Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Has there ever been a 30 day Crunch Challenge?

zrxoa1 · 16 · 1053

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Has there ever been a 30 day Crunch Challenge?
on: January 21, 2018, 09:30:30 AM
Didn’t see anything in a search...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
Re: Has there ever been a 30 day Crunch Challenge?
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 11:18:07 AM
Oh if I’d have a Crunch I’d do this one
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 02:42:51 PM
That could be a good challenge  :like:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 03:48:36 PM
I've never participatedd in any challenges but I might this one. My crunch feels no love and it would be good to see what it can handle on a edc basis.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 04:17:37 PM
I have never saw one either :think: but I did miss several of the early ones :whistle:

Would be an awesome challenge to watch and if at a time I haven't already committed to another ::) I might be persuaded to try this one as well :think: :tu: :like:

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 06:38:04 PM
Well, I am playing with the Crunch today. Had to take tool set out and fix. We’re loose. Got that fixed but now I find the tool itself is loose. Trying to carry in pocket with a suspension clip but the tool keeps coming open. I have put a strap around it to keep it closed in my pocket. :-(

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 09:51:19 PM
Well I’d have to say I have no interest in a 30 day challenge with the Crunch.

I carried it today while we were out. I used a suspension clip and carried it in my right front pocket. That was fine. Being there didn’t bother me. What DID was that the tool will not stay closed in my pocket. When I try to pull it out it opens and gets stuck. The strap I was trying to use just slides off.

Secondly, it takes far too much time to access something as simple as the knife blade. I needed to cut something and it took forever to accomplish.

I have a Crater 33T coming. Be here tomorrow I think. Quick reply blade using the back side flipper. Tools for most needs. Light weight. I think it will displace my beloved Pioneer X (which displaced my enormously beloved Wenger SI...) as my EDC go to tool.

Sorry. I really don’t see a lot of Crunch time in my future. It will set in my kitchen drawer, already open, ready to use like any other Vise Grip pliers.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 07:48:51 AM
I quite liked the Crunch but traded it for a fixed blade cause knives make me happy.

I don't recall anyone doing an official challenge with it.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 10:45:26 AM
I quite liked the Crunch but traded it for a fixed blade cause knives make me happy.

I don't recall anyone doing an official challenge with it.
+1 - I quite liked it too, but passed it on to Kev Davey as I wasn't using it at all. Lovely engineering and all, but not a patch on my MP400.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • I brake for cake
Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 10:51:09 AM
I reckon I could make it work as my only tool, though picking apple skin out of the kids' teeth could be exciting. :dwts:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 03:33:53 PM

I have a Crater 33T coming. Be here tomorrow I think. Quick reply blade using the back side flipper. Tools for most needs. Light weight. I think it will displace my beloved Pioneer X (which displaced my enormously beloved Wenger SI...) as my EDC go to tool.

Sorry. I really don’t see a lot of Crunch time in my future. It will set in my kitchen drawer, already open, ready to use like any other Vise Grip pliers.

if I had to choose I'd carry...both  :D

no, they are completely different tools for different tasks.
The Crater, as good as it is, has no pliers or jaws, so if you need those, you are screwed. But if you're screwed the Crater's screwdrivers will do the job, they're that good  :rofl:

now seriously, I wouldn't put them in the same category. And, FWIW, my Crater's flipper never worked at all, not even partially. It was a thumbstud-opening only   :whistle:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 09:07:37 PM
The entire reason I stopped carrying my old Wave at my new job (well, started in 2006...) is because I’ve not once needed it. All I do is drive cars around or buy them at the plant and toss on stickers and mats in the trunk.

I need a quick acting knife and very rarely a screwdriver or scissors.   I could really use a nail file as I seem to chip mine a lot.

So I switched to a few knives, tactical looking assisted openers. Made folks “nervous”. They don’t like knives. So I switched to the Wenger SI. Surely no one can be scared of that??!!  But I needed scissors at times, so the switch to the Pioneer X.  It has done me very well. I wish I had a file on it. Maybe some day...

Anyway, I thought I’d give the Crater a shot. I have two others, the C33X and a C33.  I used to have the C33TX but traded it off to a guy at work for two Marlboro edition PSTs. One still new in box!!  Haha!!

But the Crunch just isn’t going to work for me for edc. I’ve used it at home and will continue to do so.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 10:03:41 PM
The SwissCard Nailcare is worth a look. Carries nicely in the wallet and pairs very well with an alox like the SI.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 11:20:54 AM

(Image removed from quote.)

The Crater, as good as it is, has no pliers or jaws, so if you need those, you are screwed. But if you're screwed the Crater's screwdrivers will do the job, they're that good  :rofl:

now seriously, I wouldn't put them in the same category. And, FWIW, my Crater's flipper never worked at all, not even partially. It was a thumbstud-opening only   :whistle:

Peacent!

You carry all of that lovely, quality hardware and then use a 90 cent throwaway Bic lighter?!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 04:46:17 PM

Peacent!

You carry all of that lovely, quality hardware and then use a 90 cent throwaway Bic lighter?!

My excuse is that I don't smoke

and I have even cheaper lighters    :whistle:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 12:39:54 AM
I'm a go for a Crunch Challenge. Now I'd have to carry my Wave or Charge with it because work but I could get along with this challenge. AV installs and construction could see a lot of use for a Crunch day in day out.

Crunch! by Jason Downs, on Flickr

Crunch! by Jason Downs, on Flickr
:like:    :MTO:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31