Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Who’s a military jacket junky?

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
on: December 17, 2017, 02:50:30 AM
Ok, who’s a military jacket junky? More pointing to the the M65? I had one a while back and I think the wife tossed it, but a few years ago I needed something that would take the abuse and keep me warm! So I went right back to one, I had a fishtail? Inside the jacket unsnapped, dropped down, and then looped around your legs then snapped together to keep you from getting the updraft, kinda cool but the jacket was just so lightweight. Anyway, I love the M65’s, I found a matching extreme weather hood, I had to sew in buttons in order for it to work, but hey it matched, and then last year I bought mittens, matching never the less, didn’t even have to use them till the other day when I was out snowblowing, absolutely great for that!
   Ok, so let me get to the point, the wife needed a jacket, I ended up convincing her to go with the M65 because of how warm it is! It hasn’t come in yet do to the holidays, but the hood I ordered for it has, all her stuff is OD, unlike my woodland camo, the hood she got is great, it’s got like a 4 x 3” patch of Velcro in order to keep everything tight around the neck and face, and mine only has a dinky like 1 x 2” warn out patch, so I was wondering if they ever made the artic hood in a woodland? Hers is the OG-107, and I think mine is a p-140? Idk I can give all numbers but that one she’s got looks great I’d just like it in woodland or is there any other extreme winter hoods that will work?
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

nl Offline Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!
Re: Who’s a military jacket junky?
Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 09:09:35 AM
I´m a camo jacket junky, not neccesarily military. I have four, two of them are military (one desert and one woodland).

The woodland military (not shown) is three layers, outer cotton, inner pvc, and inner fur. The inner layers are detachable. It´s a true all climate jacket.
DSC06798-camo-wear-25.jpg
* DSC06798-camo-wear-25.jpg (Filesize: 376.45 KB)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:18:39 AM by Ronald Schröder »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 06:11:42 PM
The other jacket the wife threw away had two liners, the one just the normal one, but the other was “heavy” and was like a carpet, that jacket had to weigh a good 10lbs. But fur, I’m guessing this was from an imitation military? Although the one hood they used with the fur edging they used wolverine. But that’s why I love these things, they can take the abuse, just take the liner out to use for warmer weather, use either the liner or the shell, attach the hood for extreme, or just pull the light one out off the shell, that’s why I’m trying to see if I can find the specific hood, I just love these things..
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 06:17:38 PM

... But fur, I’m guessing this was from an imitation military? ...

The jacket´s genuine, the fur is imitation. :D Something acrylic I think.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 06:18:44 PM by Ronald Schröder »

de Offline matzesu

Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 06:29:55 PM
Im not a military jacket Junky, but I have a Military Jacket I really like:
The German “Bundeswehr Parka” in NATO Olive,
It’s pretty warm, quite heavy but therefore though,
My Jacket was from 1985, so and I am 1 Year older..
I think I will make some Pictures on Thursday because then I also get my new Olight flashlight..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent)..

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 06:48:49 PM
Pics are cool, I also have another piece coming in, it’s the paints liner, normally I’ll just ware a pair of sweatpants under a pair of jeans to do anything in cold, but I fig hey, these should be warm, I just hope not to warm, kinda like the jacket liner since it’s the same, cause sometimes I’ll start seating and I’ll be drenched!
JR

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 06:51:16 PM
Im not a military jacket Junky, but I have a Military Jacket I really like:
The German “Bundeswehr Parka” in NATO Olive,
It’s pretty warm, quite heavy but therefore though,
My Jacket was from 1985, so and I am 1 Year older..
I think I will make some Pictures on Thursday because then I also get my new Olight flashlight..
+1 - had one of these for years and loved it, but it fell apart on me finally.

Had a French air force od jacket that I found for £2 and that was great for a good few years before it wore out.

Used to dress head to toe in Bundeswehr stuff; Parka, shirt, moleskin trews and boots  :D - so cheap and tough - getting hard to find now though. Especially the moleskin trews.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 07:09:17 PM
When I was a kid, M-51 (OD-107?) was into fashion. My mom bought me one when I was about 12.
I liked camo and I had a very nice hunting woodland jacket I was wearing a lot in my teens. My uncle sent it from the US (he still lives in Culpeper, Virginia). My wife gave it away, during a lifelong effort to "humanize" me :).
Now I avoid camo, because it is connected whith NeoNazi paramilitary activism here. The extreme right followers wear "urban camo" trousers and black shirts, but they ruined it. Camo in the city (unless you wear the Greek soldier uniform) looks like a political statement I would never make in my life.

de Offline matzesu

Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 07:38:24 PM
As my Bundeswehr Parka was Original from the Bundeswehr, not a cheap lookalike from Miltech or so, it’s originali got its Black Red Gold German Color Badges on it’s shoulders,
And I didn’t cut they off until I we’re the Jacket to a Rock Festival where someone spoke to me I should put they off because there too patriotic and that was not good at this time in Germany..
The Jacket is great for such a Festival because I didn’t have to take care if it’s getting muddy because it’s pretty old..

Some time after this festival, there were this new patriotic wave in Germany because the Soccer WM and EM, where stuff whit the German Collors where quite spread around the whole Country..
The peaple got banners on they’re Cars, where spezial Black Red Gold Make-up and so one..
but I removed the Badges long bevor..
But my Dads Bundeswehr Parker still have these..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent)..

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 08:16:55 PM
My ´fur´ lined military jacket has a Dutch flag on the sleeve.
I´ll have pics on Wednesday (I´m waiting for a daylight opportunity).

nz Offline moonweasel

Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 09:30:20 AM
Yeah, maybe.

I have some US stuff somewhere too

si Offline lister

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 09:58:33 AM
No camo for me, I am lost most of the time as is, no point in making myself even harder to find!  :ahhh
There is no magic therefore gadgets!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 04:58:26 PM
The wife’s jacket should be coming in sometime this week, I can’t wait to see how her hood buttons in, well that and see how it looks over all. Cause the way this hood Velcro’s in the front is just so much better then the one I have, I just can’t find it in camo. Of course the more I look online she keeps giving me dirty looks and says your not getting another hood, yet she said the same thing about the bracelets and MTO patch that’s on it’s way :whistle:
JR
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 05:18:18 PM by MadPlumbarian »

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 05:16:01 PM
Heres a look at the diff between the two hoods and how they close, of course I had to use my little buddy, lol.. and in the other pic you can see how you can see straight through to the couch, yeah I kinda made it fit and it doesn’t really bother me but still, how come I can’t find the other one in camo?
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 06:26:03 PM
Paint liners came in, must say very soft, lol. Of course the day they came in it’s freaking 45deg out, yesterday the kids sled came in and today there’s no snow, lol.. but I tried them on and walked around the house to see how they are and they were warm! A little tricky to start to get down the paint leg since there a little baggy but once you start to get them going you can just pull from the bottom. And once all ready to go feels just like the jacket sleeve around your arm, just your leg. Now I’ll have to wait till the temp drops low enough to really try them out, but I like them..
JR

de Offline matzesu

Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 09:16:28 PM
My Dad brought today 2 New Bundeswehr Parka, but there are from Miltech, not from the original Army Suplier, but whit the German Sign and the Warehouse Number,
There are a bit thinner than the Original Bundeswehr Parka, but therefore a lot Cleaner than my old one, and it’s a bit unusual for me that there isn’t any Hay in the Pockets..

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 12:40:05 AM
Looks good matzesu..
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 05:09:06 AM
Put those pants liners to use today, must say pretty good! Had them on under a simple pair of blue jeans with a pair of work boots, and the weather was nasty, it was saying 20deg F, yet that wasn’t the bad part they said earlier 20mph winds but I don’t think so, there was one hit I turned around to put my back to it and almost lost the shovel! After I was out for about 30min I came in all nice and warm, and checked the weather again and it said with wind gusts up to 35mph and windchill of up to 0deg, I said yeah that was more like it! I must say I like them, work for me..
JR

de Offline matzesu

Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 04:18:53 PM
Pant liners are the military Version of „Long underpants „??
Ditnt found the time yet to try the Parka outside, I hope to get some Snow the next days so I can wear it whyle I shovel snow..

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 07:20:22 PM
Pant liners are the military Version of „Long underpants „??
Ditnt found the time yet to try the Parka outside, I hope to get some Snow the next days so I can wear it whyle I shovel snow..
Yeah, there’s two sizes short and long, I fig because some tie off above the boot? But I tried them again today, it snowed a little again and it’s only 5deg F, out with a slight breeze, I must say it was cold out but I was very warm! I was out for a good 30min, only thing was from shoveling since I had a back brace on my shirt was soaked!
JR

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: December 26, 2017, 07:43:38 PM
I wouldn't say I'm a junkie but I've worn various combat jackets over the years  :tu:
2017-09-10 08.03.33_crop_592x782.jpg
* 2017-09-10 08.03.33_crop_592x782.jpg (Filesize: 324.81 KB)
2017-09-10 08.03.49_crop_450x639.jpg
* 2017-09-10 08.03.49_crop_450x639.jpg (Filesize: 183.33 KB)

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #21 on: December 26, 2017, 08:22:42 PM
Nice :tu:
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #22 on: December 26, 2017, 10:38:33 PM
The Mrs jacket came in today, great for the weather we’re in too, but I don’t think we’re going to be going anywhere, anyway I attached the hood and had her try it on, fit nice, had to work on the hood cause it’s so big, but got it to work, I asked her how she felt and she said “um, I’m hot, I need to get it off”.. so to me that means it’s doing it’s job!
JR

Here’s a few pics,

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #23 on: December 26, 2017, 10:41:19 PM
And the Mrs all bundled up,, shh, don’t let her know, lol..
JR

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #24 on: December 27, 2017, 11:36:09 AM
I used to have heaps of stuff, genuine, mostly Canadian surplus finds. I even had a full winter tank gear (jacket/pants) and still have a vintage leather flight jacket (pretty sure it's pre ww2) in the storage room.

For a while in London I used to buy Dutch and German surplus cargo pants that had been dyed black. I like having extra pockets.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 04:04:53 PM
I used to have heaps of stuff, genuine, mostly Canadian surplus finds. I even had a full winter tank gear (jacket/pants) and still have a vintage leather flight jacket (pretty sure it's pre ww2) in the storage room.

For a while in London I used to buy Dutch and German surplus cargo pants that had been dyed black. I like having extra pockets.
Pockets are are cool, too many though, ahh, and not remembering where you put what, then you have to pat yourself down to find what it is your looking for kinda makes you look funny, lol..

Don’t get me wrong the one pair I had, had 2 pockets on the back, 2 on the front, 2 on the legs, and 1 mini, worked great for the phone, that and inside the knees had pads, worked great for the job, oh and the bottom half of the legs unzippered, so pants for in the morning when it was chilly and shorts for when it was warmer! Just never used the leg pockets..
JR

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 05:24:43 PM
With the cold snap that came thru the midwest and east those coats should do the trick.  Out here totally unneeded.  We'll be in the 70s tho for some our low of 50s at night is cold  ::)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #27 on: December 27, 2017, 05:58:20 PM
With the cold snap that came thru the midwest and east those coats should do the trick.  Out here totally unneeded.  We'll be in the 70s tho for some our low of 50s at night is cold  ::)
How nice, yeah you mean this freaking neg weather.. yeah I hope it keeps her warm, it’s done the job for me, if not she’s probably going to yell at me since it’s not purple :twak:
JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%