Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I've drank the coolaid

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Re: I've drank the coolaid
Reply #30 on: December 24, 2017, 02:57:02 PM
Never mind about the 84mm climber small unless you actually want one, it's rare and out of production.
All "Climbers'" for practical purposes are 91mm.  :tu:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Tarheelpwr

Reply #31 on: December 26, 2017, 06:18:55 PM
Found an interesting pocket clip idea:

https://www.amazon.com/ClipDraw-SA-B-Clipdraw-Black/dp/B00T19NYDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514308629&sr=8-1&keywords=clipdraw+universal

Not sure if it will allow the MT to sit low enough in the pocket, but I MAY try one out once I figure out my Wave mods.

us Offline Tarheelpwr

Reply #32 on: December 27, 2017, 02:05:42 AM
Are there any guides on identifying counterfeit Wave?  I picked up a BO Wave for a steal. But I'm suspwct

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #33 on: January 02, 2018, 12:11:13 PM
Are there any guides on identifying counterfeit Wave?  I picked up a BO Wave for a steal. But I'm suspwct

Got any pics of it :think: Most are real if they say Wave as it seems the fakes don't seem to take the time to be stamped but I would love to see a pic of this just to be sure :salute:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: January 02, 2018, 12:14:32 PM
Found an interesting pocket clip idea:

https://www.amazon.com/ClipDraw-SA-B-Clipdraw-Black/dp/B00T19NYDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514308629&sr=8-1&keywords=clipdraw+universal

Not sure if it will allow the MT to sit low enough in the pocket, but I MAY try one out once I figure out my Wave mods.

Not seen that one :think: Seems a bit high but has to be tough to be a gun clip :ahhh :like: If you get one let us know :salute: :like:

us Offline Tarheelpwr

Reply #35 on: January 02, 2018, 05:13:34 PM
Never mind the counterfeit. The auction was pulled.

I'll let you know on the clip. I'm probably sending an extra Spyderco and Skeletool clip I have to Breezy to get his thought on attaching one to my project. I'll likely just end up with the standard Wave detachable clip.

us Offline Tarheelpwr

Reply #36 on: January 04, 2018, 05:27:39 AM
Can a rebar file be made to work inside a Wave without losing too much of the fuel to be worthwhile still?

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: January 04, 2018, 10:04:15 AM
Going by recollection only right now (my Waves and Rebars are at home today), putting a Rebar file into a Wave should be possible... you'd have to enlarge the hole from its normal 4.8 mm to 5.5 mm. You'd probably have to also drill it out off-axis, i.e. move the hole axis towards the tip of the file blade, in order to have sufficient metal at the base for creating the locking surface that complements the Wave liner lock, however given the base curvature that surface may (still) end up a bit limited. Also, given the shape/reduced length of the Rebar file it might be difficult to create a reachable nail nick at its end, and the available nail hole will probably be of little use (it would sit too deep inside the outer Wave file slot), unless you can fashion a bent thin plate-like thingy that hooks into the hole and can be reached from the outside (but might impair the filing function), or cut into the Wave slot's outer cover.
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: January 05, 2018, 01:32:04 PM
Confirmed my recollection. The good news is that the locking surface should not pose an insurmountable problem. The bad news is you'll have trouble (or to devise a workaround for) reaching the Rebar file when it's retracted...

Pics below are foreshortened due to closeness of objective, but show the general idea.

Edit: some people prefer going the other way around... Wave file in a Rebar.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:29:23 PM by Dutch_Tooler »
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Tarheelpwr

Reply #39 on: January 05, 2018, 02:40:26 PM
Cownfirmed my recollection. The good news is that the locking surface should not pose an insurmountable problem. The bad news is you'll have trouble (or to devise a workaround for) reaching the Rebar file when it's retracted...

Pics below are foreshortened due to closeness of objective, but show the general idea.

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks for the info. Sorry, I was not clear. I would not be swapping it directly for the diamond file - I agree the Wave file is superior.  I'm swapping Vic scissors in the file spot. I was exploring the option of getting a Rebar file inside the handles.  I don't think it is worth the effort though. I'm better off just carrying the old wave file in a pouch.

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: January 05, 2018, 03:37:56 PM
I was exploring the option of getting a Rebar file inside the handles.  I don't think it is worth the effort though. I'm better off just carrying the old wave file in a pouch.
OK, that way around...
The Rebar file won't fit inside the Wave handles as such, not without shortening and reprofiling its business end considerably. The pliers head takes all the width and you'd have to adapt the file to clear that - not sure how much would remain... as you say, probably not worth it.
However, attaching the file to a handle would be ergonomically beneficial. Have you considered profiling a lanyard/belt clip type attachment into the file?
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Tarheelpwr

Reply #41 on: January 05, 2018, 04:20:21 PM
I've toyed with that idea. Still on the fence. I think I'm leaning more towards just omitting the file on hecwavw at this point. The intended AO for this tool will likely leave me with a file relatively near.

I'll carry my Surge if I won't have access to other tools.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #42 on: January 05, 2018, 06:54:28 PM
Confirmed my recollection. The good news is that the locking surface should not pose an insurmountable problem. The bad news is you'll have trouble (or to devise a workaround for) reaching the Rebar file when it's retracted...

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

General Idea!

:salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: January 07, 2018, 02:41:27 PM
I've toyed with that idea. Still on the fence. I think I'm leaning more towards just omitting the file on hecwavw at this point. The intended AO for this tool will likely leave me with a file relatively near.

I'll carry my Surge if I won't have access to other tools.

Food for thought? Wave file externalised, see this link.
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Tarheelpwr

Reply #44 on: January 07, 2018, 03:21:32 PM
Thanks DT.  I've been talking to Breezy, and that mod inspired something I want to try with the lanyard loop.

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: January 07, 2018, 03:32:28 PM
Thanks DT.  I've been talking to Breezy, and that mod inspired something I want to try with the lanyard loop.
:hatsoff:
Intriguing... the hidden, extendible lanyard loop or the click-on one?
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Tarheelpwr

Reply #46 on: January 07, 2018, 08:53:55 PM
Removable, clip on.

us Offline El Corkscrew

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #47 on: January 08, 2018, 01:00:44 AM
 :tu: :like:
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.” - Mark Twain

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%