Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Wheelchair Accessible - Ben's thread

pomsbz · 495 · 16727

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Re: Wheelchair Accessible - Ben's thread
Reply #240 on: January 15, 2018, 07:56:54 PM
:rofl:

But, then, there's no need to be radical. Life gives us each a patina. We all collect wrinkles, creases, scars, grey hair or the lack of it, and our personal patina tells a story of a life lived, sunsets seen, and horizons scanned.

It's a sharp bit of metal that cuts stuff. I want it to work well, not get in the way of its own operation and look aesthetically pleasing because my carry reflects the kind of person I am to both myself and others. This includes looking clean. I don't really require a tool to tell a story, be a part of history, have a soul or look like it would give me tetanus should I slip and cut myself.  :rofl:

I realise I am in the minority with the above but hey, would be a funny world if we all liked patina's. :D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 07:58:27 PM by pomsbz »
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #241 on: January 15, 2018, 08:03:07 PM
I suspect that there are occasionally people who wonder if I have someplace warm to sleep.   :D

:cheers:

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #242 on: January 19, 2018, 01:18:46 PM
Is there a wishlist threat around here or should I start one?  :cheers:
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #243 on: January 19, 2018, 02:30:17 PM
My patina was applied by 2x4 to upper lip, and the african sun  :drink:

Most younger ladies don't like patina that much, also seemingly hair  :facepalm:

On a serious note, I'm always amazed by the clear and blemish-free skins of most Europeans I've met, especially the Scandinavians.
Once had dinner with a Ukrainian close to 10 years my senior, but if you saw us together you'd think it was the other way around  :think:

:rofl:

But, then, there's no need to be radical. Life gives us each a patina. We all collect wrinkles, creases, scars, grey hair or the lack of it, and our personal patina tells a story of a life lived, sunsets seen, and horizons scanned.
Lovely thought  :cheers: 

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #244 on: January 20, 2018, 04:53:34 PM
Looks a bit different in the winter  :tu:

Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #245 on: January 20, 2018, 06:22:40 PM
Looks a bit different in the winter  :tu:

(Image removed from quote.)

What a great picture! How is driving like up there in those kinds of conditions?

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #246 on: January 20, 2018, 09:01:06 PM
Driving was fine, hadn't snowed since last night so road was pretty clear, the main roads/ bus routes are usually ok a few hours after heavy snow, the smaller back roads are normally untreated but passable with 4x4 (and decent tyres) easy enough  :tu:
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #247 on: January 20, 2018, 09:34:25 PM
Flitz. Because patina = dirt and is evil, ugly and the product of the devils breath. Not that I feel strongly about the subject.  :rofl:

YES, at last someone else who can't stand their kit looking like arse :salute:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #248 on: January 22, 2018, 04:29:26 PM
A new arrival!

Esbit style folding stove, under $3 on ebay shipped. Fits in a shirt pocket with plenty space to spare.

I'm just waiting for the little gas stove that Lynn enabled me to buy and I'm going to run a three way test, gas vs Esbit vs Emberlit. Should be interesting!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #249 on: January 22, 2018, 11:21:12 PM
Nice one poms :tu: Can't wait to see the comparison :cheers:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #250 on: January 23, 2018, 10:27:43 AM
I have one of those folding stoves, exactly the same looks and (apparently) dimensions.
I also used it to store old Mosin-Nagant bullets we found by the riverside, and it still works as a stove nowadays, all blackened, charred and ugly but good to go   :D
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

hr Offline styx

Reply #251 on: January 23, 2018, 10:31:16 AM
A new arrival!

Esbit style folding stove, under $3 on ebay shipped. Fits in a shirt pocket with plenty space to spare.

I'm just waiting for the little gas stove that Lynn enabled me to buy and I'm going to run a three way test, gas vs Esbit vs Emberlit. Should be interesting!

how the smurf do you find such great deals? also don't forget that those Esbit stoves can be used with wood (probably not the best for that though) and as a windscreen for alcohol stoves
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #252 on: January 23, 2018, 11:26:45 AM
A new arrival!

how the smurf do you find such great deals? also don't forget that those Esbit stoves can be used with wood (probably not the best for that though) and as a windscreen for alcohol stoves

It's not an original Esbit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocket-Solid-Alcohol-Fuel-95x75mm-Camping-Cooking-Folding-Portable-Stove-Burner/382102746691

The design isn't exactly complicated though, hasn't changed since Esbit were making them for the German army during WWII.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #253 on: January 23, 2018, 06:17:39 PM
So if you're more into 'smart user' than 'smart phone' what do you do when the keypad on your Nokia is so faded that you can't read it anymore, the fascia cracked, screen badly scratched and the battery is not holding it's charge for longer that two days of hard use (terrible)?

You buy a new one of course for $25 shipped!  :tu:

Long live the ability to hurl your phone across the room at a stone wall in frustration at your bosses idiocy and still carry on using it without a single fault for years after!  :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 06:20:33 PM by pomsbz »

us Offline Dean51

• No Life Club
  • Geometry cuts but the steel determines how long.
Reply #254 on: January 23, 2018, 09:28:01 PM
It's only a mater of time and you will  :assimilate:

I went smart phone - dumb user about 3 years ago.  :D

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #255 on: January 23, 2018, 09:38:50 PM

I went smart phone about three months ago haven't looked back  ;)

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #256 on: January 24, 2018, 06:00:29 AM

I went smart phone about three months ago haven't looked back  ;)

I went the other way. I had an iphone for 6 months a few years back and ended up giving it to a friend. There is no way I'm going back. No way. *shudder*

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #257 on: January 24, 2018, 12:03:03 PM
Hope that phone gives you many years of service :cheers: I have been a smartphone user going on 5 years now :ahhh I put it off as long as I could :D now I use it for many different tasks :like:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #258 on: January 25, 2018, 11:58:35 PM
I keep being tempted to go smart user, but as an avid motorcyclist, I love being able to check the weather and radar for route planning purposes on longer trips. Also enjoy the map function at times.

Otherwise I might go back to the basic mobile design.  :tu:

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #259 on: January 29, 2018, 08:46:23 PM
Oooh look what just arrived.

Guinness! Oh and a beautiful orange Farmer...

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 09:03:01 PM by pomsbz »

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #260 on: January 29, 2018, 09:14:47 PM
Quite appropriate as my Pruner gave me one heck of a love bite today. Here's a tip, when wiping a wet razor sharp blade with tissue, look at what you're doing! Oh and don't be mid rant about your boss at the time, it takes away from your concentration.  :think:

I'll add that on the subject of 'sharp', the Farmer above arrived sharper than any knife I've ever bought. Very close to perfect. Will only need a few minutes on the strop. I'm impressed!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 09:17:20 PM by pomsbz »

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #261 on: January 30, 2018, 12:01:54 AM
That's a great SAK.

I'm pretty sure I wish you hadn't posted that picture.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #262 on: January 30, 2018, 09:44:58 AM
That's a great SAK.

I'm pretty sure I wish you hadn't posted that picture.

Was a really good price too!

https://cutleryshoppe.com/victorinox-swiss-army-0-8241-281ro-farmer-93mm-3-66-orange-alox-handle/

snigger  :rofl:

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #263 on: January 30, 2018, 03:11:05 PM
A couple of quick pics of alox colour.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #264 on: January 30, 2018, 09:24:13 PM
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #265 on: February 06, 2018, 05:53:18 PM
Do I need moderator permission to run a GAW and are there rules for how to make a GAW ?

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #266 on: February 06, 2018, 06:18:00 PM
No permission that I am aware. 

No rules either, just announce what you would like to gift, set rules to participate, and how and when winner will be selected.  Then follow through and monitor the thread you create for the GAW. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #267 on: February 06, 2018, 08:29:51 PM

us Offline cody6268

Reply #268 on: February 07, 2018, 01:37:52 AM
Quite appropriate as my Pruner gave me one heck of a love bite today. Here's a tip, when wiping a wet razor sharp blade with tissue, look at what you're doing! Oh and don't be mid rant about your boss at the time, it takes away from your concentration.  :think:

I'll add that on the subject of 'sharp', the Farmer above arrived sharper than any knife I've ever bought. Very close to perfect. Will only need a few minutes on the strop. I'm impressed!

I did that with a brand new Buck 110 when it sliced through a paper towel after cleaning pizza off it. It was at mechatronics class, and I'm glad I was carrying a first-aid kit in my pack that had plenty of gauze pads in there.  That Edge 2X tech on them is like a scalpel.  However, the old thick edge on the 440C models is impossible to get a good edge on--it's probably why my great uncle had taken a grinder to it.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #269 on: February 07, 2018, 05:18:49 PM

I did that with a brand new Buck 110 when it sliced through a paper towel after cleaning pizza off it. It was at mechatronics class, and I'm glad I was carrying a first-aid kit in my pack that had plenty of gauze pads in there.  That Edge 2X tech on them is like a scalpel.  However, the old thick edge on the 440C models is impossible to get a good edge on--it's probably why my great uncle had taken a grinder to it.

I didn't know they used to be 440C.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%