Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

MT addiction confession of GLBM. Thanks MT.o :D

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
MT addiction confession of GLBM. Thanks MT.o :D
on: December 25, 2017, 08:00:49 AM
When I joined. This was my complete MT collection.
Mostly knocks offs and cheapies with a few good MTs and SAKs.
20160404_214427-1-1.jpeg
* 20160404_214427-1-1.jpeg (Filesize: 54.29 KB)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: MT addiction confession of GLBM. Thanks MT.o :D
Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 08:02:43 AM
Now. This week with several more on the way. These are just LMs, Gerbers, SOGs, Vics, and Bears. There are almost 30 more other brands and/or models that aren't pictured.
Note edit: only SOG pic has keychain tools pictured. I have several LM and Gerber keychain tools not pictured. :facepalm:
20171215_212826-1.jpeg
* 20171215_212826-1.jpeg (Filesize: 79.11 KB)
20171215_200218-1.jpeg
* 20171215_200218-1.jpeg (Filesize: 81.23 KB)
20171209_234036-1.jpeg
* 20171209_234036-1.jpeg (Filesize: 185.26 KB)
20171030_224513-1.jpeg
* 20171030_224513-1.jpeg (Filesize: 47.84 KB)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 08:16:26 AM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 08:03:56 AM
Bears
20171224_010218-1.jpeg
* 20171224_010218-1.jpeg (Filesize: 192.33 KB)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 08:13:41 AM
I gave up drinking about the same time I got into MTs, so I guess it was some kind of addiction transference.
The MTs are less costly than the runaway drinking I was doing. Not just on my health, but it is a cheaper and more enjoyable hobby. :cheers:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 08:26:05 AM
 :2tu:   :MTO:

00 Offline MTG

Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 09:38:53 AM
Cool collection.

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 02:17:24 PM
Congrats on your collection and also for giving up drinking  :cheers: :tu:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #8 on: December 25, 2017, 02:32:40 PM
Well there's a member for life if ever I saw one- there's no 12 step Multitool.org program!

Yet....  :think:

That's a very respectable collection you have going there!  What are your go to tools?  You know, the ones you can't live without and the ones you find on your belt more often than not?

When I started Multitool.org I had something like 23 multitools (not counting SAKs, which I had hundreds of already) and I thought I was the only one into these things.  Well, me, David Bowen and some guy over on BF I didn't know!  Worst market study ever, I know, but here we are, eleven and a half years later and I have more multitools than I can count!

It's fun seeing other people's collections grow too!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #9 on: December 25, 2017, 03:10:43 PM
I'm out of daylight, but I'll take some pics of my collection too. Not as large, but it's mine and I am quite fond of it.  :)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: December 25, 2017, 03:58:09 PM
:2tu:   :MTO:
:MTO: Indeed!  Great bunch of MT people, y'all are! :multi:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: December 25, 2017, 03:58:47 PM

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: December 25, 2017, 04:02:09 PM
Great collection!  :like:

(Image removed from quote.)
Thank you RP!
Chuck Norris once made his own MT, but trashed the idea after realizing that it would put ALL tool makers out of business. True story.
I'm out of daylight, but I'll take some pics of my collection too. Not as large, but it's mine and I am quite fond of it.  :)
Awesome RP! I am looking forward to pics!
 :like:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 04:03:40 PM
Congrats on your collection and also for giving up drinking  :cheers: :tu:
Thank you very much Steve!   :multi:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #14 on: December 25, 2017, 04:20:17 PM
 :twak: :twak: :twak:

You make a confession & everybody says ya dun gud.........

I do the same & everybody says YOU DID WHAT...........I'm jealous.  :ahhh

Wonderful collection & congrats on stopping the drinking.   :salute:

:like:   :multi: :climber:
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: December 25, 2017, 04:22:48 PM
Well there's a member for life if ever I saw one- there's no 12 step Multitool.org program!

Yet....  :think:

That's a very respectable collection you have going there!  What are your go to tools?  You know, the ones you can't live without and the ones you find on your belt more often than not?

When I started Multitool.org I had something like 23 multitools (not counting SAKs, which I had hundreds of already) and I thought I was the only one into these things.  Well, me, David Bowen and some guy over on BF I didn't know!  Worst market study ever, I know, but here we are, eleven and a half years later and I have more multitools than I can count!

