Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

For Sale pre-datestamp Leatherman PST 'New In Box', CONUS, PAYPAL

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
One Leatherman PST in 'New In Box' condition. Asking $60 via Paypal, shipped CONUS.

I found this Leatherman PST at a gun and knife show. It is too perfect not to be in the hands of a real collector, or at least lover of this tool.

The condition of the tool is, as far as I can tell, new in box. Same with the sheath. Box and user's guide included.

The box is not absolutely perfect, but the wear is very minor, and there seems to be no fading. One tab is crumpled slightly, but it's a part that is on the inside of the box.

There seems to be slight scuffing on the Sheath on the inside from the tool being stuck in, shown in photo. Otherwise, there is no rotting/cracking in the leather, and the brass fittings are like new.

I have personally never seen a PST in better condition. It seems to be late 80's/early 90's model, from what I'm seeing on the PST Chronology thread. Ruler has English and metric. Both handles are stamped with 'Leatherman Tool' and 'Portland OR', and has a lanyard attachment, but no 'Registered Trademark' or 'U.S. Patent' stamps. The box is marked '1994'.

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: For Sale pre-datestamp Leatherman PST 'New In Box', CONUS, PAYPAL
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 11:34:14 PM
Very nice example of a PST you have there Lynn :like: :like:

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 06:07:52 AM
Thanks, Poncho. The pictures don't even do it justice. It is pristine.

It's also now sold, pending payment. If someone wants to jump in as back-up, that's okay.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 07:31:33 AM
Yikes!

This topic is like a soap opera...6 weeks of nothing really happening, then you blink and missed two great items for sale in one day

Very nice specimen PST there, Lynn. Congrats on the quick sale.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 02:40:39 AM
ThundahBeagle, Sorry you missed out on this. I saw your post in another thread saying how you liked the pre-datestamp PST.

And... man, I'm not taunting but that PST shown above is just perfect. The blade has a polish I've just never seen on a Leatherman before. Now i might have to stare lovingly at it until I ship it out. :D

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 04:27:36 AM
Congrats on the quick sale Lynn :tu:

Offline multiprim

Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 07:24:45 AM
...And... man, I'm not taunting but that PST shown above is just perfect. The blade has a polish I've just never seen on a Leatherman before. Now i might have to stare lovingly at it until I ship it out. :D

Masterfully rubbed in.  ;)

ru Offline wowaboro

Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 04:22:09 PM
...It seems to be late 80's/early 90's model, from what I'm seeing on the PST Chronology thread. Ruler has English and metric. Both handles are stamped with 'Leatherman Tool' and 'Portland OR', and has a lanyard attachment, but no 'Registered Trademark' or 'U.S. Patent' stamps. The box is marked '1994'.

It's not pre-datestamp Leatherman PST.
This item have date stamps inside handles and was produced during period from 0296 to 0696 (or maybe to 0298, on your picture it's not clearly visible). 
Just check it once again, see picture of PST date codes for sample :salute:

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 07:12:25 AM
ThundahBeagle, Sorry you missed out on this. I saw your post in another thread saying how you liked the pre-datestamp PST.

And... man, I'm not taunting but that PST shown above is just perfect. The blade has a polish I've just never seen on a Leatherman before. Now i might have to stare lovingly at it until I ship it out. :D

LynnLeFey,

Thanks for thinking of me, but of course, no worries. Business is business. Good find, and if you got your price you did well, and so did the buyer.

I don't know how many of these old school Leatherman PST types you have handled, but all of my old school Leathermans have that polish.  My two PST' s, my PST II, both of my Original Generation Super Tools and my Micra all have that high luster polished shine. "The glint of steel" as it were. That was THE finish of the time. Black Oxide was available, but was much less prevalent.

They are a more elegant multi tool, from a more civilized time. But seriously, they are from a time before the brushed or bead blasted finishes of the Surge and Rebar. Even something like the Blast shines not quite as bright, because although the handles and plyer head of the Blast are polished, the blade and inside tools are not.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 08:18:11 AM
This item have date stamps inside handles and was produced during period from 0296 to 0696 (or maybe to 0298, on your picture it's not clearly visible). 

I was going to get all indignant. "Do you think I'm a blind idiot?" But, turns out, I AM a blind idiot. I had to use a bright flashlight and turn the tool JUUUUUUST right to see the datestamps, but they were there. 96 was the year.

The good news is, the buyer didn't care, and all is good.

ThundahBeagle... I've owned 3 PSTs. Two of them were... eh... 'bargain price' on ebay. So if they ever had that gorgeous shine, I never got to see it. And as the PSTII I still have is the same 96 year stamp as the PST I sold here, it probably DID at one time.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 08:05:03 PM
Um, guys? I think the year showing in that photo is 1995

ru Offline wowaboro

Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 10:02:27 PM

Again, carefully read my post   ;)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 10:07:35 PM by wowaboro »

us Online Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 04:49:23 AM

That is one of wow's PST ;) Lynn didn't put a pic of her's up with datecode :D

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 24, 2017, 01:12:46 AM
I've never seen a PST in such condition. That is a mint example right there.  :drool:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD