Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Nitecore TINI

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Nitecore TINI
on: December 15, 2017, 01:08:08 AM

Mecarmy SGN5 TIP, Nitecore TIP, Olight I3E Eos, Vic Classic, Nitecore TINI

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Re: Nitecore TINI
Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 07:14:33 AM
I'll post some more pics/specs and mini review after I've played with it for a few days, but so far its pretty nice.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 09:00:25 AM

Looking forward to your thoughts  :salute:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 09:31:00 AM
I fell in love with the TUBE years ago, acquired most color variations and gifted lots of them to family and friends.
Then I tried the TIP and also loved it, solving most of the problems its predecessor had.  ::)

In fact, I'm carrying the TIP this whole Winter each day, and I'm absolutely happy with it.
The TINI might be the next big hit? I am excited about it.

Looking forward to your thoughts on it with much interest!!!  :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 01:05:38 PM
OK, I know the name is a clue, but until that pic of it next to a Classic I hadn't realised just how tiny it really is.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts mate.  :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 05:38:41 PM
this thread is just missing the quintessential, back to basics TUBE!

micra-sized
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 10:57:20 PM
 :facepalm: Forgot the tube

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 11:03:27 PM

I'll get some beam shots posted next along with review, but manual sums up the UI pretty good.

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 02:00:59 AM
For starters this light outclasses pretty much everything in the key light category, Nitecore has hit a home run with this offering. I have so many AAA lights but this one is in a league of its own(ok thats enough with the baseball analogies  :rofl: ) Now I have to look at the plano case of key lights and figure out how to use them, less they become a box of shelf queens.

It somehow manages to give 20 more lumens then the tip, although it appears equally bright, but I suppose that's due to the bead optic and greater flood ability.(beamshots later) It retains a similar UI as the tip, but loses the lockout function from the 2016 version. It's replaced by a 1-2 second delay when turning on, but you can get instant light and turbo from holding down mode switch from off or from on. Also it has a demo mode that shuts the light after 30 seconds to further prevent accidental/pocket carry turn on/battery drain. This mode is switched off by holding both buttons while the light is off, and switched back on the same way.

Battery indicator illuminates the buttons when you hit mode switch while off. There is a pre-installed split ring on the tail, but its kinda too small to get apart to attach it to something, smaller then the Vic classic split ring and that ones a pain to deal with. so I removed the larger split ring from the included gate clip and installed that on the tiny ring with a swivel lobster clasp.

I havent used it too much yet, so cant report on battery life, but it should be a bit less then the tip. It only weighs about 2 grams more then the Nitecore tube, and blows it out of the water output wise, although it doesn't have the cool tube ramping feature.

The silver bezel and midsection spacer are not actually metal, but a chrome plated plastic(thats probably not electroplated cause its not metal, most likely a paint of some sort) The 2 switch buttons and torx screws are metal as well as the annodized body. I'm assuming its gonna get pretty scratched up on keyring duty.

It came fully charged, haven't had to charge it yet. It has a decent rubber micro usb port cover that seems to be well seated and should stay in place(unlike the junk one on my nitecore mh10 that pops open just from staring at it and makes me hate the light  >:( )

Overall, this is the most impressive key light I have come across due to its size/output ratio and very cool looks. I'd say if its not kept on the keyring or a lanyard it might get lost quite easily, and battery longevity is TBD, but I'm very happy with this purchase(especially given that it was pretty much free for me with giftcard I had won  :salute: ) Will get some beamshots up later. The wow factor this thing has makes you wonder if Nitecore has reverse engineered some alien tech or have a little green man on their payroll  :rofl:

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 02:14:16 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 12:41:36 PM
Thanks for the thoughts mate. :cheers:  I guess I need to add one to my wish list then.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 03:58:43 PM
nice to hear how good it is.
I appreciate your thoughts on it and may add one to my "Christmas list" even though I'm very happy with my TIP   :tu:
Carrying it today as usual

Have a nice weekend!
My toys:

us Offline Joe58

Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 09:29:54 PM
Dang you guy anyway! :rant:

I’d been successful in my resistance to the micro-usb charged lites, sticking with my drawer full of 1xaaa lights on a Minichamp.

Then I foolishly read this thread which prompted me to look at the Tini a bit more. Read the company propaganda page. There I noticed the Tip as well. And I thought the Tip in jet black SS looked pretty cool.

Now I have both of them ordered......sigh. I’m weak.
 :facepalm:
🇨🇭

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 10:32:30 PM

I’d been successful in my resistance to the micro-usb charged lites, sticking with my drawer full of 1xaaa lights on a Minichamp.

Then I foolishly read this thread which prompted me to look at the Tini a bit more. Read the company propaganda page. There I noticed the Tip as well. And I thought the Tip in jet black SS looked pretty cool.

:rofl:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 08:40:39 AM

All I can say is that you will love both of these lights, and if you want to keep/love money never log onto this website again  :rofl:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 09:41:28 AM
I took some beamshots but must be too close to the wall, even tube looks as bright as the tip/tini, I gotta figure out best distance that works with phone camera, or I can just take a group pic with all lights on highest setting, but its a little tricky cause you have to hold down tini button, the other lights in the earlier post dont need to,
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:58:04 AM by Blackbeard »

us Offline Joe58

Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 03:50:54 PM
Just a question in charging these type of lights. Are you guys waiting till they go dead completely to recharge? Just recharge now and then when you think of it, or?

Do they give a warning when they’re about to die?
🇨🇭

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 04:24:56 PM
Good to hear you are liking it Blackbeard, Nitecore is indeed surprising us with this category of keychain lights.

Just a question in charging these type of lights. Are you guys waiting till they go dead completely to recharge? Just recharge now and then when you think of it, or?

Do they give a warning when they’re about to die?

I only have the Tube and I don't use it that often, I keep it everywhere and use in the advent that I'm out of lights in my person. I usually am able to notice a drop in brightness and when it is significant I charge it.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 04:43:16 PM

Now I have both of them ordered......sigh. I’m weak a MTo member.

FTFY.

:salute: :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline BCNZ

Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 12:30:15 AM
Thanks to this thread I am now the owner of this:

It is really small and weighs nothing.  Very bright as well.  Am impressed.  Some size comparison pics:

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 10:59:06 AM
The battery life is better then I expected, only had to charge it twice since I got it. Put it on a neck lanyard and use it in demo mode with the 30 second shut off, very handy when doing late night short tasks
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 11:01:06 AM by Blackbeard »

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 12:02:51 PM
Good stuff BCNZ.  :cheers:

ca Offline BCNZ

Reply #21 on: February 03, 2018, 02:25:07 AM
Cheers Gareth!

ca Offline BCNZ

Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 12:23:23 AM
Have had the Tini on my keychain for a couple of weeks.  The anodizing is holding up well.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%