It's fun seeing other people's collections grow too!  :D

Def
Thank you for the kind words and most of all; I thank you and the rest of the staff/mods  for keeping this place going so well. I imagine it was a lonely world for MT guys on knife forums back then. Most knife collectors I know don't like MTs for some reason. They're really missing out.! :cheers:

Goto tools? I do have a short list. However,  I try oter tools out as often as I can. But, since I have been testing, there are days where I just want what is familiar easy. The three tools that see the most pocket time at the same tim are the LM Wave, Gerber MP600BN, and SAK Explorer. The Gerber MP600 replaced the pinchy BN as my blunt nose MT, and the same SAK has been in my pockets over ten years. The Wave has a feature I really like that most MTs need an adapter for. Bit changer without an extension piece is the primary, with diamond file and wood saw being the others. Then, since I wear glasses, the tiny screwdriver is nice. The scissors come in handy as well, since the spring on my Explorer scissors is missing (but usable ).
A couple of days a week I swap the MP 600 for the SwissTool and can never decide which I like better. The MP600 just wins for me in regards to the BN being so strong and handle splay so narrow. Gives the best grip of any MT pliers. Th swisstool has a chisel, which I need occasionally, and it has an awl, which is easier than using the back awl on the Explorer.
It's always a toss-up, but it keeps the hobby exciting.
My tastes may/will change one day, job may change. Who knows what, so I am always happy and feel fortunate to have these useful tools to choose from. On my days off, I usually go really MT old school or just a Vic Spirit. Whatever fits in my pocket instead of using a sheath.
It just depends on what I anticipate may or may not come up to use an MT on.

ca Offline Marc_in_NS

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: December 25, 2017, 04:28:27 PM
Gerleatherberman,

I was dry for thirty years and started drinking shortly after joining these enablers... LOL

Just kidding

Good on you for going dry! You are strong so continue.

:B:
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 04:29:34 PM by Marc_in_NS »

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: December 25, 2017, 04:31:26 PM
:twak: :twak: :twak:

You make a confession & everybody says ya dun gud.........

I do the same & everybody says YOU DID WHAT...........I'm jealous.  :ahhh

Wonderful collection & congrats on stopping the drinking.   :salute:

:like:   :multi: :climber:
:rofl: Butch!
Well, the one thing I would not admit to on this forum, is to having bought a Chinese copy of a Swiss legend AND admitting to it IN the SAK knights sub-forum.  :rofl:

Kidding aside,  thank you very much, Butch!  You have been a great sport about your CAK knudging and that is awesome. I am sure hundreds have gotten a genuine laugh from it. It is interesting to view your perspective of a four decade carry of the same tool! You also raised a kind and generous son as well! 

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: December 25, 2017, 04:37:15 PM
Gerleatherberman,

I was dry for thirty years and started drinking shortly after joining these enablers... LOL

Just kidding

Good on you for going dry! You are strong so continue.

:B:
:rofl: Indeed. If this were a booze forum, we would be drunk ALL the time. :ahhh
Thankfully it is an interesting repository of subjective/&/objective opinion laced with facts for the most part. The amount of kind, hard working, and generous people on this site is outstanding.
Thank you veru much, Marc!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #19 on: December 25, 2017, 05:25:11 PM
swapping drinks for tools is always a progress and a wise move   ;)  Congrats on that   :salute:
I have enjoyed your threads and seeing the evolution and growth of your collection, now I am very envious of some of your rare tools  :D  [especially the Gerbers   :pok:]

see you around and Merry Christmas  :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: December 25, 2017, 05:52:56 PM
swapping drinks for tools is always a progress and a wise move   ;)  Congrats on that   :salute:
I have enjoyed your threads and seeing the evolution and growth of your collection, now I am very envious of some of your rare tools  :D  [especially the Gerbers   :pok:]

see you around and Merry Christmas  :tu:
Thank you and Merry Christmas to you too!
I enjoy seeing your EDC choices and threads as well. Nice to know a few of us over-carry. :like:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #21 on: December 25, 2017, 07:02:56 PM
Great collections :like: and glad to hear you stopped drinking :tu: Merry Christmas and keep it up :like:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: December 25, 2017, 07:20:32 PM
Well Done G-Man. 
You really went all out with your collection.  I remember the first of your right ups that I read and how insightful you were. :tu:  I sense,  have kept a eye out for your posts and always enjoy them.  I find them very informative and often thought provoking.  Keep up all the good work and congratulations on being Dry.  :hatsoff:  I really look forward to your up coming 1000th post as I know it will be the best yet.
By the way I had to turn out like this.  :angel:  Somebody in the family has to off set Butch's  >:D mischief.... :rofl:

Now here are my pathetic before and after collection photos.
Both before and after include my vape gear which I had before MTo and is far cheaper and healthier than the smoking habit I kicked. 
The after is missing the not yet arrived BY SAK and MTo Px, other than that it includes everything I have.
Oh my vape gear is pathetic compared to Butch's
20171225_112328[7953].jpg
* 20171225_112328[7953].jpg (Filesize: 301.06 KB)
20171225_122011[7957].jpg
* 20171225_122011[7957].jpg (Filesize: 328.23 KB)
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: December 25, 2017, 09:56:42 PM
Great collections :like: and glad to hear you stopped drinking :tu: Merry Christmas and keep it up :like:
Thank you, Poncho! Merry Christmas to you as well! :)

