Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Heavy duty door Opening Tool?

LOWW · 172 · 15580

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Re: Heavy duty door Opening Tool?
Reply #90 on: December 11, 2017, 06:16:42 PM
Is the OP still around?

He was here yesterday.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:18:22 PM by Ronald Schröder »

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #91 on: December 11, 2017, 06:18:14 PM
So quiet...

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #92 on: December 11, 2017, 06:20:33 PM
Still waters run deep...

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #93 on: December 11, 2017, 06:48:10 PM
The authorities who are so inefficient at counter terrorism but are obviously masters of digital counter espionage, have traced the OP and arrested him for cyber mall ninja-ism. Right now he's breaking rocks at a maximum security jail, looking at the massive hammer in his hands and thinking 'why on earth didn't I think of using one of these?'.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #95 on: December 11, 2017, 10:55:20 PM
Right now he's breaking rocks at a maximum security jail, looking at the massive hammer in his hands and thinking 'why on earth didn't I think of using one of these?'.

Are hammers in maximum security jails massive enough to break doors? Something about that doesn't sound quite right. Although I'm sure they would have appreciated a heavy duty door opening tool too!  :angel:
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #96 on: December 12, 2017, 07:44:05 AM
Right now he's breaking rocks at a maximum security jail, looking at the massive hammer in his hands and thinking 'why on earth didn't I think of using one of these?'.

Are hammers in maximum security jails massive enough to break doors? Something about that doesn't sound quite right. Although I'm sure they would have appreciated a heavy duty door opening tool too!  :angel:
It's on a chain that's long enough to reach within arms length of the doors, just to annoy people :rofl:

fr Offline m47mu74nt

• No Life Club
Reply #97 on: December 12, 2017, 08:19:24 AM

It's on a chain that's long enough to reach within arms length of the doors, just to annoy people :rofl:
I see, you belong in the crew that writes the next Saw movie  :whistle:
Meet me also on youtube & instagram for mostly knives (and multitools) content

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #98 on: December 12, 2017, 02:20:53 PM
Just had a thought. One could use a tri-fold shovel as a buckler (small shield) and a one of those axe/prybar hybrids as a weapon and go all medieval/viking on unsuspecting neighbours... now where is that axe wielding emoticon  :think:? :D
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #99 on: December 12, 2017, 05:09:24 PM
Just had a thought. One could use a tri-fold shovel as a buckler (small shield) and a one of those axe/prybar hybrids as a weapon and go all medieval/viking on unsuspecting neighbours... now where is that axe wielding emoticon  :think:? :D
:viking:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #100 on: December 12, 2017, 05:21:02 PM
:ashley:
Nate

SEND IT!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #101 on: December 12, 2017, 05:35:40 PM
Fairly sure an axe would not work on a house-door. At least not fast, nor quite.

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #102 on: December 12, 2017, 07:00:33 PM
Fairly sure an axe would not work on a house-door. At least not fast, nor quite.
It won't be quiet, but an axe will make short work of a door. A lot of our volunteer fire fighters here carry them in there trucks.
Nate

SEND IT!

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #104 on: December 12, 2017, 07:49:13 PM
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #105 on: December 12, 2017, 07:52:54 PM

All hail the hook!

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #106 on: December 12, 2017, 07:59:50 PM
I practised it, once. I was in a bathroom and the latch didn´t work. The owner of the door, on the outside, told me to kick it open, and I did. Never having done such a thing before, the first kick failed. But on the second, the door opened.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #107 on: December 12, 2017, 08:01:58 PM
Just carry some civilian C4.  All local hardware stores carry that right?

I wonder if a sledgehammer would work on a steel door.  I think for steel its best to use a car jack and push the door frame apart.  Thats quiet but not too stealthy.
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #108 on: December 12, 2017, 08:13:27 PM
I prefer to enter through windows, leaping from the wing of my VTOL stealth combat wing, then gliding in with my glider cape. Less chance of booby trap, and I can use the HUD in my cowl to target the baddies before entry, giving my optimal target selection for my winged rodent shaped shuriken.

