Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

PowerAccess Delux, PowerLitre, and PowerPint

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
PowerAccess Delux, PowerLitre, and PowerPint
on: December 31, 2017, 02:17:22 AM
Hmm :drink:

http://www.sogknives.com/blog/a-look-ahead-the-2018-products.html?trk_msg=GFUQV3P8VGU475C3K2S6LHRRNO&trk_contact=7RCQV17LF91G6P6BNJ5BH3204G&trk_sid=M9EDJQV9RDMN3KBC5FKDAHGVUO&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Sneak+Peak+of+2018+Products&utm_campaign=New+Year’s+resolution%2c+More+SOG+stuff

"We add three – well, maybe four, but more on that below – additions to our multi-tool line for the upcoming year, rounding out our offerings for every type of multi-tool user. We start with the PowerAccess Deluxe, which is a beefed-up version of the PowerAccess, a well-received addition to the line up in 2017. The Deluxe is, in a word, beastly. Twenty tools. Plier heads with our famous Compound Leverage that make cutting smoother and easier. A 2.75-inch straight blade and a 12-piece hex bit and ¼” driver. It’s the entire package. Two other traditional-styled multi-tools are welcomed into the fold as well. Our new PowerLitre ($67) and PowerPint ($64) come in with attractive price points. The PowerLitre offers a tool many have been asking about for years – a corkscrew, while the smaller PowerPint (it weighs in at 4.2 ounces) has 19 tools. Both have Compound Leverage in the plier heads, too."
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Re: PowerAccess Delux, PowerLitre, and PowerPint
Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 11:09:51 AM
I haven't even received my PowerAccess yet and now it's an old model?  :facepalm: :rofl:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 05:13:01 PM
hopefully this PowerAccess will be the worthy successor of the Powerlock, adn what the PowerPlay should've been   :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 05:35:37 PM
hopefully this PowerAccess will be the worthy successor of the Powerlock, adn what the PowerPlay should've been   :salute:
my thoughts exactly
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 02:22:54 AM
my thoughts exactly

I doubt it'll be any better than the PowerAccess. They probably just replaced the flat scales with the flared scales from the other side of the handle to allow room for two additional long tools. If they don't address the lock issue it'll be a huge failure on their part. Honestly, the PowerAccess would be fine if they fixed the lock. We shall see

The PowerAccess is more of a PPP replacement. The PowerGrab is more of the successor for the PowerLock
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 02:26:31 AM by rdub934 »
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 09:36:48 AM
Here I was... thinking the PowerLitre was the metric version of the PowerPint and wanted to comment it should be called PowerMass. :facepalm:
 :cheers:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 06:15:49 PM
Here I was... thinking the PowerLitre was the metric version of the PowerPint and wanted to comment it should be called PowerMass. :facepalm:
 :cheers:

https://www.sogknives.com/type/multi-tools/powerpint.html

The Powerpint is only 4.2 oz, lighter than the Skeletool and better equiped. Compound leverage, drivers, 2 blades, file, scissors (and unassisted opening for blade, banned in most countries!!!)

The dream come true!!!   :drool: :ahhh :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

P.S:: By the way. Happy new year to everybody and happy to be here again with you guys!, Cheers!!!  :drink:

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 02:50:20 AM
https://youtu.be/4Fan5NwQp04
Sweet Jesus it has a pocket clip!

https://youtu.be/6wVgoKOU-P8
The PowerAccess deluxe lost the pocket clip.

Nothing on the PowerLitre, might be too early in the year.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

us Offline ChrisEDC247

Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 05:36:04 AM
Okay, seeing that PowerPint on video really impresses me. It's got to be just a little bit bigger than a Leatherman Leap or Freestyle. I wish the clip was a bit deeper but I think the PP hits a lot of the most essential items on an compact EDC multitool. I think this one is gonna stick around. The tools look like they are locking, right?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 05:37:30 AM by ChrisEDC247 »

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 08:52:26 AM
If the tool has a bit driver built into the pliers when closed, why have separate drivers? Surely that space could have been saved and the tools made thinner, or used for different tools. Maybe they should have used that space altogether on one handle to have some sort of bit storage system.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 01:37:21 PM
the PowerPint looks like it'll be a big hit
I really dig it so far  :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 02:38:28 PM
the PowerPint looks like it'll be a big hit
I really dig it so far  :tu:

The same I was thinking

Looks smaller than a SOG PPP, but It doesn´t look so light 4,2 oz!!!   ??? :o :o :o :o

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 04:41:18 PM
If the tool has a bit driver built into the pliers when closed, why have separate drivers? Surely that space could have been saved and the tools made thinner, or used for different tools. Maybe they should have used that space altogether on one handle to have some sort of bit storage system.
Some of us don't want to deal with carrying hex bits  :pok:

I don't mind the hex bit driver. It is more useful than the usual crimpers that go there, and doesn't take up other valuable tool space. Plus, they serve to keep the gear teeth out of my palm.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 07:46:57 PM
For years I've referred to the teeth as the gears of madness (Soul Caliber reference). We love compound leverage but hated them digging into your hands. The gear covers were a step in the right direction but this dual setup for gear protection and bit driver works best of all.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 12:04:50 AM
Some of us don't want to deal with carrying hex bits  :pok:

I don't mind the hex bit driver. It is more useful than the usual crimpers that go there, and doesn't take up other valuable tool space. Plus, they serve to keep the gear teeth out of my palm.

My point is actually the opposite, I think the incorporation of a bit driver in the pliers is clever, I just wish they had then not wasted space on the tool with fixed drivers.

Offline bsung2130

• New User
Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 09:55:39 AM
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:57:28 AM by bsung2130 »

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 12:28:53 PM
I like the corkscrew assist, very neat. It'll never compare to the Flair but people should fall all over this.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 01:59:54 PM
Someone "anthorised factory outlet"  from eBay is selling these 3 models now. I sent an email to him to ask if they are preorder or in stock.

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 03:40:28 PM
Someone "anthorised factory outlet"  from eBay is selling these 3 models now. I sent an email to him to ask if they are preorder or in stock.
I'd say preorders, shipping info says:

Delivery:

Estimated between Mon. Feb. 5 and Mon. Feb. 12  

This item has an extended handling time and a delivery estimate greater than 10 business days.

The PowerAccess Deluxe and PowerPint may be released right after SHOT and shipped to dealers. The PowerLitre isn't due out till later this year I'm told.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 03:45:12 PM
I'd say preorders, shipping info says:

Delivery:

Estimated between Mon. Feb. 5 and Mon. Feb. 12 

This item has an extended handling time and a delivery estimate greater than 10 business days.

The PowerAccess Deluxe and PowerPint may be released right after SHOT and shipped to dealers. The PowerLitre isn't due out till later this year I'm told.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Later this year?? We are just mid way past Jan... Lucky me I didnt want the litre. That dealer's price are quite a bit better than knife centre though.

gb Offline Raukodur

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 01:48:15 AM
Shame the UK price will be like £100.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86