Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

2018 New SOG

Kampfer · 94 · 11467

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Re: 2018 New SOG
Reply #30 on: January 15, 2018, 04:11:32 PM
And man this design is so sexy! That aggressive design they started in 2017 makes me drool! :drool:
I'm reminded of a star destroyer.  :drool:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #31 on: January 15, 2018, 04:18:52 PM
I also like the looks of the PowerPint. Not sure on the PowerAccess Deluxe (which is a poor choice in name IMO. Makes it sound like a regular PA with different tools, rather than a "big" PA)
I was thinking the same thing. Why not PowerDeluxe? Or something. :think:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #32 on: January 15, 2018, 04:21:24 PM
Got my PowerPint pre-ordered. But, it seems though, knifecenter has no idea when the pints will be in stock. :P
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: January 17, 2018, 04:19:08 AM
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 07:53:40 AM
Kinda digging the look of the Pint. I'll wait for feedback, though.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #35 on: January 17, 2018, 09:04:06 AM
They could drop 'power' from the names. And then change the names.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 09:05:46 AM by ReamerPunch »

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: January 17, 2018, 09:48:56 AM
Me too would like to have my hand on the powerpint. That looks like a very good size for edc.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #37 on: January 17, 2018, 01:35:21 PM
Price for these new products:
https://www.knifecenter.com/listing/new-2018-sog-knives-and-tools?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=2018-sog-knives-mini-banner&kcno=123&mc_cid=9b0d6a723d&mc_eid=1882ef30ea

Wow, that is compelling pricing. Only $40 for the PowerPint? That might be serious competition for the Leatherman Wingman and Gerber Suspension. Fingers crossed the quality of the tool is reasonably good.

Let's not forget that The Multitool.org Store is an authorized SOG dealership.   :pok:

Plus buying from the MTO Store also helps keep the lights on here at the forum we all know and love.

That enough of a guilt trip for you?  :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: January 17, 2018, 07:18:43 PM
Do you think the Powerlite components will be compatibles with older ones?  :pok: ??? ??? ???

I would change the serrated blade for a saw!  :like:

us Offline ChrisEDC247

Reply #39 on: January 17, 2018, 10:42:10 PM
Price for these new products:
https://www.knifecenter.com/listing/new-2018-sog-knives-and-tools?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=2018-sog-knives-mini-banner&kcno=123&mc_cid=9b0d6a723d&mc_eid=1882ef30ea

Wow, that is compelling pricing. Only $40 for the PowerPint? That might be serious competition for the Leatherman Wingman and Gerber Suspension. Fingers crossed the quality of the tool is reasonably good.

Let's not forget that The Multitool.org Store is an authorized SOG dealership.   :pok:

Plus buying from the MTO Store also helps keep the lights on here at the forum we all know and love.

That enough of a guilt trip for you?  :P

Def

As an ardent consumer, the only guilt trip I feel is when my credit card statement arrives.

Woah! I didn't know the MTO store also has a wide variety of hard to find accessories and exclusive MTO branded products. Gee, seems like a great place to buy a special gift for a loved one, even if that loved one is yourself!! And did you mention that it supports the forum we all know and love? I know what cool products I've got MY eyes on. Thank you Grant for delivering that special message.

us Online David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #40 on: January 17, 2018, 10:54:34 PM
I have a feeling the PowerPint is going to be a big hit for SOG. It takes all the features of a bigger tool like the PowerAccess and cram it into smaller and easier to carry package. I hope they fix all the small lock issue they had on the access it and it makes the Pint perfect.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline bsung2130

• New User
Reply #41 on: January 18, 2018, 03:50:45 AM
Actually, I would like to see SOG can add two to three bit storage liked Skeletool or Havalon Evolve.

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #42 on: January 18, 2018, 06:57:14 PM
I have a feeling the PowerPint is going to be a big hit for SOG. It takes all the features of a bigger tool like the PowerAccess and cram it into smaller and easier to carry package. I hope they fix all the small lock issue they had on the access it and it makes the Pint perfect.

Well, that name sure is hard to google. It keeps asking "did you mean dog power point"...  :rofl:

PowerPint seemed too small to me...  :think: I'm looking forward to reading a review  :popcorn:

And man this design is so sexy! That aggressive design they started in 2017 makes me drool! :drool:

Exactly!!!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:04:09 PM by ddogu »

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: January 18, 2018, 07:23:55 PM

Well, that name sure is hard to google. It keeps asking "did you mean dog power point"...  :rofl:

PowerPint seemed too small to me...  :think: I'm looking forward to reading a review  :popcorn:

Exactly!!!