What I'm saying here is that I'M BATMAN!

Or delusional. Probably delusional.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #109 on: December 12, 2017, 10:01:40 PM
It won't be quiet, but an axe will make short work of a door. A lot of our volunteer fire fighters here carry them in there trucks.
Doors here are about 6cm thick, layered wood with a steel inlay (and that is a cheap house door, the one at my parents is 10cm)... sure, an axe will get through eventually, but it won't be short work.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #110 on: December 12, 2017, 10:16:22 PM
Doors here are about 6cm thick, layered wood with a steel inlay (and that is a cheap house door, the one at my parents is 10cm)... sure, an axe will get through eventually, but it won't be short work.
Dang, you guys are really prepared for resisting an invasion by a foreign country aren't you?  :o

All hail the hook!

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #111 on: December 12, 2017, 10:20:55 PM
Dang, you guys are really prepared for resisting an invasion by a foreign country aren't you?  :o
In our kitchen they broke through the outer wall to add an extension... as you can see, the wall is roughly 4 spirits thick (bricks, insulation and another layer of bricks).

We take "My home is my castle" pretty litteral :D

P.S.: we rate our doors in "how many minutes they can withstand assault with power tools" :D :D
wall.jpg
* wall.jpg (Filesize: 145.97 KB)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:23:18 PM by Etherealicer »

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #112 on: December 12, 2017, 10:41:27 PM
I live in the wrong country...

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #113 on: December 12, 2017, 11:46:39 PM
So your doors are like ours and they get through them in no time. But I think this has more to do with where to hit the door. I am guessing around the locks and knobs. I watched them practice through steels door and was surprised how fast they can get through. But most criminals don't have..........
Smurf it , I am done with this thread....I said that to myself when I warned WO....whatever it his name is.
 :facepalm:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:53:34 PM by ducttapetech »
Nate

SEND IT!

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #114 on: December 13, 2017, 08:40:05 AM
In our kitchen they broke through the outer wall to add an extension... as you can see, the wall is roughly 4 spirits thick (bricks, insulation and another layer of bricks).

We take "My home is my castle" pretty litteral :D

P.S.: we rate our doors in "how many minutes they can withstand assault with power tools" :D :D

Front doors here are also very tough. Metal with 4 way bars giving a total of 10 bars locking into all 4 sides when the door is locked and the keys are way beyond the type that any casual picks could deal with. That's standard across the country, we don't even think about it any more. Windows are also usually barred.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #115 on: December 13, 2017, 09:29:47 AM

I´m glad we don´t need walls and doors like these.

PS the OP seems to have gone into lurker mode. His  presence was detected again yesterday but he´s not posting .

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #116 on: December 13, 2017, 09:55:08 AM

I´m glad we don´t need walls and doors like these.
Considering the width of some houses in NL, walls like this would take away 80% of the living space :D

We mostly have no barren windows. The reason for this construction is stability and insulation.

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #117 on: December 13, 2017, 10:07:53 AM
The Schietspijp, smallest house in my home town, in between the City Hall (left) and Hudson Bay (until recently Vroom & Dreesmann).
schietspijp.jpg
* schietspijp.jpg (Filesize: 100.89 KB)

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #118 on: December 13, 2017, 10:47:37 AM
The Schietspijp, smallest house in my home town, in between the City Hall (left) and Hudson Bay (until recently Vroom & Dreesmann).
That is sooo cute... and thanks to the big buildings next to it, it even stands straight :rofl:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #119 on: December 13, 2017, 11:30:15 AM
even if it took you just wo mins to get through a heavy door I guess the (evildoing) neighbors would be alarmed and either run away through the windows, call for backup or just go and grab their weapons and attack you (who would be quite exhausted by that time) as soon as you entered the place.

I mean, it's all odds against you.  :pok:
They know their place better, they can hide or surprise-attack you, you're making a mess and so much noise to enter (and getting tired), they've got windows and possibly a back door... :facepalm:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%