Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LM life-time warranty for broken-tip Micra?

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
LM life-time warranty for broken-tip Micra?
on: January 14, 2018, 08:44:14 AM
I came across a second hand Micra at a very good price, though the tip of the scissors is broken. Do you guys think LM would replace the scissors under the famous life-time warranty if I would ship it to them? I attached the pic of the tool below, it's not utterly unusable the way it is now, but still I'd prefer if it was whole :)

* micra_broken.jpg (Filesize: 102.12 KB)

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: LM life-time warranty for broken-tip Micra?
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 09:49:43 AM
Their warranty is for 25 years. They would probably fix that in any case. I don't know if it is worth shipping though. I'd probably just reshape them with a grinder and call it good enough.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 06:02:49 PM
Since the Micra is *still* in production (this year, it will be the longest running production Leatherman, beating out even the venerable original), they will most likely save time by sending you out a new one.

That is unless you send along with the warranty claim a note stating it is of sentimental value, in which case they will repair it.

I don't know what shipping to or from Istanbul is going to cost, so only you can decide if it it worth it.

Another thing to consider is, whether or not there is an official Leatherman licensed reseller franchise  / authorized dealer (i forget what they actually call it) near you. They may have exclusive license to handle warranty claims in your country, and you may have to go through them. There are numerous threads about the varying quality of service in different countries, so you may want to scan the threads and find out how it is in Turkey.

I hope that helps.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:15:56 PM by ThundahBeagle »

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 06:13:58 PM
Since the Micra is *still* in production (soon to be the longest running production Leatherman, beating out even the venerable original), they will most likely save time by sending you out a new one.

That is unless you send along with the warranty claim a note stating it is of sentimental value, in which case they will repair it.

I don't know what shipping to or from Istanbul is going to cost, so only you can decide if it it worth it.

Another thing to consider is, whether or not there is an official Leatherman licensed reseller franchise  / authorized dealer (i forget what they actually call it) near you. They may have exclusive license to handle warranty claims in your country, and you may have to go through them. There are numerous threads about the varying quality of service in different countries, so you may want to scan the threads and find out how it is in Turkey.

I hope that helps.

Oh, I did not know these, thank you!

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 06:20:29 PM
Yes, sir. The Micra went into production in 1996 and is still in production unless Leatherman has just stopped very recently. This year will be #22. The original was produced for 21 years.

As for warranty, it has been easier in the US, of course because they are based here. Often they may not ship individually to other countries where they have established an authorized dealer, as they will want everything to go through that dealer.

Glad it helped.

de Offline leatherman-shop.de

Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 09:32:01 AM
Maybe this site will help you to find a service address in turkey:
https://www.leatherman.com.tr/
There is even a telephone number.
multitools for the one leaving nothing undone

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 01:25:44 AM
Maybe this site will help you to find a service address in turkey:
https://www.leatherman.com.tr/
There is even a telephone number.

Vielen Dank. Leider war ich zu spaet, die Micra wurde schon verkauft... :(

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99