Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

*sigh* just ordered another Crater...

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
*sigh* just ordered another Crater...
on: January 19, 2018, 06:13:50 AM
Couldn’t help myself. Bought another Crater33T.

Try one again and see if I like it better for work. I love my Pioneer X but a quick deploy blade would be great at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

de Offline leatherman-shop.de

Re: *sigh* just ordered another Crater...
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 10:22:21 AM
 :tu: Please do not to forget to share your experience with the new knife.
multitools for the one leaving nothing undone

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 12:03:58 PM
It will be great zrxoa ;) and yes do let us know how it goes :D

:popcorn:

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 10:45:20 PM
Finally came today. I was in a hurry when I left for work and forgot to bring some oil with me. Knife joints a bit stiff.

At least this one I can open the flat head driver. My last one I tried, the C33TX BO it was impossible to open the flat blade. Traded it off quickly.

This one will be in my pocket tonight. My PX is with me in case of any trouble. Haha

See how it goes!

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 11:16:18 PM
Finally came today. I was in a hurry when I left for work and forgot to bring some oil with me. Knife joints a bit stiff.

At least this one I can open the flat head driver. My last one I tried, the C33TX BO it was impossible to open the flat blade. Traded it off quickly.

This one will be in my pocket tonight. My PX is with me in case of any trouble. Haha

See how it goes!

(Image removed from quote.)

I really like the Crater knives (also liked the Expanse series, too bad they're discontinued ...  :(). 

Years ago I got my father a C33T, and even though he's not a knife/multitool fan, he likes it very much and always takes it with him when he goes for a hike or when he goes on vacation.

us Offline Glockfan

Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 12:44:59 AM

See how it goes!

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice knife! Congrats!

:like:

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 04:24:20 AM
Well it’s supper time at work. Used the knife to cut open some soy sauce packets and to cut open a bag of mini brownies for dessert. Sharp as all get out, no problems there!

Someone had an issue with the pocket clip being seen so I have had to drop the knife into my pocket tonight.   I don’t really like the feel of it like that, but I’ll keep carrying it to see. Might have to try a suspension clip.  One of my paracord clips.

I would LOVE to get someone to make a set of handles like those Laura Kampf did!!!  Those were gorgeous!!!

Definitely needs some oil in the pivots. Will do that after work tonight.

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 25, 2018, 08:06:01 AM
Went home after work yesterday and decided to look at alternate ways to carry the Crater besides the pocket clip...after the run in I had over having the clip showing.

I started by taking the clip off. Then I put the three screws back in the holes to keep gunk out.

After some playing I decided to put the clip back on. But the middle screw was stuck. It was actually turning the brass plug. I had to take the entire knife apart to fix it!  Argh!!!!

I ended up using my recently made paracord clip and attaching it to the swing out bottle opener.

Has seemed to work well and didn’t get in my way.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 09:23:35 PM
I think the Crater C33T is a great edc knife. I have all the different variations in the Crater series and I think they are an excellent value for the price.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%