Geez, this is my third edit... I took a screenshot from the PowerAccess Deluxe, see below. The handle looks too hollow, it only has support on two sides! I wonder how robust that is :( Does not feel reliable :-/

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: January 19, 2018, 12:17:25 AM
Do you think the Powerlite components will be compatibles with older ones?  :pok: ??? ??? ???

Repeat!!!  :oops: :oops: :oops:

What do you think???

us Online David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #45 on: January 19, 2018, 12:22:51 AM
Actually, I would like to see SOG can add two to three bit storage liked Skeletool or Havalon Evolve.
I agree, till SOG does something like that I'll need to keep some extra bits on hand.  The PowerPint appears to have a Phillips driver but no flat driver? Guess we will need extra bits.

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #46 on: January 20, 2018, 12:51:30 AM

What do you think???

I am invisible...  :P

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #47 on: January 20, 2018, 02:46:29 AM

What do you think???

I am invisible...  :P
Apologies, sir!
We won't know until we get the tools to look at, but I would bet against them being compatible. Most likely case is the componenets not made for it will need serious modding to work.
 :cheers:

us Online David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #48 on: January 20, 2018, 03:24:14 AM
The pint seems to be a smaller format than a PowerAccess and not the size of say a PowerGrab. I don't feel older SOG tools would fit the new tools due to lock differences and vise versa. Like Gerleatherberman said it would probably require serious missing to work.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #49 on: January 20, 2018, 04:55:22 AM
Looks interesting.  I liked the Power Access, so the Deluxe is interesting, and the Pint. 

Proud SAKMC member :)

K-Tibbs

us Offline ChrisEDC247

Reply #50 on: January 20, 2018, 09:43:08 AM

Exactly!!!

Geez, this is my third edit... I took a screenshot from the PowerAccess Deluxe, see below. The handle looks too hollow, it only has support on two sides! I wonder how robust that is :( Does not feel reliable :-/

Edit: I misread your post and thought you were talking about the power pint. Looking at the video for the power deluxe I see what you mean. Hopefully those thinner handles aren't a big hot spot in the hand. I think we'll have a better idea when Shot show hits next week.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:13:37 AM by ChrisEDC247 »

es Offline alexTOOL

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: January 22, 2018, 02:01:48 AM
Thank you all guys!  :cheers:

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #52 on: January 24, 2018, 04:16:46 PM
Liking the PowerPint... LM Juice killer?

Anybody noticed that the scissor springs on both PowerPint and PowerLitre are similar to the Vic Spirit? Also reversed handles like the Spirit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Online David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #53 on: January 24, 2018, 05:47:10 PM
Hadn't realised that, good observation. That means it should handle forces better than in the other configuration. It's the same size as a Juice so it could be a strong contender. With all those tools and compound leverage it's possible.

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #54 on: January 24, 2018, 11:01:01 PM
I tested the powerpint scissors on paper and super thin plastic sheets, seen decent, not the greatest but better than old SOG scissors by far.
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #55 on: January 25, 2018, 02:30:57 AM
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 02:37:32 AM by Kampfer »

us Offline Kampfer

• Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #56 on: January 25, 2018, 07:24:22 AM

us Offline ChrisEDC247

Reply #57 on: January 25, 2018, 07:39:52 AM
Again thank you Kampfer for the footage. :salute:

Can't wait to get that PowerPint in my hands. Didn't realize it would fit in a watch pocket, now I see why the clip wasn't super deep so it could fit in there. This is officially on the must have list. I would say this makes a great multitool for carry when wearing dress clothes, I wouldn't call it "dressy" but it would definitely tuck away very nicely in the inside breast pocket of a sport coat. Maybe that's why the PowerLiter has a corkscrew on it?

*video correction* The guy in the video says on the PowerLiter you lose the scissors to get the corkscrew when you actually loose the file and serrated blade... which is good because I'd rather have the scissors.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:07:21 AM by ChrisEDC247 »

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #58 on: January 27, 2018, 12:44:36 AM

Exactly!!!

Edit: I misread your post and thought you were talking about the power pint. Looking at the video for the power deluxe I see what you mean. Hopefully those thinner handles aren't a big hot spot in the hand. I think we'll have a better idea when Shot show hits next week.
Can’t be as bad as the PST.  :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #59 on: January 27, 2018, 06:15:17 PM
I'm very much looking forward to seeing more of the Powerpint in the next few months.  :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%