Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lets talk about firearms and air guns.

Chako · 133 · 9088

00 Offline Swiss Reformer

Re: Lets talk about firearms and air guns.
Reply #90 on: June 11, 2018, 02:23:37 AM
Well, I couldn't resist.  I'd love it if someone came out with a 9mm re-issue, but that's not likely going to happen  :)  so I pulled the trigger on the Umarex version, which I found at Amazon!  Arrives tomorrow, so I'll post a 'range report' soon.

I started shooting pistols over 3 years ago, and during an internet snooping/shopping session a couple of years ago I saw an air gun version old German Luger.  Functioned just as the real ones did in that you have to rack the slide to shoot, and each time you fire it behaves just as the 9mm version does.

Tried to order back then but was unsuccessful.  I think one online store was in Canada and wouldn't ship to the USA.

Seeing this topic is going to get me searching again, haha.

us Offline Captain Hook

• Don't read this......You rebel you ;)
Reply #91 on: June 11, 2018, 05:27:29 AM
Nice! I've had pump pellet guns but never CO2. Maybe you'll get lucky looking for one at a gun show, all kinds of stuff at a through them.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:29:18 AM by _MattGyver_ »
~Formerly _MattGyver_ ~

Reply #92 on: June 11, 2018, 05:36:33 AM
Yes,CO2 is a first for me, as well.  I had a bb rifle as a kid in the 70's, but that operated by cocking the lever - no CO2. 

Reply #93 on: June 12, 2018, 12:22:39 AM
Arrived in the mail today.  Look forward to shooting it...but first I have to figure out where to buy the CO2 cartridges!  Ha, never bought one before.  Shouldn't be too hard to find out, though.  I'll fire it here in the next couple of days and report.

20180611_171825_resized.jpg
* 20180611_171825_resized.jpg (Filesize: 248.19 KB)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #94 on: June 12, 2018, 12:44:40 AM
Most places that sell the ammunition will also sell the CO2 cartridges.

I always liked the look of the Luger.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Reply #95 on: June 14, 2018, 05:56:07 PM
Thanks!  It figures, though.  I've been buying ammo for a good long while and never saw/noticed the CO2.  I'm not looking for it, of course, just thought I would have noticed them a *some* point   :P

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #96 on: June 14, 2018, 06:30:34 PM
I bought a co2 B.B. gun back in high school, still have it,, but one weekend I took a trip up to the farm with my best friend at the time, and I did something I shouldn’t have but couldn’t resist!
   My buddy was one room over and between rooms was like a window, but just a square cut in a wall, but he happened to bend over and pick something up :whistle: and well I just couldn’t resist, it was the perfect opportunity, about 25ft away right through that window, and someone’s butt was in perfect alignment, so I pulled the trigger! Bad thing was it was a fresh co2 :whistle: needless to say he stood straight up and very fast! At the same time I fell over cause I was laughing so hard! He couldn’t see me but I knew what I was in for, I finally got up and walked to him and ended up getting body checked into that wall/window, which one of the boards ended up breaking, but it was ooooh so worth it!!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #97 on: June 14, 2018, 06:52:41 PM
I bought a co2 B.B. gun back in high school, still have it,, but one weekend I took a trip up to the farm with my best friend at the time, and I did something I shouldn’t have but couldn’t resist!
   My buddy was one room over and between rooms was like a window, but just a square cut in a wall, but he happened to bend over and pick something up :whistle: and well I just couldn’t resist, it was the perfect opportunity, about 25ft away right through that window, and someone’s butt was in perfect alignment, so I pulled the trigger! Bad thing was it was a fresh co2 :whistle: needless to say he stood straight up and very fast! At the same time I fell over cause I was laughing so hard! He couldn’t see me but I knew what I was in for, I finally got up and walked to him and ended up getting body checked into that wall/window, which one of the boards ended up breaking, but it was ooooh so worth it!!
JR

