Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Small Simple Mod to My Surge Sheath

us Offline Yontz

Small Simple Mod to My Surge Sheath
on: January 10, 2018, 08:34:40 PM
This might have already been done and posted but I am fairly new around here ...
So for Christmas my wife got me the bit kit and bit extender (she's awesome!). I was having a hard time keeping the bit extender in there. So I took a little thread and need and sewed the bottom of the elastic and put the extender in bit end down. It worked out great and was dead simple.
Leatherman Micra, Leatherman Surge

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Re: Small Simple Mod to My Surge Sheath
Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 09:35:12 PM
This might have already been done and posted but I am fairly new around here ...
So for Christmas my wife got me the bit kit and bit extender (she's awesome!). I was having a hard time keeping the bit extender in there. So I took a little thread and need and sewed the bottom of the elastic and put the extender in bit end down. It worked out great and was dead simple.
Well done, mate, been thinking of upgrading mine for Wave in a pretty similar fashion - since the extender is wobbling in there I thought of partly sewing it in order to make it fit tighter, but your approach is cool too!
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

us Offline Dean51

• No Life Club
  • Geometry cuts but the steel determines how long.
Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 11:48:54 PM
Thanks.  :salute:  :tu:

us Offline Glockfan

Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 04:38:24 AM

Nice job!     :like:

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 11:10:54 AM
I wrapped a rubber band around my bit extender and it stays put very well. I like your solution too  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%