's assume for a moment that you are correct, and that the authorities no longer exist, somehow the whole country falls tomorrow and you fall into lawlessness, potential threats behind every doorway.

Scanario 1:  You hear a rumor that a neighbor is making bombs and you consider it a credible threat.  You get your tactical door knocker out and any fire arms you may have access to, and go to "neutralize the threat."  You manage to keep your calm, steady your pulse so that you won't miss Bad Guy X with your first shot.  You swing the knocker and successfully manage to breach the door only to find out the hard way that the door was rigged to explode with unauthorized entry and you are now lying in the hall, bleeding to death from the various splinters sticking out of your flesh, and Bad Guy X appropriates all of your gear and you have just strengthened the bad guys.

Scenario 2: The same as above, but the door isn't rigged to explode.  You gain access only to find that Bad Guy X is having a party, and, while you are trying to shoot him, Bad Guy Y, Bad Guy Z and three others donate a few rounds from each of their AK-47's to your anatomy and you lie there, dying from repeated gunshot wounds and all of your fancy tactical equipment becomes theirs.

Scenario 3:  Same as above, except Bad Guy X doesn't have friends over.  In fact, Bad Guy X turns out to be a regular guy who has been stealing to feed his small, young family, your intel is wrong, and you have just killed two small children by shooting their father in front of them, and now they will starve to death with no way to feed or defend themselves.

Scenario 4:  You grab your bug out bag and head for the country when poop happens.  You find a nice, defensible piece of land rich with game and good soil for growing a small amount of vegetables.  You survive long enough for order to be restored and you go back to your life, stronger for the experience.

That's pretty well what you can expect.  The choice is yours, but remember, bad guys don't play fair, and you are going to lose if you think you are a super hero.  You are not.  Idiotic decisions like thinking you are a one man tactical force are going to make sure that someone else gets to play with all of your high quality toys.  And, if you don't believe me, then I wish you the best of luck in surviving long enough to learn from your choices.  I did, and I have the arthritis, screws and plates and scars to prove it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #65 on: December 08, 2017, 04:23:44 PM
<< I light my incense >> 

<< rings bell to clear and balance the frequency around me >>

Ok, let us begin.  LOWW, you sir or ma'am can do whatever you want.  In no way am I telling you what to do or not do. 
The guys have already given you great advice.  So let me have a go at another angle. 

Focus on the good in your life.  Poo happens and life can be overwhelming.  For some the response is to fortify themselves with every bit of gear to create a sense of safety.  Thats fine.  I often wonder tho, why not become part of the system you see as flawed or inept?  Once on the inside be the voice that brings attention to whatever you see as inept.  Work towards positivity.  Focus on positivity.  The door or doors you feel may need breaching may very well need breaching.  Heck we all have "DOORS" that need breaching, metaphorically speaking. 

Become part of the larger picture rather than a "lone wolf" or small group.  Is there any reason you cannot or have not gone to the authorities?  You may feel they are complacent but how would you know unless you spoke to each and everyone?  From what I understand, any credible report of such activities is investigated.  We have a saying here in the states, if you see something,  say something. 

If you are trying to be a good citizen then say something otherwise  :think: 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #66 on: December 08, 2017, 04:27:19 PM
<< extinguishes incense allowing smoke to carry away all negativity >>

<< rings bell, balancing my frequency >>

Everything is good again  :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #67 on: December 08, 2017, 04:44:58 PM
You need to put things into perspective. Then you will realize that getting run over by a car was and still is by far more likely to happen to you and it has nothing to do with fanatics or terrorists. Terrorism is a tragedy and it is sad for the victims, but its just a blip in the whole, blown out of proportion by media. Seriously, those acts of terrorism don't even tip the scale. I mean the London tube registers about 40 death/year due to accident (and over 4000 injured). So, there were 30 more injured due to an act of terrorism, that's less than 1%.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #68 on: December 08, 2017, 04:54:31 PM
You need to put things into perspective. Then you will realize that getting run over by a car was and still is by far more likely to happen to you and it has nothing to do with fanatics or terrorists. Terrorism is a tragedy and it is sad for the victims, but its just a blip in the whole, blown out of proportion by media. Seriously, those acts of terrorism don't even tip the scale. I mean the London tube registers about 40 death/year due to accident (and over 4000 injured). So, there were 30 more injured due to an act of terrorism, that's less than 1%.
:salute:
Just like some other unlikely dangers, this one tends to seem more likely than it actually is.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: December 08, 2017, 05:00:46 PM
Agree with the above

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Reply #70 on: December 08, 2017, 05:33:23 PM
I understand what you´re saying LOWW.
I want to be safe too.

