Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Noob: What do these components do? Heckler & Koch 14443T Tactical Multi-Tool

Offline Greg Diamond

Please and thank you.

Heckler & Koch 14441T Utility Multi-Tool - Discontinued from manufacturer. - Limited info online. I searched for an hour. Friends don't know either.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BMHK14443T/Heckler-and-Koch-14443T-Tactical-Multi-Tool-Nylon-Sheath

Am I right in these assumptions:????

1) What is the Yellow circled tool?  - It is not a tiny Flathead screwdriver.  Is it a glass breaker?

2) What is the Blue circled tool?  -Is it a Shotgun choke? I don't know guns...

3) Is the Green circled tool a seat belt cutter?

4) Is the Red circled tool a handcuff key?

5) What exactly is a "double lock tool"? Where is it?

6) What is a "scraping end" on the end of the file used for?
BMHK14443Tnw_LI.jpg
* BMHK14443Tnw_LI.jpg (Filesize: 134.88 KB)

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Yellow is probably a sight tool. Not a well designed one if it is.

Blue is possibly a choke tube wrench. Again, not a good one.

The key is for handcuffs. "Double lock" probably refers to a kind of handcuff, although I know HK has in the past bought gun locks that take the same key as 80% of the cuffs on the planet.

I hope the price was good, this is a very specialized tool with limited utility. Especially if you aren't a shooter or a cop. HK had Benchmade put their brand on a couple of tools a while ago- as memory serves they were all rather uninspiring, and I've never seen a serious shooter who had one. The knives were Benchmades from the imported line and rebranded, but I think Benchmade subcontracted the multis. People bought them because it has the HK logo on them, and HK knows people will spend twice as much as something is really worth for that logo.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

Offline Greg Diamond

Thanks. Good to know.  That is well beyond my knowledge base.   

I got it a while ago heavily discounted online because it had the screwdriver setup. Mistakes happen.  It will still serve a purpose here and there I guess.  Eventually I will get a better one, and this will go in my bug out bag I guess.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
If you don't like it, consider taking it to a pawn shop that deals in firearms. Or better, a firearm shop that does consignment/resale.

The gun folks are the target market for this, and you'll get better money from a specialized tool in the place where it's most useful.

Just a thought.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Wonder who actually made it. Ganzo perhaps?

Offline Greg Diamond

Yea, pawn / gun shop... or that niche.  Good idea.   Its made in China, I read while researching about...   

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Red circled tool is a handcuff key for sure. A "double lock" stops the ratchet of a handcuff from closing. Once someone is handcuffed, that ratchet can continue to close. When "rear cuffed" and seated in a police cruiser, pressure on the cuffs will close them indefinitely, cutting off blood supply and injuring the suspect's wrists and hands.

The double lock will prevent the cuffs from closing beyond a certain point. You get them on tight enough, then double lock them so that they will neither open nor close any further.

The visible part of the red circled tool is the normal cuff key used to unlock the cuffs. The double or lock portion of the cuff key is nothing more than a little cylindrical nub protruding from the opposite side of the key, which is inserted into a narrow slot on the handcuff body, which is actually a slider lock there. So the "double lock" tool resembles that yellow circled tool, but would normally ( on a dedicated handcuff key) be found on the end of the red circled tool which seems affixed to the body of the tool.

If that handcuff key is removable, check the other end for a nub. If it is not removable, they may expect you to use the yellow circled tool for that purpose.

This is not just a "gun folks" oriented tool. It is definitely a "police folks" tool. If you want to "unload it", quickly take it to a police supply shop.

Offline Greg Diamond

Half-way through the initial post, I thought i was an idiot and wasting my time.   This is way more interesting than expected.  Thanks.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Blue tool does look like a kinda crappy shotgun bore choke key. Yellow looks like a sight tool as has been mentioned, and may double as a handcuff double lock. Green seems to be a seatbelt cutter.

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
The small one isn't brass by any chance is it? If so, it might be a scraper. But I do think it's just a small flathead.

Offline Greg Diamond

The cuff key isn't removable.  Its all steel, no brass.  The small one isn't shaped right to be a Flathead.
small.jpg
* small.jpg (Filesize: 81.77 KB)

Offline Greg Diamond

Also, in the attachable components is this piece. I don't know what it could be used for.  It is not an extender. Any ideas?  Thanks again.
small 1.jpg
* small 1.jpg (Filesize: 117.74 KB)
rsz_20180118_010933_2sssmmaallll.jpg
* rsz_20180118_010933_2sssmmaallll.jpg (Filesize: 57.13 KB)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:16:26 AM by Greg Diamond »

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
I dunno, Lynn. The one between blue and green looks like a scraper, albiet not brass. The yellow one looks like a handcuff key double lock nub

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Also, in the attachable components is this piece. I don't know what it could be used for.  It is not an extender. Any ideas?  Thanks again.

