Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ruined

Butch · 58 · 2094

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Ruined
on: January 18, 2018, 08:14:12 PM
Oct 28 2017, the date of my downfall. I was happily retired not a care in the world. Then that dadblasted insturment of chaos and destruction, the telephone rang, and it all went to heckydern. My young son Douglas was on the other end and all proud of himself, which I thought was great, over being insturmental in getting a SAK of the year going. At least that is what I thought at the time.
 As I said I was retired and really did not need a SAK anymore but I sill had 3 Swisschamps. All were in need of some repair but all were still useable. After talking to Doug for awhile I decided to go to this website he was telling me about..........now what was the name of that place........oh yeah MTo. Google found it without a problem.
I started looking around and before I realized it I had signed on as a member and was sinking fast into the world of SAKs & Multitools. Before long I decided that being a full fledged SAKknight I needed to get all my Swisschamps fixed, so they were packaged up and was off to the Vic spa  for diet and exercise to get them back in shape. Now it has been well documented elsewhere on this forum that I have been carrying Swisschamps since 16 1/2 years before Noah sailed to America on the Nina, The Pinta, and the Santa Maria. That created all kinds of problems because I started falling into withdrawl symptoms, that led to the infamous CAK incident It took about a month but all three of my champs came home looking like new.
 But in the meantime I had ordered a MTo Pioneer x, Then another Ebay Swisschamp Then A wounded warrior Swisschamp,a pair of Wounded Warrior fieldmasters, another Swisschamp, a Vic Skipper, a 58mm rover, a 58mm signature, a Swisstool, more Swisschamps, Swisschamps are really the only SAKs that intrest me. I couldn't get into something a little cheaper, like a classic or something..............OMG..........IS THERE NO STOPPING PLACE???????

Now dont get me wrong, I think MTo is a great place, and filled with wonderful folks, but YOU PEOPLE ARE A TERRIBLE INFLUENCE ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have got to stop this..........right after I order that Swisschamp
 Warhawk I just spotted.     :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:44:20 PM by Butch »
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Ruined
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 08:20:36 PM
We're all a bad influence on each other...

We're the mutual mind, receiving orders from a greater force then ourselves...
:assimilate:

That's why I love you guys
:hug:

nl Offline EMZ

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 08:22:53 PM
You are just one lucky man!! Because your love is only for the SwissChamp. Many other man have love for ALL Vic's and Wengers. Their condition is far worse...  :cheers:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 08:35:56 PM
Oh, how I wish I had only one SAK interest and that interest were the Classic. Used, TSA-confiscated, Classics. Mrs Nix would be mighty happy.

But, Butch, it's nice to see you dipping your toes into the 58mm realm. Have you tried a Classic?   :pok:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 08:37:37 PM

I agree.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 09:07:07 PM

I agree.

...second...ed!

Hey Butch...have I told you I've got a Swisschamp for sale...?  :whistle:

Only kidding... it's an Explorer....
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:10:29 PM by Fuzzbucket »

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 09:10:44 PM

I agree.

...second...ed!

Hey Butch...have I told you I've got a Swisschamp for sale...?  :whistle:

Only kidding... it's an Explorer....

What I said................ :facepalm:...........is it yellow? I dont have a yellow one yet....... :climber:

Orange with blue polkadots sounds interesting........ :pok: :pok:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:12:33 PM by Butch »
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 09:28:26 PM
I spent about 10 years carrying a SOG Crosscut, and was just SO happy with it. Then when the scissors started to dull, I went looking for the ultimate tool to replace it.

And... I found MTO.

And there goes all my money.

Today, I got a used, great condition Vic Huntsman in the mail. Monday, I got a Mountaineer and Fisherman in the mail, oh, and a Classic that slipped in for the ride. On the 8th, I got a Climber, Tinker, and Waiter.