A nice white room, with three meals a day and lots of tranquilizers would be perfect.
Oh, and a garden, with an electrified fence.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #71 on: December 08, 2017, 05:47:39 PM
Keeps everyone out 8)

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #72 on: December 08, 2017, 06:16:17 PM
What I'm saying is, that unless you walk around with a high visibility west and personal lighting at all the time, you might as well neglect the other dangers.

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #73 on: December 08, 2017, 07:00:04 PM
Keeps everyone out 8)
And me in.

I would be at peace, and no longer have urges to blow up the neighbours house just because I like fireworks.

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #74 on: December 08, 2017, 09:56:58 PM
A Door Ram is to heavy to carry aground over a longer Distance.

How far is it to this neighbor you have? Must be a big 4th floor? Or do you plan on checking the entire neighborhood?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. :facepalm: )

"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #75 on: December 08, 2017, 10:27:24 PM
I think the plan is to travel across town using public transport with a heavy duty door opening tool and foldable shovel, deal with the threat, then dig a hole to bury the body. Not sure about the saw though.  :think:
I have a folding SOG Entrenching Tool and the Gerber Gorge shovel
does the have a usable saw?  :think:
so not much can go wrong with it.
When you travel by Public Transport its not the best solution.
I also want an good Saw.

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #76 on: December 08, 2017, 10:51:58 PM
Found exactly the right thing !
cc4-swiss-army-special.jpg
* cc4-swiss-army-special.jpg (Filesize: 29.47 KB)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #77 on: December 09, 2017, 04:21:42 PM
I think the plan is to travel across town using public transport with a heavy duty door opening tool and foldable shovel, deal with the threat, then dig a hole to bury the body. Not sure about the saw though.  :think:
I have a folding SOG Entrenching Tool and the Gerber Gorge shovel
does the have a usable saw?  :think:
so not much can go wrong with it.
When you travel by Public Transport its not the best solution.
I also want an good Saw.

well the saw is to separate arms, legs and head from the torso... OBVIOUS!  :twak:
Well, I guess this thread stopped being family friendly a while back  :P
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #78 on: December 09, 2017, 04:55:22 PM
Found exactly the right thing !

That is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I must be a serious sci-fi geek to recognise most of the tools. There was I thinking I was normal too....
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #79 on: December 10, 2017, 01:17:44 AM
It's a door. Think about it.

If you have to ask this question, then I"m not sure you're ready to use the answer wisely. And you're asking online. Even if you think you're being clever and hiding your trail online, unless you're spoofing your hardware IDs you're just making yourself look more interesting.

I think you're seeing the issue as larger than it really is and your ability to influence them as even more inflated. Back up. Breath deep. Sober up. And think very, very hard about your next step. If you ever need to execute this scheme, remember, professionals work in teams for a reason. There is no "I" in team. Alone, you're meat. As part of a group of untrained, undercapitilized amateurs, you're going to make meat out of eachother.

And a pro wouldn't be asking this question. They'd be checking the book or talking to their scrounger and their gadgeteer. Or just resorting to more brute force.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #80 on: December 10, 2017, 08:48:33 AM
Based on my frequent visits to Vienna I would say that there is a noticeable increase in police presence, especially the past year. As noticed by many the police are everywhere, especially around this time. There is also increased security everywhere, like barriers to stop attacks by vehicles.
The numbers of resident alcoholics and beggers seem to be the same and they are mainly around the city centre,  and prater area. If you go out of the centre you will not see any. There is a noticeable increase in imigrants legal/illegal begging in a pushy way.
Now, according to what I was told by the police you are allowed, legally to sit and beg, provided you are not  talking to people and asking for money. As pointed before new beggers will pursue passers by and actively request money, something that is not in Austrian culture and worries people.
However the increase in imigrants begging is common in all Europe.