I did that with one of these back in school. A very fat friend bending down about 12ft in front of me, it was a huge target and I didn't have a chance of resisting. He jumped a mile, twisted round and gave me the hardest kick in the nuts I've had to this day. I still believe it was worth it. :D

G-10 air pistol. I think practically every school boy in the UK had one of these at some point. At least in my day. :) I had 3 of them I think.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #98 on: June 14, 2018, 09:18:45 PM
JR

I did that with one of these back in school. A very fat friend bending down about 12ft in front of me, it was a huge target and I didn't have a chance of resisting. He jumped a mile, twisted round and gave me the hardest kick in the nuts I've had to this day. I still believe it was worth it. :D

(Image removed from quote.)

G-10 air pistol. I think practically every school boy in the UK had one of these at some point. At least in my day. :) I had 3 of them I think.
Lol, he yelled, not from the pain in that fact his face was so stiff, but yelled cause he was trying to find me and told me not to be chicken and come out yet I was just laying on the floor laughing on the other side of the window.. but when I got up and stepped through the window he charged at me while I was still laughing, and tackled me in which I got slammed into that window cutout, which broke the wood and I hit the floor again still laughing. Sooooo worth it! Yet 30min later we were both laughing our butts off enjoying a sunset and some junk food talking about what happened,
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #99 on: June 14, 2018, 09:28:45 PM
Here’s a pic of that B.B. gun.
JR

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #100 on: June 16, 2018, 01:21:39 AM
I somehow ended up with two of these...sold at Fort St. Joseph Historical Park. One was bought a few years ago, and the other just recently for someone who didn't want it. What do you do with two wooden muskets...why make a nice wall display of course. Not a firearm or an air gun...but these fit in here somewhat.  :D

wales Offline Smashie

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Smurf it!
Reply #101 on: June 16, 2018, 01:39:10 AM
I’ve got. A few CO2 pistols, but this is my baby. It took me 5 years to find one in this condition i.e. perfect.

It was my first air pistol when I was 13 and it is the Original 6M match pistol. Now for the astute you’d realise that in 1983 there were no PCP pistols. So this is a fully recoilless spring pistol. Now satisfy the curious it has a single spring with a piston at either end. The forward piston propels the pellet, the rear piston vents through two ports above the grip (one on each side).

One of the pictures it looks a bit odd as it has a cocking grip to stop you impaling your hand on the foresight.

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #102 on: June 05, 2021, 02:11:03 PM
[ALEPHZERO USES THREAD NECRO][IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!]

Lately I've gotten into replica airguns...

Here's a couple I have at the moment:

Swiss Arms 1911 Tactical Rail:

Chiappa Charging Rhino Limited Edition:

Both are in 4.5mm, 1911 shoots steel BBs, Rhino both BBs and pellets
"Hoarder of weirdness,
Always posting random things,
I'm AlephZero" :ninja:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #103 on: June 05, 2021, 05:19:52 PM
I have always been curious about the Rhino. I had for a time back in 2015 seriously considered buying one. My sensed came to me and I realized I already have too many firearms and other thngs.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #104 on: June 05, 2021, 07:47:28 PM
I have always been curious about the Rhino. I had for a time back in 2015 seriously considered buying one. My sensed came to me and I realized I already have too many firearms and other thngs.

Maybe you can get the CO2 Rhino then, it's quite a new thing, 2020 something  :)
"Hoarder of weirdness,

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #105 on: June 05, 2021, 11:11:29 PM
 That is always a possibility. I know I was looking at one in 357 magnum.

us Offline tattoosteve99

Reply #106 on: June 07, 2021, 04:11:02 AM
Last year I finally bought a nice air rifle. It’s not a top of the line but it clearly does what it needs to. It’s a kral puncher breaker silent all black with synthetic stock. Quite heavy but sturdy. I did a lot of research before buying one and already have some nice upgrades on it. The hardest is the regulator which I have yet to install  :whistle: lol  I’m stoked to be back among the tribe of MTO once again. Took a very long break to get my head and life in a better place. Good to see you here chako  :cheers:  :salute:
If I remember correctly, wait, what was I saying?

