Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Backpack with option to compartmentalize

Offline 84millimeter

Backpack with option to compartmentalize
on: January 19, 2018, 10:22:51 AM
Love my Vanquest Trident 20 for EDC as it has the ability to compartmentalize the contents. As a new father to twins, I would quite like another backpack to use when out and about, to avoid carrying my wife’s colourful baby bag! Is there an alternative to the vanquest, that has similar sectional possibilities? I am also considering sizing up to the trident 31 to allow me to carry everything.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Re: Backpack with option to compartmentalize
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 10:34:54 AM
Congratulations on the twins.  :D

In my experience (father of two boys aged 4 & 2) I found that a bag with a single large compartment with smaller bags inside is more useful for carrying baby stuff. Being able to remove and wash everything is very important. :ahhh

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 10:53:59 AM
Congratulations on the twins.  :D

In my experience (father of two boys aged 4 & 2) I found that a bag with a single large compartment with smaller bags inside is more useful for carrying baby stuff. Being able to remove and wash everything is very important. :ahhh

Congratulations and Chris is correct.
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 09:41:26 PM
... Chris is correct.

Not something you hear often. :D

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 01:22:59 AM
Well you have just moved house so the list of jobs to be done differs between you and your wife and your wife’s list isn’t written down, you are just supposed to know what’s on her list (lol been through it myself, the same as poo covered everything). :tu:
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates

nz Offline moonweasel

Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 09:51:49 AM
*experiences with one kid*

I just used the Condor version of that bag, not as sectional, more divided, if that makes sense. Only for the one kid, but I found I never really needed everything the better half always seemed to carry, and it was always more than enough bag for what I did carry. I suspect you may not really need the bigger bag once you find your feet with the twins.
Worst case is you get a bigger bag, that is still useful for other things

And now she is a bit older , I have gone smaller to my TBB Tactical Baby Bag (trademark pending) made from the sidepack from a Karimoor pack, and shoulder straps/webbing.

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 12:36:52 PM
Well you have just moved house so the list of jobs to be done differs between you and your wife and your wife’s list isn’t written down, you are just supposed to know what’s on her list (lol been through it myself, the same as poo covered everything). :tu:

Yeah, apparently tidying the garage and sorting my tools isn't high on her priority list. ::)

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 12:49:20 PM

Yeah, apparently tidying the garage and sorting my tools isn't high on her priority list. ::)

Who'd have thought that?  :drink:

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 04:10:26 AM
How about something like a 5 gallon/20L bucket with pack straps? There are a couple of companies that make the straps, add your own bucket. Plenty of space for all their stuff and a twin.

Although my advice in these matters is questionable.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%