But wait, there's MORE. On the 10th, I got a Colonial made Camp knife. On the 11th, I got a used Leatherman Micra, On the same day I got the Mountaineer and fisherman, I ALSO got a 1981 Camillus 'Demo' knife.

I have a new Vic Pioneer and German Army Knife on the way.

Those are just the KNIVES. Not counting the plier-based tools.

Hope, just HOPE that the madness sticks JUST to Swiss Army Knives, because once it spreads to plier based tools as well... kiss your life savings goodbuy.  :rofl:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 10:17:20 PM
I spent about 10 years carrying a SOG Crosscut, and was just SO happy with it. Then when the scissors started to dull, I went looking for the ultimate tool to replace it.

And... I found MTO.

And there goes all my money.

Today, I got a used, great condition Vic Huntsman in the mail. Monday, I got a Mountaineer and Fisherman in the mail, oh, and a Classic that slipped in for the ride. On the 8th, I got a Climber, Tinker, and Waiter.

But wait, there's MORE. On the 10th, I got a Colonial made Camp knife. On the 11th, I got a used Leatherman Micra, On the same day I got the Mountaineer and fisherman, I ALSO got a 1981 Camillus 'Demo' knife.

I have a new Vic Pioneer and German Army Knife on the way.

Those are just the KNIVES. Not counting the plier-based tools.

Hope, just HOPE that the madness sticks JUST to Swiss Army Knives, because once it spreads to plier based tools as well... kiss your life savings goodbuy.  :rofl:

life savings???????????wazat???????????I dont think I have that model Swisschamp........ :gimme: :gimme: :gimme: :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :drink:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 10:26:45 PM
Butch, you've only been here since October? It feels like much longer. :whistle:

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 10:53:47 PM
You're only getting started!

In addition to the Swiss Champ, there's the SC XL,SC XLT, SC XAVT, etc.

Also a variety of other Swiss Champs, stag, mother of pearl, wood, etc.

(Enablers are Us!    :D )

IMG_6860.JPG
* IMG_6860.JPG (Filesize: 41.59 KB)
IMG_1225.JPG
* IMG_1225.JPG (Filesize: 142.7 KB)
IMG_2750.JPG
* IMG_2750.JPG (Filesize: 74.58 KB)

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 11:00:13 PM
Butch, you've only been here since October? It feels like much longer. :whistle:

Oct 28, it was almost November. By the time next Oct rolls around I'll be in debtors prison.........sigh....... :facepalm:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 11:01:27 PM
You're only getting started!

In addition to the Swiss Champ, there's the SC XL,SC XLT, SC XAVT, etc.

Also a variety of other Swiss Champs, stag, mother of pearl, wood, etc.

(Enablers are Us!    :D )

see dats whut I'm talkin' 'bout.......... :drink: :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline ColoSwiss

Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 11:11:16 PM
More temptations!   :D

IMG_7035.JPG
* IMG_7035.JPG (Filesize: 69.64 KB)
IMG_1229.JPG
* IMG_1229.JPG (Filesize: 101.32 KB)
IMG_5561.JPG
* IMG_5561.JPG (Filesize: 187.05 KB)
IMG_9309.JPG
* IMG_9309.JPG (Filesize: 53.66 KB)

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 11:29:55 PM
More temptations!   :D

nice...... :like:

sigh........... :facepalm: :bnghd:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline LoopCutter

Reply #15 on: January 19, 2018, 01:17:23 AM
I hear you. 
Today, stop at a big box hardware to use the rest room, walked by knife display, and they had more in this small town than the same store near me.
Had s Diesel for 49$ and an MP400 for $34. Also, every item -15% If fits in their green recycle bag.
For less than $30 I got a MP400 that I did not need, but gosh it is a cutie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I start and end the day above ground, it is a good day!

Hope yours is as good!

