Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Penlights

bg Offline N_N_R

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Penlights
Reply #60 on: January 26, 2018, 07:38:50 AM
Well,, I did order one Lumintop IYP 365 yesterday  :like: :like: It's really inexpensive compared to other lights. About $20 with the shipping. I hope the cheap shipping doesn't mean cheap service and I get it, lol.

I read some people had problems with the switch ... but the switch of the way more expensive Preon P2 gave me trouble and stopped working, too, so ... However, if the Lumintop Tools can speak for the whole group of Lumintop flashlights, then the penlight too must be an awesome light :D

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: January 26, 2018, 04:16:53 PM
To any of you that aren't broke  :D, there is the standard IYP365  in anodized Al, but there is also the brass and titanium versions of this light!  :ahhh

Well,, I did order one Lumintop IYP 365 yesterday  :like: :like: It's really inexpensive compared to other lights. About $20 with the shipping. I hope the cheap shipping doesn't mean cheap service and I get it, lol.

I read some people had problems with the switch ... but the switch of the way more expensive Preon P2 gave me trouble and stopped working, too, so ... However, if the Lumintop Tools can speak for the whole group of Lumintop flashlights, then the penlight too must be an awesome light :D

I won't pretend is my most used light but I didn't had any problems with it. And btw, right around the time you were talking about the copper tool (I believe it was you) I had my fingers itching to get one too, but than I came to my good sense and though I didn't needed it, it's heavier and more expensive. That is until I saw it on sale and ended up buying it... :facepalm:

bg Offline N_N_R

Reply #62 on: January 26, 2018, 08:36:28 PM
@WWW, you're showing some extraordinary  memory, lol :D :D :D

So how are you liking the copper tool  :rofl: :rofl:

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #63 on: January 26, 2018, 10:29:17 PM
@WWW, you're showing some extraordinary  memory, lol :D :D :D

So how are you liking the copper tool  :rofl: :rofl:

More than I would like to admit!!  :whistle:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #64 on: January 29, 2018, 11:35:32 AM
The most up to date penlight I have is this Tank007 PA02.  Not a bad light TBH but the UI takes a bit of getting used too.

2014-07-15 22.52.54.1.JPG
* 2014-07-15 22.52.54.1.JPG (Filesize: 139.56 KB)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: January 30, 2018, 01:19:44 AM
For a while I considered some of these Tank007 penlights, there are/were two variants and the prices were what I could afford back in the day. Never ended up getting them, not sure if I want to now that there are many good options at really good price. Thorfire is a nice budget light from what I gather.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #66 on: January 30, 2018, 11:23:06 AM
I got this a while ago and, if I perfectly honest, I've never used it much. :-[  I don't remember it being particularly pricey, though I suspect I got it in a sale.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #67 on: January 30, 2018, 11:31:00 AM
I had one of the streamlight styli, I thought it would be useful, however I never found a use for it. I ended up giving to my son and it suits his small hands perfectly
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: January 30, 2018, 01:43:44 PM
My only problem with penlights is that it is a bit difficult to hold them in the motuh.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #69 on: January 30, 2018, 01:48:09 PM
My only problem with penlights is that it is a bit difficult to hold them in the motuh.

Wrap the end in duct tape  :tu:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #70 on: January 31, 2018, 11:28:05 AM

Wrap the end in duct tape  :tu:
Considering I just lost my 5.11 I was planning on adding some rubber tube at the back (below the pocket clip). That should improve pocket retention and possibly solve your problem too.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #71 on: January 31, 2018, 11:34:26 AM
Great suggestions guys. I believe there was a stylus pro like light that came with some kind of rubberized grip from factory. I still have a spare silicone sleeve that came with the Lumintop Worm, I'll give that a go.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%