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #107 on: June 07, 2021, 06:08:45 AM
Likewise.  :tu:

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #108 on: June 07, 2021, 09:16:53 AM
Another Rhino admirer reporting! I mean, it is a  revolver, Italian, innovative design and packs a punch, what's not to like!
I know a high level IPSC revo guy down here who exchanged his PC Smith into one and  I'm waiting to see it in action.

Meanwhile I've been thinking of getting the airsoft or pellet version either for some training or just for fun. They just not that readily available,
I think the launch was delayed and supply is still a bit thin

by this axe I rule

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #109 on: June 07, 2021, 09:54:53 AM
Another Rhino admirer reporting! I mean, it is a  revolver, Italian, innovative design and packs a punch, what's not to like!
I know a high level IPSC revo guy down here who exchanged his PC Smith into one and  I'm waiting to see it in action.

Meanwhile I've been thinking of getting the airsoft or pellet version either for some training or just for fun. They just not that readily available,
I think the launch was delayed and supply is still a bit thin

TacticalStore in Sweden had plenty when I got mine less than a month ago, both Airsoft and 4.5mm.
"Hoarder of weirdness,

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #110 on: June 07, 2021, 01:50:01 PM
That is always a possibility. I know I was looking at one in 357 magnum.

357 is fun to reload. So many options.

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #111 on: June 07, 2021, 05:05:24 PM
TacticalStore in Sweden had plenty when I got mine less than a month ago, both Airsoft and 4.5mm.
Thanks! I'll check them out

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

by this axe I rule

Offline Wolf001

• New User
Reply #112 on: September 29, 2021, 04:55:47 PM
Unreal weapons you have in your assortment. I like it very much. I was impressed with the Benjamin Classic .22 caliber single shot air rifle. It looks very prestigious and expensive. I would put the best spotting scope, preferably with night vision. Not sure if night vision sights are allowed in California, though. However, as long as there is no infrared light source, owning and operating your NVD is legal. I have a tremendous desire to purchase this rifle and hope to do so soon. What are your aspirations? I wish them soon)

zoid edit to remove link.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 09:50:26 PM by zoidberg »

us Offline Farmer X

• Master of the unexciting
Reply #113 on: September 29, 2021, 05:48:55 PM
Not sure if night vision sights are allowed in California, though.
There doesn't seem to be an outright prohibition on them. However, that could vary widely between counties and cities. Naturally, I encourage you to research it on your own and not merely take my word as gospel truth.
USN 2000-2006

Afflicted with Alox-Pox and seeking the cure: more Alox!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #114 on: September 29, 2021, 06:44:32 PM
 :iagree: Even then who knows  :dunno:
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #115 on: September 29, 2021, 08:58:40 PM
We have been shooting these frangible BB's lately.  They are less pollutive than lead pellets and, since they explode on contact, there are no ricochets to worry about.

Def
16329418424720.jpg
* 16329418424720.jpg (Filesize: 122.92 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #116 on: September 29, 2021, 09:04:50 PM
Interesting.  Never heard of them.  Now I shall go have a look.  Thank you. 
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #117 on: September 29, 2021, 10:18:45 PM
They are pretty cool.  I rather enjoy them, and, they are lead free, which is nice.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

fi Offline AlephZero

• Smurf smash!
Reply #118 on: March 12, 2022, 10:10:28 AM
I'll see your frangible BB's and raise you russian explosive pellets  :D

* s-l1600.jpg (Filesize: 170.87 KB)
"Hoarder of weirdness,

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #119 on: March 12, 2022, 12:35:27 PM
Why do I want to try those so bad? Never seen exploding pellets before.  :gimme:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69