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: December 25, 2017, 10:13:16 PM
Well Done G-Man. 
You really went all out with your collection.  I remember the first of your right ups that I read and how insightful you were. :tu:  I sense,  have kept a eye out for your posts and always enjoy them.  I find them very informative and often thought provoking.  Keep up all the good work and congratulations on being Dry.  :hatsoff:  I really look forward to your up coming 1000th post as I know it will be the best yet.
By the way I had to turn out like this.  :angel:  Somebody in the family has to off set Butch's  >:D mischief.... :rofl:

Now here are my pathetic before and after collection photos.
Both before and after include my vape gear which I had before MTo and is far cheaper and healthier than the smoking habit I kicked. 
The after is missing the not yet arrived BY SAK and MTo Px, other than that it includes everything I have.
Oh my vape gear is pathetic compared to Butch's
Thank you sooo much for the kind words and encouragement!  Your generousity is what refueled my love of SAKs as well. The SwissTool is a fantastic benchmark when comparing MTs and a top-notch tool to use. And it has gotten and will get a healthy workout. :tu:
A nice collection, Douglas! Our Pioneer X SAKs will be coming soon enough! :D

Your collection of MTs has grown a bit, but I can respect your constraint on not doing a lot if impulse buying. Thankfully my bills are minimal, since I am single without kids. This feeds the MT dragon. :rofl:

Your Dad certainly caused an uproar with the Chinese Army Knife, but he has since earned his Swiss Army Knight status back. Although I had hoped the mods would create a Chinese Army Knight badge just for him. :rofl:
Your Dad is a cool dude! :tu:

That Vape gear is awesome. I have been looking into it, since cigarettes are really bad for my health. I'm 32yo and can't jog a mile anymore,  because of smoking.  :facepalm: But, that will be getting addressed at some point next year!

I never thought I'd be knocking on 1K posts in December, but it is getting close now. I will be planning on some kind of GAW to celebrate it soon. :tu:

Thank you again for your encouragement and kindness.  :cheers:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #25 on: December 26, 2017, 03:50:09 AM
Awesome MT collection GLBM. Always loved looking at collection pics... :like:

Reaching 1K posts is easy here on MTO... An awesome environment to be apart of... Soo many great members who wouldn’t hesitate to share their knowledge... Grant and the team is doing an awesome jobe keeping this place alive and well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #26 on: December 26, 2017, 07:00:54 AM

Reaching 1K posts is easy here on MTO... An awesome environment to be apart of... Soo many great members who wouldn’t hesitate to share their knowledge... Grant and the team is doing an awesome jobe keeping this place alive and well...

Thank you jaya!
The team on MT.o are fantastic indeed! Very accommodating and helpful. Many many kind and knowledgeable members here as well.
I always look forward to everyone's pics of MTs and SAKs as well. Always fun to see one MT/SAK compared to another for perspective. Specs on paper don't do MTs justice.  Plus I find about 75% of MT weights and measurements to be incorrect on retail sites.
This site has been something I look forward to reading in the morning, on breaks, and at night.  :MTO:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #27 on: December 26, 2017, 01:04:11 PM

Thank you jaya!
The team on MT.o are fantastic indeed! Very accommodating and helpful. Many many kind and knowledgeable members here as well.
I always look forward to everyone's pics of MTs and SAKs as well. Always fun to see one MT/SAK compared to another for perspective. Specs on paper don't do MTs justice.  Plus I find about 75% of MT weights and measurements to be incorrect on retail sites.
This site has been something I look forward to reading in the morning, on breaks, and at night.  :MTO:

being a maniac of precise weights (I love weighing things with one of my 6 scales) I can confirm the crazy deviation from specs in MTs, and folders. SAKs and Lights are often more precise and closer to manufacturer specs.  :salute:

Congrats on your soon to be 1K posts, I agree it's very easy to get those on MT.Org compared to other forums. And for a very good and nice 2018, with the overcarrying spirit that joins some of us (we're scarce but valuable breed  :D), enjoy your week!!!  :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 04:38:36 AM

Thank you jaya!

being a maniac of precise weights (I love weighing things with one of my 6 scales) I can confirm the crazy deviation from specs in MTs, and folders. SAKs and Lights are often more precise and closer to manufacturer specs.  :salute:

Congrats on your soon to be 1K posts, I agree it's very easy to get those on MT.Org compared to other forums. And for a very good and nice 2018, with the overcarrying spirit that joins some of us (we're scarce but valuable breed  :D), enjoy your week!!!  :tu:
Thank you, sir!   :cheers: to more MT fun and collecting!
We shall endeavor to keep weights and measurements precise! :multi:

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 08:16:42 AM
No wonder just a few members take pictures of their collections. It takes some time to take everything out of its sheath.  :facepalm:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%