Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tried and tested spyderco assist? Thoughts?

Geo · 7 · 2644

Offline Geo

Tried and tested spyderco assist? Thoughts?
on: December 18, 2017, 10:05:35 PM
Hey all,

Im wondering if the spyderco assist is worth going on my belt when I work as a medic or just as an EDC

It seems a bit pricey but I like the fact that its bulky and seems as though  it can take a beating but before investing in another tool id like to make sure that it's worth the money!

Thanks!!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Re: Tried and tested spyderco assist? Thoughts?
Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 01:55:50 PM
Hey all,

Im wondering if the spyderco assist is worth going on my belt when I work as a medic or just as an EDC

It seems a bit pricey but I like the fact that its bulky and seems as though  it can take a beating but before investing in another tool id like to make sure that it's worth the money!

Thanks!!

I don't have one but I've read extensively about it and heard many good things.
It looks like a very highly regarded tool among paramedics and rescue/assistance personnel/medics... wherever I've read and they all seem to value it a lot as a knife suited for their tasks and uses    :salute:

Being a Spyderco you can't go wrong with it   :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Offline Geo

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 04:46:38 PM
Yes most of my research has said the same.   This wilk be my first spyderco tool so I'm excited to field test

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 05:12:56 PM
Yes most of my research has said the same.   This wilk be my first spyderco tool so I'm excited to field test

Well, just give it a try. If it doesn't work as well as you want to, traded it for something else.

:tu: :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 10:00:14 PM
I have not used an assisted opening Spyderco before, but I can say that a company like Spyderco isn't going to put out a product that isn't going to work as intended.  While I have personally not handled any of their tools, I can honestly say that I would have the utmost faith in anything with the Spyderco brand on it.

And, as mentioned, if you don't like it I am sure someone here would be happy to offer you a trade on it.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 12:55:45 AM
If you have the oppurtunity, try out one of the spyderco compression lock knives (like a paramillitary 2) you can flick it open pretty much just as easily in my opinion. Ymmv

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 04:44:56 PM
I have not used an assisted opening Spyderco before, but I can say that a company like Spyderco isn't going to put out a product that isn't going to work as intended.  While I have personally not handled any of their tools, I can honestly say that I would have the utmost faith in anything with the Spyderco brand on it.

And, as mentioned, if you don't like it I am sure someone here would be happy to offer you a trade on it.

Def

I wholoheartedly agree.
They have a huge discount for military, LEOs, and rescue personnel. They have a specific design line for "SAR" (Search, Assist and Rescue) which includes the original design for the Rescue, Assist, Jumpmaster, D'Allara and Autonomy and others, as well as contracts with different rescue and emergency units all over the US, military and firemen included.  :hatsoff:

SAl Glesser (CEO and creator of the company) has always said he's passionate and grateful towards all the rescue men (and women), firemen (") and policemen (") that risk their lives for others and whose jobs puts them in danger every time they act in favor and assistance of the less prepared or able, so he's always thanking them, designing, improving and honouring these people with his ideas, designs and new models.   :salute:

They have some very strong ethics and honourable policy and it's one of the reasons for their loyal and huge fan base, myself included   :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%