Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

wenger rangergrip

A3 · 11 · 607

Offline A3

• New User
wenger rangergrip
on: January 09, 2018, 04:50:12 PM
hello i bought this knife en it looks like a rangergrip 90 , but all the pictures i looked on the WWW  shows a other type off  blade as what i bought.

what type rangergrip is this ??

tanks A3
WENGER RANGERGRIP.jpg
* WENGER RANGERGRIP.jpg (Filesize: 71.08 KB)

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Re: wenger rangergrip
Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 06:56:02 PM
Interesting knife, is it possible someone has modded it with a Mike Horn serrated blade?
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

se Offline stoneshank

Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 06:56:20 PM
ok so the knife seems a bit "early" in development, things pointing all over the place compared to the rescue blade i think it eventually became. I have seen the knife before, listed as "super rare" which must very well be the case if it is genuine.

The blade itself makes a lot of sense rescuewise. The sheepfoot shape makes it really easy to avoid piercing something you shouldnt (skin or possibly the hull of a renegade Android robot that is trying to kill you, you have to cut the red wire without cutting its acidunderlaying skin!).  It also has a blade with strong teethteeth for the situation a blade simply wont cut it (HAH!). A regularly plain sharpened blade will outdo a regularly sharpened serrated blade but a rarely sharpened plain blade will fall behind compared to a rarely sharpened serrated blade. In the case of this knife it thus makes sense as a knife can dull easily in a previous moment to actually cutting a belt or such in a rescue situation. It also can gimmick a stronger tool for other materials to cut through (glass?).

The saw seems to be a wood saw, which has the knife pointing in a totally different direction which is wood craft, and a metal file for.. dunno, this i going far away from the "snow in the air as your alpine swiss guard helicopter, borrowed by the Pope due to nepotism (he always favoured his secret son, YOU!) and you throw yourself senselessly out before touchdown, rolling in the snow and starts saving the cheerleader schoolbuss that got stuck up on an alpine mountainrange cliff, with your easily identifieble protagonist yellow rescueknife."

Awl and the pliers seems standard premerge wenger rangergrip. the bit-hole as well.

My best guess, which is totally unfounded and has no bearing in court is that it is an early request for a rescue tool by some mid european rescue service.

boop!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:59:41 PM by stoneshank »

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 06:57:12 PM
Yes check this out... (this is a "Mike Horn" - picture by Chris Custom Works I believe)
Nice Wenger by the way!
comp_s1057436.jpg
* comp_s1057436.jpg (Filesize: 150.37 KB)

Offline A3

• New User
Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 07:14:02 PM
Interesting knife, is it possible someone has modded it with a Mike Horn serrated blade?

i dont know ,  i bought it like this and there was no box ore typenumber

Offline A3

• New User
Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 07:20:22 PM
Yes check this out... (this is a "Mike Horn" - picture by Chris Custom Works I believe)
Nice Wenger by the way!
 this model knife is the only picture i found on the WWW wat is fitted with this type blade

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 11:36:36 PM
Nice

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
R

ch Offline Syem

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 11:48:49 PM
Blade does look quite similar but the OH opening hole shape seems a bit different I think.

Here's a pic of mine with just that blade out for comparison.

edit: Nevermind, they look just the same  ::) the reflection on your pic made the hole's edge look a bit thinner to my tired eyes...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 11:52:38 PM by Syem »

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 03:35:52 AM
hello i bought this knife en it looks like a rangergrip 90 , but all the pictures i looked on the WWW  shows a other type off  blade as what i bought.

what type rangergrip is this ??

tanks A3

The reamer is also the Mike Horn one.

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 11:46:07 PM

Personally I'm inclined to think this is a Mike Horn Mod swapping both the scales and PE blade for the saw.
The Yellow scaled versions are coming from the Eastern Europe countries, Ebay seems to be awash with Yellow Rangers.
Great find, yep I'm envious :facepalm:
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

au Online Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 01:55:06 AM
Seems to be a RangerGrip 90 - But with the Mike Horn blade to me.

http://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Wenger+RangerGrip+90

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD