Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Single CR123 Lights?

us Offline Joe58

Single CR123 Lights?
on: January 13, 2018, 04:14:42 PM
Ok, due to you enablers, I’ve been expanding my horizons beyond my single AAA Olights, which I really like btw.

Anyway, I decided to try the Olight Mini Baton. I went with the copper since copper is just neater looking right?

I’m actually quite impressed with it. For its small size, it packs quite a lot of light. And it’s easy enough to drop into your pocket. One thing I wish they’d of done on it was make the clip reversible, so you can clip it in your pocket LED down should you choose.

Anyway, I was wondering what you guys suggest that’s worth a look at in a similar sized light from other makers. Or is the Olight already the best choice? Lol.

I’d be curious to maybe get one or two other brands to mess with as long as they are the same size as this Olight.
🇨🇭

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Re: Single CR123 Lights?
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 12:35:57 AM
you need one with reversable clip? what price range? That copper is probably to heavy for a hat as well. Fenix E15 is nice but no clip, Jetbeam MK2, olight S1, Nitecore MT1C, or you can go cheaper with some of the lesser known brands
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 12:45:33 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

us Offline Joe58

Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 11:59:04 PM
No, don’t really need the clip. I was just observing what to me seemed obvious, the clip should be reversible.

I’ll take a look at your suggestions. Appreciate it!
🇨🇭

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 12:13:08 AM
I'd suggest and recommend the Olight S1 Baton

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,75141.0.html
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline Joe58

Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 12:28:50 PM
I'd suggest and recommend the Olight S1 Baton

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,75141.0.html

That’s what I purchased in my pic above, except in copper as I like the look when it gets that nice patina.

I looked at the others that Blackbeard suggested and none are as small, length wise, as the Mini Baton. The Nitecore looked liked it might be a fun one to check out though.

The clip isn’t an issue for me as I’m likely just going to remove it and drop the light into my pocket.

It’s amazing what the companies can squeeze into such a tiny package.

I’m just kinda looking at single CR123 lights to aquint myself with them more than anything else. For my normal edc needs, the Olight 1xAAA clipped to a minichamp is my usual carry and does just fine. Just interested in in some of the threads you guys have posted on other sized lights.

Although as much as my grandson enjoyed toting the copper Mini Baton around all this past weekend, I imagine he will end up swiping it from me for his Boy Scout trips. :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:32:51 PM by Joe58 »
🇨🇭

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 12:35:03 PM
Led Lenser F1?

us Offline italophil

Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 12:48:59 PM
Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA. It works with either one CR123 or one AA and has a decent throw.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%