Included in most bit kits. Nothing special

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Sorry. To expand on that, it is an adapter to allow use of regular sockets if I am not wrong

Offline Greg Diamond

The description from the link I found and posted above says that there is a "carbide glass breaker"  and a "file with scraping end."

Which is the glass breaker? or where?

And what is a "scraping end" on the file?

Thanks. 

"Needle nose pliers, knife blade, strap cutter, four tooth front sight adjustment for AR-15 / M-16, shotgun choke key, cuff key and double lock tool, carbide glass breaker, file with scraping end, saw blade. Carry pouch and 9 piece bit set included. Import."

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BMHK14443T/Heckler-and-Koch-14443T-Tactical-Multi-Tool-Nylon-Sheath
----small111.jpg
* ----small111.jpg (Filesize: 130.97 KB)

Offline Greg Diamond

The piece that seems standard in question doesn't fit, or work into any of the included parts as an adapter.  The "four tooth front sight adjustment for AR-15 / M-16" fits into the stainless steel cylinder attachment.  No idea... Unless its part of some sort of tool that would would purchase separately.  I am not seeing anything to hint at that though.   Thanks
3213213213213211111111111_LI.jpg
* 3213213213213211111111111_LI.jpg (Filesize: 56.16 KB)
2222222.jpg
* 2222222.jpg (Filesize: 114.17 KB)
3333333.jpg
* 3333333.jpg (Filesize: 81.59 KB)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:41:35 AM by Greg Diamond »

us Offline twiliter

• motionless wheel, nothing is real
The one you have circled in red appears to be a 6mm hex x 1/4" drive, a standard bit.  :salute:

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
H&K are German, so they more than likely use metric fasteners.  Including 3mm and 6mm hex bits makes sense.

The scraping end is for, um, scraping.  Use your imagination. :pok: :)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Welcome to :MTO :cheers: Glad you were able to get your answers :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
I found this thread too late...good show everyone.  :tu:

Greg Diamond, I feel I need to apologize as I think I have posted this older thread a few times lately into different threads in this forum...but I feel it might be of some use to you. I made this thread 3 years ago, in which I went through my collection and posted photos and some info on every weapon centric multi-tool I had, including those for the military, hunters, etc.

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,57044.0.html

:salute:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:12:23 PM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Offline Greg Diamond

Thanks everyone.  Guess I try one more question before this thread gets buried:

Which is the glass breaker?
5555.jpg
* 5555.jpg (Filesize: 97.86 KB)
44444.jpg
* 44444.jpg (Filesize: 95.13 KB)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:27:37 PM by Greg Diamond »

us Offline twiliter

Usually a glass breaker is solidly mounted to the body of the tool somewhere, not on a folding piece, and many of them are pieces of pointy carbide embedded into a solid part of the tool. I don't see anything obvious from the photos, but maybe look for something like that?

Offline Greg Diamond

There is nothing that is attached to the main body, except the pliers head.  Its gotta be an attachment or a mis-advertisement.
20180118_114633.22222222222.jpg
* 20180118_114633.22222222222.jpg (Filesize: 64.06 KB)

* 20180118_114625-11111111.jpg (Filesize: 62.21 KB)
20180118_115003-3333333333.jpg
* 20180118_115003-3333333333.jpg (Filesize: 50.35 KB)

us Offline twiliter

Probably the latter. I have no doubt it could break glass, but so could the nearest rock.  :salute:

us Offline twiliter

Also, most MTs or knives with glass breakers don't come with gloves, please dont attempt to break glass with a small handheld tool without them. I think the mfg's should be required to include them if they state glass breaking capability, including the Vic Rescue Tool. Asking for a bloody mess in my opinion.

Here's the tail cap on my Maglite 3D, I have modded it a little. I like something bigger to break glass so my hands aren't in it. I have only used it to access abandoned structures, but it's safer than using my pocket tool.  :salute:

us Offline twiliter

A 30" crowbar is also an amazing access tool.  :D

Offline Greg Diamond

I would have tried to break glass without gloves in an emergency.  Unsettling incite into my lack of common sense.  Thanks.

“No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”  -H.L. Mencken

us Offline twiliter

I would have tried to break glass without gloves in an emergency.  Unsettling incite into my lack of common sense.  Thanks.

“No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.”  -H.L. Mencken

I didn't mean you specifically.  ;)

But the air travel emergency protocol applies, put your oxygen mask on first, then help others. It's not easy to keep one's head in an emergency, and the EMTs are usually pretty busy to also have to patch up a bleeding rescuer, but it does happen all the time!  :D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:14:08 PM by twiliter »

us Offline ColoSwiss

Welcome aboard!   :cheers:

On a somewhat related note; HK USP and a couple of Vics.

IMG_6775.JPG
* IMG_6775.JPG (Filesize: 66.38 KB)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44