Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Alox or Celidor?

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Re: Alox or Celidor?
Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 04:11:27 AM
I've never owned a nylon scaled SAK.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Better grip under wet conditions, and isn't brittle. I like my Camper II a lot. I wish they inlaid metal Vic symbols into it.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: January 20, 2018, 04:12:57 AM
I'm sorry to be the party pooper, but my vote is Nylon.
Sturdier than cellidor (I have broken 6 cellidor scales, either by dropping or crushing but no nylon to date) and more durable to chemicals, heat or damage. Cheaper too, but that's a very little thing to have in mind.
I prefer the grippier texture and tactile feel of nylon.
I like the color of it, maybe no more than the shiny cellidor red but it's very good looking to me. The car we had as a kid (Citröen Xsara Picasso) was exactly that same color, I guess it's nostalgia.

then I like Alox, because of the sturdiness, thinness, looks, feel in hand. I don't mind having no T&T, I never use them and carry both on my FAK anyways.

Thirdly I like the Cellidor + Rubber scales from the Evogrips, Wenger S557 etc.

And finally normal Cellidor,
well, no, the ones I like the worst are the Wood scales (Evowood) and the all Rubber (OHO Solider) ones

Well said. I've never had an aolx, but have other metal scaled tools. The cellidor is iconic, but nylon outcasts it and is cheaper. Alox must clearly be very durable, but is more expensive and has no backsliding tools

Don't wish to be a  pusher man but if you've never had an alox model.....    you should prawlbably do something about that...    Pioneer's can be had on the cheap.  :D

Um...

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: January 20, 2018, 04:29:59 AM
New Pioneers are twice the cost of new cellidor. An even greater price difference between it and nylon. Y-yikes.

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: January 20, 2018, 04:43:13 PM
I like celidor for the traditional look, but I've never owned an Alox Sak to compare and I'm taking the " you don't miss what you never had approach"  so I don't get sucked into that trap, I will stand up for nylon because I've been edcing the same nylon scaled Recruit for 25 plus years and it's held up well except for the Shield that is lost to time

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%