Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Too many choices!!!

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Too many choices!!!
on: January 07, 2018, 09:35:41 AM
I don’t know how some folks can pick what to carry and when, if they have several multitools and SAKs!!!

These are just three of my current Leathermans. I still have 2 gen 1 Waves, two PSTs, Skeletool CX, Supertool, two ST200’s, an ST300, a Mini, a Rebar, both styles of the older bit adapters, several bit kits, a Crater C33 and a C33X and lastly a Skeletool KB in a box in my closet. Plus I have given a few Leatherman tools away and sold several last year.

Don’t even get me started and the various knives and several SAKs I have.

Just too many choices!!!!

Haha!!!

And NO, it won’t help to send some to a few of you out there!  LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline Glockfan

Re: Too many choices!!!
Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 02:23:12 PM
It’s a fun problem to have  :D.   Nice collection you have there.    :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 03:47:23 PM
Pick one and carry it.  Next day pick another and so on and so forth.  Soon you'll find the one that feels right or the one that you don't want to leave at home.  It happened with me and my Wave.  With SAKs its was a little harder to settle on one.   I currently carry a Charge TTi for work instead of my Wave but not much difference tool selection wise. 

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:14:45 PM by Aloha007 »
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 04:00:48 PM
Have you got a favourite out of all of them
Very nice collection  :like:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 04:07:16 PM
And that's the problem I have with SAKs.  I have several different tool combinations for virtually any task.

I would probably carry the OHT and Crunch together, as the Crunch has locking pliers and a bit driver, while the OHT has a ton of outside accessible tools and Gerber-style flick pliers.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 04:17:55 PM
I can think of worse problems to have anyways :D Great looking bunch of stuff zrxoa :tu: :like: I agree with Aloha in how to pick one but I don't use the method as I swap my carry daily unless in a challenge :D I do have my SAK nailed down (but of course it is one I modded for myself :salute: ) I think it is fun to choose my carry for the next day most of the time but do forget to and carry the same for a couple days or more sometimes ;)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 04:26:26 PM
I've only a few options these days so pretty easy to choose,plus uk laws make it easy as limited on carry,my only choice these days is what slipjoint to carry,and I've a few more on the way from the states and there is one there that's going to become a daily carry  :salute:
20171223_193010_crop_927x848.jpg
* 20171223_193010_crop_927x848.jpg (Filesize: 604.21 KB)

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 04:30:39 PM
I've only a few options these days so pretty easy to choose,plus uk laws make it easy as limited on carry,my only choice these days is what slipjoint to carry,and I've a few more on the way from the states and there is one there that's going to become a daily carry  :salute:
Your edc seems to be built around NOT carrying a SAK. :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 05:34:46 PM
Your edc seems to be built around NOT carrying a SAK. :D

or a multi tool  ;) too be honest I carry my wave in my backpack and occasionally carry my xe6 or super tinker,but pretty much carry above most days,years of carrying edc I pretty much know what I need and don't need,plus with uk laws I would rather carry one bladed item and not multiple  :tu:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 09:04:13 PM
It's easier to choose if you have them laid out in a drawer or somewhere other than piled in a box.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 09:39:08 PM
It's easier to choose if you have them laid out in a drawer or somewhere other than piled in a box.

True :tu: the ones I carry are in a drawer and the ones I collect for my collection are in a few different boxes  :tu: I do occasionally go into the box and use that stuff as well :D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:40:18 PM by Poncho65 »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD