Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pill Case Emergency Kit.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Pill Case Emergency Kit.
on: December 14, 2017, 06:11:59 AM
This past summer, I came across 3 waterproof metal pill cases that were large enough for something more than pills. I bought all 3 of them with the idea of making a light easy to pack emergency kit. I just got around to making 2 of them.

When I wrote the note, I had forgotten a few items...such as the 2 zip ties which I penned after taking the lower photo. I also forgot about the Alcohol prep pad that I wrapped everything in.

This make a very nice little emergency kit. There is still room in there for some other small items if needed. I am just not sure what exactly that might be as of yet...but I am sure I will come up with something.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:15:46 AM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Re: Pill Case Emergency Kit.
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 06:29:37 AM
My vote, if it matters, is pack any extra space with cotton balls with a little parafin wax on them. Or 'Ranger band' slices of intertube. Something that acts as great fire tinder.

That size kit sorta reminds me of the mini survival kits inside the handles of the 80s Rambo knives. I always sort of wondered how useful those could be if really workshopped.

EDIT to add: maybe also replace a match with a really small ferro rod.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:31:55 AM by Lynn LeFey »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 06:34:52 AM
A bit larger than those found in handles...I have quite a few of those oddly enough.

Good ideas. I was also thinking maybe a small button compass, but I do not have any of those on hand at the moment. maybe a single piece of candy or bubble gum.  :think:

I folded that piece of paper and placed it in the kit after taking the photo. I figure it could help being tinder.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 07:01:46 AM
Maybe a small piece of earplug (like a small flat disc) and small magnet. Use the magnet to magnetize the needle, and the piece of earplug to float the needle for a water compass, bonus, the earplug also can be used as bobber for fishing.

Also, fyi, those alcohol prep pads are VERY likely to spring a leak and dry up if you bend them. In fact, they are likely to dry up even if you DON'T bend them.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:03:26 AM by Lynn LeFey »

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 08:24:10 AM
Has anyone here read Papillon? These remind me of something many of the convicts wore... :pok:

Neat little kit though.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:25:29 AM by Syncop8r »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24