Vienna feels safe overall.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

gb Offline greenbear

• Outdoorsy type and over-opinionated buffoon
Reply #81 on: December 10, 2017, 09:08:38 AM
"Scanario 1:  You hear a rumor that a neighbor is making bombs and you consider it a credible threat.  You get your tactical door knocker out and any fire arms you may have access to, and go to "neutralize the threat."  You manage to keep your calm, steady your pulse so that you won't miss Bad Guy X with your first shot.  You swing the knocker and successfully manage to breach the door only to find out the hard way that the door was rigged to explode with unauthorized entry and you are now lying in the hall, bleeding to death from the various splinters sticking out of your flesh, and Bad Guy X appropriates all of your gear and you have just strengthened the bad guys.

Scenario 2: The same as above, but the door isn't rigged to explode.  You gain access only to find that Bad Guy X is having a party, and, while you are trying to shoot him, Bad Guy Y, Bad Guy Z and three others donate a few rounds from each of their AK-47's to your anatomy and you lie there, dying from repeated gunshot wounds and all of your fancy tactical equipment becomes theirs.

Scenario 3:  Same as above, except Bad Guy X doesn't have friends over.  In fact, Bad Guy X turns out to be a regular guy who has been stealing to feed his small, young family, your intel is wrong, and you have just killed two small children by shooting their father in front of them, and now they will starve to death with no way to feed or defend themselves.

Scenario 4:  You grab your bug out bag and head for the country when poop happens.  You find a nice, defensible piece of land rich with game and good soil for growing a small amount of vegetables.  You survive long enough for order to be restored and you go back to your life, stronger for the experience."

There is a 5th scenario, and that is that a perfectly average and wholly law abiding guy is sitting in his apartment wondering why the paranoid delusional idiot from down the hall has just blown his door off and barged into his apartment.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #82 on: December 10, 2017, 01:16:54 PM
So, yesterday I was eating dinner with people from 4 continents (Vietnam to Chile and Netherlands to South Africa, that is at least the people I know the origin off). Each brought food from their countries. Syrian sweets, Nigerian Chicken, Sri Lankan Curry, Greek Cheescake... all was there. Then it dawned on me, best way to knock down a door or even bring down a wall, is to get to know these people.

So, my suggestion for you:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:23:27 PM by Etherealicer »

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #83 on: December 10, 2017, 04:02:04 PM

A very interesting approach. :)

(Although if someone walking around with a heavy duty door opener invited me to dinner I would hesitate. Without comparison the same also goes for single women.. That makes single women with a heavy duty door opener a definate no I guess).

I discovered this other great door opening tool some years ago. It is called a doorbell. You press it and quite often the door opens - usually along with people who you might then get to know a bit better.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:04:37 PM by Vidar »
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Reply #84 on: December 10, 2017, 09:12:55 PM
So, yesterday I was eating dinner with people from 4 continents (Vietnam to Chile and Netherlands to South Africa, that is at least the people I know the origin off). Each brought food from their countries. Syrian sweets, Nigerian Chicken, Sri Lankan Curry, Greek Cheescake... all was there. Then it dawned on me, best way to knock down a door or even bring down a wall, is to get to know these people.

(Image removed from quote.)

and now i'm hungry
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #85 on: December 10, 2017, 10:58:28 PM
Well of course; you're a labrador.

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Reply #86 on: December 10, 2017, 11:26:37 PM
 :rofl:

He does have his own fb page  :)
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #87 on: December 11, 2017, 03:30:05 AM

Ah, food.

My second favorite way of opening a door. (Favorite is a key.) Beware geeks bearing gifts, for they may want to get to know you.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #88 on: December 11, 2017, 01:23:05 PM
When you need to breech a door without any tools you should only learn from the best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXSGV5wEv1o
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #89 on: December 11, 2017, 06:00:33 PM
Is the OP still around?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00