Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Spirit XBS without CC

us Offline twiliter

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • motionless wheel, nothing is real
Re: Victorinox Spirit XBS without CC
Reply #60 on: December 18, 2017, 05:22:21 PM
Microfibre cloth...
That's all

And my Spirit S nor RT have those peening circles...

Pretty sure my S didn't have it either, but Mrynnr has that one now.  :)

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #61 on: December 18, 2017, 05:42:02 PM
Microfibre cloth...
That's all

And my Spirit S nor RT have those peening circles...

Pretty sure my S didn't have it either, but Mrynnr has that one now.  :)
She also has Eth's other RT :D

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #62 on: December 18, 2017, 05:44:06 PM
The only info I have is that these are numbered 3.0224.3CNUS2 and 046928 119622 on the boxes.  And when I ordered Spirit XBS's, this is what I got.  TBH, I didn't even notice the difference until Etherealicer pointed it out to me.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #63 on: December 18, 2017, 06:48:40 PM
Thanks Def, that is interesting because the Vic website has part number 3.0224.3CN, so we know now that the US2 suffix is the one without the cap crimper, and a separate model.

https://www.victorinox.com/us/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/SwissTools/SwissTool-Spirit-XBS/p/3.0224.3CN

Edit: Just did a little surfing and saw the 3.0224.3CNUS2 on a few different sites with all the photos showing the cap crimper too, but they were all stock photos from what I could tell, so this may not be an accurate identifier.  :ahhh 

:facepalm:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:31:07 PM by twiliter »

us Offline twiliter

Reply #64 on: December 18, 2017, 06:53:49 PM
I have to thank E Man for pointing it out too, I have been wanting a blackout Spirit without the crimper and with scissors for a long time. For me, this is the best thing since the Pioneer X.  :D

us Offline twiliter

Reply #65 on: December 20, 2017, 12:32:19 PM
This just in...  :woohoo:

It's perfect.  :D

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #66 on: December 20, 2017, 12:39:00 PM
 :drool:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return

us Offline twiliter

Reply #68 on: December 20, 2017, 12:55:19 PM
And then there were 4, my Spirit collection is now complete.  :dd:

(until they make one with a factory clip  :ahhh)

The XBS is really nice, I will be :drool: a lot for a while!  :)

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #69 on: December 20, 2017, 02:07:51 PM
Great collection.  :clap:

us Offline twiliter

Reply #70 on: December 20, 2017, 02:52:33 PM
Thanks Nix!  :cheers:

nl Offline EMZ

Reply #71 on: December 20, 2017, 05:53:27 PM
Believe it or not, some people like Cap Crimpers, and even use them! This year I sold most of my CC collection on the Ebay. But I kept my SwissTool with CC (same model as the French Felin type).
I made a picture of using the SwissTool CC on a dummy-detcord end cap.
PC204657.JPG
* PC204657.JPG (Filesize: 190.39 KB)
PC204663.JPG
* PC204663.JPG (Filesize: 204.51 KB)
PC204666.JPG
* PC204666.JPG (Filesize: 243.23 KB)

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #72 on: December 20, 2017, 06:09:15 PM
Believe it or not, some people like Cap Crimpers, and even use them! This year I sold most of my CC collection on the Ebay. But I kept my SwissTool with CC (same model as the French Felin type).

well can't say the CC are for everybody,
but can't say they're for nobody other!   :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #73 on: December 20, 2017, 06:21:16 PM

well can't say the CC are for everybody,
but can't say they're for nobody other!   :salute:
Exactly that. I think people who don't need/use CC prefer pliers without, because of the added gripping area and CC make the pliers-head weaker.
So, its great to have both.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #74 on: December 20, 2017, 07:38:00 PM
I'm sure the CC has a purpose, I just don't think 99.9% (or more) of us actually need one, therefore I think the production of them across the board is extremely disproportionate to the amount of people who legitimately find them useful.

The black finish, however, makes sense to me for a few reasons, it's an added layer of protection, it actually does make the tool more grippy, and if you have ever used a highly polished SwissTool in direct sunlight, then you may have noticed that sometimes you have to keep it at a weird angle to keep the sun out of your eyes!  :D

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #75 on: December 20, 2017, 09:22:24 PM
I like the cc on my charge tti. It makes a grip and pull type deal much easier on anything from wire to stuck zippers.

us Offline twiliter

Reply #76 on: December 20, 2017, 11:31:20 PM
I actually like the Charge pliers quite a bit, but I did shorten them to be more like the Spirit, and they open wider, and have bigger cutters than the Spirit, so LM has a bit of an edge with the pliers IMO, but I'm sure I wouldn't like them any better with the CC. Good to find uses for the CC if you have one I suppose, but as always YMMV.  :cheers:

au Offline floppy

Reply #77 on: November 07, 2018, 12:13:13 PM
I'm reviving an old thread here but I have a bit more information to add. I have been investigating these XBS beauties, trying to find out about the crimperless version (and most importantly, how to get my paws on one).

The only info I have is that these are numbered 3.0224.3CNUS2 and 046928 119622 on the boxes.  And when I ordered Spirit XBS's, this is what I got.  TBH, I didn't even notice the difference until Etherealicer pointed it out to me.

Def

Thanks Def, that is interesting because the Vic website has part number 3.0224.3CN, so we know now that the US2 suffix is the one without the cap crimper, and a separate model.

https://www.victorinox.com/us/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/SwissTools/SwissTool-Spirit-XBS/p/3.0224.3CN

Edit: Just did a little surfing and saw the 3.0224.3CNUS2 on a few different sites with all the photos showing the cap crimper too, but they were all stock photos from what I could tell, so this may not be an accurate identifier.  :ahhh 

:facepalm:

The US2 suffix in the part number just denotes that the XBS being sold in the US market. I contacted quite a few US stores which stock the Spirit XBS with part no. 3.0224.3CNUS2 and asked them to physically check whether their Spirit XBS's have CC or not - all did have the CC. They also had the same Universal Product Code on the boxes (046928119622) as the ones given in the December Donation Drawer in this thread.

I contacted Victorinox and asked them about the CC-less version (and directed them to the photos at the beginning of this thread). This was their response:

"Unfortunately, our burnished Swisstools are only available with the cap crimper function at the moment.

It is correct though, that Victorinox has produced a few without it, however these have been specially produced for military services upon their request and are not available for the general public.

We will forward your feedback to our product development team in Switzerland. We do hope that there will be a model without cap crimpers available for general public in the future."

So those who managed to get one are very lucky! Now, who wants to get rid of theirs?  :drool:   :)

« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 12:56:23 PM by floppy »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD