Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Has anyone ever modded a Juice for a locking blade?

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Has anyone ever modded a Juice for a locking blade?
on: December 18, 2017, 02:34:26 AM
Just curious.

I have a friend that I've given a Juice. She seemed to love it but accidentally folded the blade on her finger once. I've never seen anyone ever mod a Juice for a locking blade, and nothing comes to mind on how it might be accomplished, but I'm sure some enterprising person has managed it by now.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Re: Has anyone ever modded a Juice for a locking blade?
Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 05:26:04 AM
Just curious.

I have a friend that I've given a Juice. She seemed to love it but accidentally folded the blade on her finger once. I've never seen anyone ever mod a Juice for a locking blade, and nothing comes to mind on how it might be accomplished, but I'm sure some enterprising person has managed it by now.

IMO, non locking blades are rather safe. As long as you use it within it capacity. Of course I too learned it the hard way.. I had a folder closed on my finger.. The scar is still there.. So now i am fully aware of the use of it. The material on the juice blade around the pivot is simple too little to be able to do any kind of secure lock. Not much turning space on the handle frame either..

Offline gadgetman7

Re: Has anyone ever modded a Juice for a locking blade?
Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 04:38:28 PM
The only way I can think *might* work is to use a liner lock. Have to be thin and likely 420HC steel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD