Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Schrade IMP22 Sodbuster

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Schrade IMP22 Sodbuster
on: July 05, 2019, 09:32:21 PM
I just snagged one of these for 10 bucks off of eBay, new in the box. It’s the 3 5/8 length (smaller sized) Sodbuster, and I really like it. I have a larger Case Sodbuster that is currently my favorite knife, and this little thing compares very favorably. It’s well made, pretty sharp, had nice scales, and very strong snap to the spring. It is small but still feels good in the hand.

Edit - I just found I overpaid. They’re currently $6 on Amazon. So wow, these are great stocking stuffers!

Charles.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 09:44:24 PM by ChopperCharles »

00 Offline Fruitbat

Re: Schrade IMP22 Sodbuster
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 10:39:17 AM
I just wish it had a locking blade. Would be awesome

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 02:55:19 PM
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,82602.msg1999599.html#msg1999599

Have a look at his comparison.  You'd be surprised what a terrific knife the Sod buster is if you haven't already tried one.  For the money it would be a great way to get into one and if you didn't like it, gift it? 

I have both sizes of the Case and they are wonderful.  I was really surprised how well I liked them. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 05:27:04 PM
Heh I wrote that comparison!

Been carrying my large schrade sodbuster for the last few days because the case needs sharpening finally, and I like to really take my time and get it razor sharp. I’m enjoying the thicker handles and the feel of the knife immensely. I will go back to my case once it’s sharpened, but if I wanted a stainless blade I don’t think I’d even consider a case now. (My case sodbuster has the chrome vanadium blade). The schrade is a really good knife and I love using it.

Charles.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 10:46:21 PM
 :salute: I was in fact referring to your comparison.  Its a good one for those looking to get into the Sod Busters pattern for a little money to try it out.  If I didn't already have the Case Large and Jr I'd be all over those Schrades  :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD