Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ruike LD41-B

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Ruike LD41-B
on: January 23, 2018, 03:48:04 AM
Hi all,
A while back, someone here mentioned it, or one of its variations and commented on the build quality.  This got me curious, so when I had the chance, I ordered one.  It came today, and I must say I'm impressed.  The fit and finish, and build quality seems pretty close to a Vic SAK.  Everything has that polished look, and all tools are solid, and snap solidly.

The knife is thick and solid.  The scissors and pliers have the lever type movement like Wenger's.  The scissors seem good, and cut through my belt with relative ease.  The pliers are very similar to a SAK's, but a tiny bit larger.  The awl is sharp, and very pointy.  It drilled a hole in my belt easily.  Phillips driver looks good, but haven't tried it out yet.  The cap lifter is similar to Vic's, but has a couple holes in it for wire bending.  The belt cutter is very sharp.  It also has a corkscrew, and nice tweezers that are larger and a bit sturdier feeling than a SAK's.  It also has a glass breaker at the bottom end.  The handles are G10 I believe.

It is rather bulky and heavy, but has a pocket clip to help with that.  It weighs in at 8.2oz, which is pretty hefty, but it feels very solid overall, and there is a lot of functionality.  It seems similar to a large SAK really, which makes it tough to carry in place of a plier based MT.  I've been carrying the CRKT Bivy mostly over the past several weeks though as it has a oho blade and oho pliers.  This tool lacks the oho pliers feature, plus the pliers aren't anything like MT pliers.  This hurts it a bit for me, but honestly I rarely have use for MT pliers.

While the beefy tweezer type pliers, bulk and weight are slight cons for me, I'm going to carry this for a while to see how it does for me.  I look forward to any thoughts, and if anyone else has one.  I don't think it's a widely known item, but it is great quality as far as I can tell, and would ve a great EDC item for anyone who doesn't require a pliers based MT. 

Proud SAKMC member :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:50:34 AM by Monrogue »
K-Tibbs

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Re: Ruike LD41-B
Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 03:52:14 AM
Interesting, looks pretty robust and I do like the spring arrangement for the scissors and the pliers.

I hope that belt cutter locks in place because I wouldn't want it folding in my finger  :ahhh
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 06:03:18 AM
good job, any idea what the holes on the bottle opener are for?

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 06:06:50 AM
Interesting, looks pretty robust and I do like the spring arrangement for the scissors and the pliers.

I hope that belt cutter locks in place because I wouldn't want it folding in my finger  :ahhh
It is fairly robust, but the belt cutter doesn't lock.  That is a con I forgot to mention.  I wish it had a little thumb stud to make it oho as well, given it seems like an emergency type blade.  It does snap into place fairly solid though.

K-Tibbs

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 11:04:34 AM
I've got an L41 I wrote a review for,  I'll post it later today. Glad to see someone else had tried the Ruike tools.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 11:20:11 AM
looks like good solid tool, built with quality and good materials.  :tu:
Thanks for the review
Even though it has a pocket clip, it's really heavy. That's about a Wave weight, right?  :ahhh
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 03:08:20 PM
good job, any idea what the holes on the bottle opener are for?
Thanks!  Those are for wire bending according to the paper it came with.

K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 03:11:11 PM
I've got an L41 I wrote a review for,  I'll post it later today. Glad to see someone else had tried the Ruike tools.
 (Image removed from quote.)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Oh cool!  Yeah, I hadn't heard of them until someone here happened to mention one.  I can't remember who, but I don't think it was you as the one mentioned was like mine I think.  I'm glad I got it though.  I am pleasantly surprised by it.

K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 03:15:13 PM
looks like good solid tool, built with quality and good materials.  :tu:
Thanks for the review
Even though it has a pocket clip, it's really heavy. That's about a Wave weight, right?  :ahhh
It is indeed solid quality, but it is indeed hefty as well.  Yes, it is pretty close to the Wave in weight.  That is a drawback as the Wave, or any similar pliers based MT,  offers a bit more functionality.  The tools on this are good though, but like I said, it's more like a large SAK with a oho blade.

K-Tibbs

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 03:20:43 PM
Thinking about it, it reminds me a lot of the Boker Plus Tech-Tool
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 04:02:58 PM
There aren't many reviews on their tools, I was looking for them a while ago but only found videos in German. I can't wait to hear your opinions after it get some more pocket time.

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 04:11:55 PM
I haven't checked that out, so I may have to sometime.  Damn this place

K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 04:15:36 PM
There aren't many reviews on their tools, I was looking for them a while ago but only found videos in German. I can't wait to hear your opinions after it get some more pocket time.
Oh really?  Yeah, I'm going to give it some time and see how it works for me.  I have no doubts that it will perform well based on the quality.  I'm not a heavy user though, and the main potential issue for me is the plier situation.  Carrying this and a SAK leaves me with no real MT pliers, but like I mentioned, I rarely really need them anyway. 

K-Tibbs

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 04:18:01 PM
I just looked these up on Amazon, and you're right.  They appear nearly identical, although I didn't see any oho blade version of the Boker.

K-Tibbs

wales Offline hiraethus

• Admin Team
  • I brake for cake
Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 04:21:05 PM

I believe Sanrenmu make these for Ruike as well as the Boker Tech Tools.  There's a smaller version too.  See also:
Here's a page with lots of pictures of Sanrenmu variants (scroll down).  It seems there's a smaller keyring version too (the 6xx model numbers)
http://www.cnccw.com/?product-2386.html

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 04:30:15 PM

I believe Sanrenmu make these for Ruike as well as the Boker Tech Tools.  There's a smaller version too.  See also:
Here's a page with lots of pictures of Sanrenmu variants (scroll down).  It seems there's a smaller keyring version too (the 6xx model numbers)
http://www.cnccw.com/?product-2386.html

Well that answers that then  :salute:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 02:19:32 AM
Victorious over a couple large cardboard boxes

K-Tibbs

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 02:57:40 AM
Great review Mons :like: and a tool I had not really heard much about :salute: :tu:

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 04:02:35 AM
Great review Mons :like: and a tool I had not really heard much about :salute: :tu:
Thanks man, and yeah, if it wasn't for this place, I probably would not have heard of it either.

K-Tibbs

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 05:51:41 AM
ok, thx thats what I thought they were for, looks like a decent tool. I kinda wish manufactures would use a different material then G10 as its kinda uncomfortable when your playing with the knife, like these ganzo G10 with axis locks, its fun to flip open/closed but it starts to hurt after awhile, so I'm not sure how it would be on a sak type knife, but if the price is right may try it.

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: January 24, 2020, 05:15:05 PM
The boker tech tool and the ruike M-series knives are the same size. And ruike makes the boker, but you can get ruike knives in configurations not offered by Boker. The LD-series from Ruike is larger, and come with an OHO blade in the us, and without the thumb stud or cutout in the scale in Europe.

Charles.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #21 on: January 24, 2020, 07:21:26 PM
I got the LD51-B

It's good, but not without issues.
Pliers are like Wenger scissors. When closing the two jaws, the whole thing moves.
Pliers are loose. Lots of play.
Scissors do not have a wide handle for your thumb to push down on, like Victorinox or the Surge. Kind of painful to use.
Liner-lock was at 110% out of the box.

And the cut-outs on the reamer for wire-stripping and spoke wrench annoy me. Why weaken a beautiful in-line reamer with those? Who cares about the spoke wrench, and put the wire-stripper notch somewhere else.

But lots of stuff I like on it. And the angled serrated blade is larger than that of the smaller models. And cuts straps well.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%