Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

PowerGrab discontinued?

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Re: PowerGrab discontinued?
Reply #60 on: January 24, 2018, 03:42:03 AM
Spoke to SOG today about this, yes the Powergrab did not do well last year and it got canned.
I also just found out Reactor is not reacting anymore.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #61 on: January 24, 2018, 04:12:53 AM
Thanks Kampfer! Sad news, but was expected. The reactor and Grab were not well received. :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #62 on: January 24, 2018, 04:17:40 AM
Thanks Kampfer! Sad news, but was expected. The reactor and Grab were not well received. :ahhh
If you remember, I gave up on the Reactor after only 5 minutes, it is hopeless.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #63 on: February 05, 2018, 04:34:15 PM
If you remember, I gave up on the Reactor after only 5 minutes, it is hopeless.
The Reactor was very disappointing. It was a great concept, but it was executed badly from the design stage onwards. It was full of hotspots, was uncomfortable to use, and too thick for what it was. They've had a lot of missteps the last few years, and I wonder if their reputation can be repaired.

I appreciate that SOG seems to be moving towards their roots again, being a bit more experimental & adventurous with their designs. The PowerAccess was a step in the right direction, and the Q line is definitely different. Their new small tools are clearly a grab at the Juice segment that Leatherman has left stagnant for a very long time. I desperately hope that SOG gets their QC issues in line with these new tools, because they could really stand to grab some serious market share. 
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%