A SMART man always knows what to say!
   A WISE man knows whether or not to say it!!!

id Offline jaya_man

• Global Moderator
Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 01:40:18 AM
We are all enablers here... Black Belt enablers at that...Here’s a jargon everybody might only know subconsciously... MTEO.... That’s Multi Tool Enablers Organization... :lol:

If your going to dip yourself into 58mm, might as well go for the Minichamp...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 01:52:39 AM
YOU PEOPLE ARE A TERRIBLE INFLUENCE ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome!  :D
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline FolderBeholder

Reply #18 on: January 19, 2018, 02:01:41 AM
YOU PEOPLE ARE A TERRIBLE INFLUENCE ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome!  :D

That reminds me of:
https://youtu.be/79DijItQXMM
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: January 19, 2018, 02:08:19 AM
Unfortunately Butch, you have gone down the path of never ending SAK collecting! There is no end! ( at least not in my case :D)
Send In the spartans

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 02:30:49 AM
See, awl you folks ain't helpin' the problem at awl.............well you are helpin' the problem, but that is jest pushin' me farther down the rabbit hole :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :think:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 03:21:32 AM
Butch,
When you first joined, it was so cool that a Father-Son  team was on MT.o, with your son Douglas.
But, during the CAK-gate(tm) scandal, I did not think you would stay on MT.o for long. BUT! You took the ribbing like a gentleman and ended up reunited with your beloved Champs after some time.
Fast forward to now and most look forward to reading about your Vics and history with the Champs! Did this site contribute to your expanding SAK collection? Yes.
Is collecting beautiful/useful knives a bad habit? I think not. As some members of my family have said about my MT collecting: "He could be doing worse". :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:22:34 AM by gerleatherberman »
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 03:32:05 AM
Butch,
When you first joined, it was so cool that a Father-Son  team was on MT.o, with your son Douglas.
But, during the CAK-gate(tm) scandal, I did not think you would stay on MT.o for long. BUT! You took the ribbing like a gentleman and ended up reunited with your beloved Champs after some time.
Fast forward to now and most look forward to reading about your Vics and history with the Champs! Did this site contribute to your expanding SAK collection? Yes.
Is collecting beautiful/useful knives a bad habit? I think not. As some members of my family have said about my MT collecting: "He could be doing worse". :rofl:

There really is more to the CAK story than meets the eye. Douglas knows it, maybe you can get him to tell you about his old onery pappy............ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh and thank you for the kind words. :tu:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:36:00 AM by Butch »
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 03:43:25 AM
Butch,

There really is more to the CAK story than meets the eye. Douglas knows it, maybe you can get him to tell you about his old onery pappy............ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh and thank you for the kind words. :tu:

You're welcomed, Butch!  :)

Now, maybe Douglas can fill us in on the unknown details regarding CAK-gate! :gimme:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: January 19, 2018, 03:51:36 AM
See, awl you folks ain't helpin' the problem at awl.............well you are helpin' the problem, but that is jest pushin' me farther down the rabbit hole :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :think:

:rofl:  It's worse than I thought! Incorperating SAK terminology in discussions! :ahhh :ahhh :D It's a fun hobby though Butch, and like my dad says, "It's cheaper than collecting guns!". :tu:
Send In the spartans

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 03:59:35 AM

:rofl:  It's worse than I thought! Incorperating SAK terminology in discussions! :ahhh :ahhh :D It's a fun hobby though Butch, and like my dad says, "It's cheaper than collecting guns!". :tu:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.........there is more to that story too......... :whistle:
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

us Offline Spartan19

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: January 19, 2018, 04:20:22 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.........there is more to that story too......... :whistle:

It happens to the best of us!  ::)
Send In the spartans

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #27 on: January 19, 2018, 04:29:56 AM
 :D It sure does!!! :facepalm:
Barry

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #28 on: January 19, 2018, 04:36:36 AM
I don't get what the title refers to, your bank account, self control, small sak collection or all of the above  :rofl:

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #29 on: January 19, 2018, 04:54:06 AM
 :popcorn:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%