Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Brookstone 6-in-1 Pen

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Brookstone 6-in-1 Pen
on: December 28, 2017, 04:32:29 AM
So in the last few weeks I had been debating a nice pen, not super pricey, but better than the typical plastic throw aways.

I was doing some reading here about what you guys think and use and was going in a direction, then got tossed way off line.

My dad was given this (http://www.brookstone.com/pd/6-in-1-Tool-Pen/314562.html?bkeid=compare%7Cmercent%7Cgooglebaseads%7Csearch&bkeid=search%7cgoogle%7cbidword%7cPRODUCT+GROUP%7cm%7c&gclid=CMnvj5Hgq9gCFaK2swodukgMRQ&gclsrc=ds) and didn't have much use for it as he typically carries a Cross or Fisher. So he gave it to me knowing I had been thinking of getting something.

So, now I've been carrying this at work the part few days. It looks pretty gimmicky, and I can't really say that calling it a "tool pen" is super fitting, but I like it quite a bit.

As a pen it's solid, hefty in hand, has a knurled but comfortable grip, writes well enough, and the clip is very strong so it'll stay put. The stylus tip works well and without issue on both Apple and Samsung products. The micro bits under the stylus cover are well formed, but I'm not sure how much torque they'd handle. I have found use for it to punch out stuck bolts I was working on and it came in very handy.

Overall a solidly constructed aluminum pen with heightened fiddle factor and utility that has been useful...... 15 dollars worth of extra utility? Maybe not. But for 10 or less like I've seen online, I'd say worth it.
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Brookstone 6-in-1 Pen
Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 04:47:23 AM
That looks pretty cool actually :think: Yep I  :like: it :D Keep us updated on it if you don't mind :cheers:

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Re: Brookstone 6-in-1 Pen
Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 04:50:37 AM
Sure thing! The level also seems to work as it should, though the pen obviously is a good bit shorter than a level should be. Pen also comes with an extra cartridge to refill it, and a spare stylus tip should it get worn out. Really feels to be solidly made.
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD