Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Will you be buying the new PST?

EZrider · 103 · 6165

Poll

Who is giving up their hard earned dollars for an overpriced tool?

Limited Edition
1 (1.9%)
Collectors Edition
2 (3.8%)
Both
3 (5.7%)
Neither
47 (88.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: February 02, 2018, 08:58:43 AM

za Offline EZrider

Re: Will you be buying the new PST?
Reply #30 on: January 26, 2018, 03:59:48 PM
Ok
Quick heads up

Just received a reply from whitby&Co, LM importers here in the UK

These are due mid Febuary at HH & Outdoor365.
Price is £249

Just sent a email to HH asking to confirm.

Yes, the price is outrageous, no one is forcing me to buy and if I didn't already have the 20th, 25th and 30th I wouldn't have touched this with a barge pole.
But this and if I should manage to find the damn Surge CC will be the only LM's I buy this year.

(I'm still looking out for the missing Wenger Rangers - that is my only commitment these days)

Congratulations on the insanity  :cheers:

Now click the am buying button on top, I am lonely up there!

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #31 on: January 26, 2018, 04:01:32 PM
I'm still looking for the legendary $1 PST.
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,1056.0.html

I would NOT pay $250 for one. I understand there's a fair chance that this thing could go up in value. That doesn't matter. I am incapable of buying a tool and NOT using it. So...

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: January 26, 2018, 04:10:39 PM

I would NOT pay $250 for one. I understand there's a fair chance that this thing could go up in value. That doesn't matter. I am incapable of buying a tool and NOT using it. So...

Say Lynn

That's fair do's
Each to their own.
I'll try and get one then put pennies away for the next in 5yrs time  :facepalm:

It's what makes the world go round huh  :think:
I don't claim to know it all, but what I do know is right.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #33 on: January 26, 2018, 04:10:52 PM
But this and if I should manage to find the damn Surge CC will be the only LM's I buy this year.

I tell Mrs. TG-24 the same thing everytime I'm planning on buying something ...  ;)

(I'm still looking out for the missing Wenger Rangers - that is my only commitment these days)

You Sir, have a great taste in knives ... I love the Wenger Rangers (only have 4 of them myself, and a lot of Vic Delemont Rangers, but they're just not the same ... :-\ ).  Which ones are you still looking for ? (not to derail this topic  :angel:)

So just to stay on topic, if I would own the 20th, 25th and 30th, I would try to get my hands on this 35th also, no doubt about it  :tu:.

za Offline EZrider

Reply #34 on: January 26, 2018, 04:12:50 PM

I tell Mrs. TG-24 the same thing everytime I'm planning on buying something ...  ;)

You Sir, have a great taste in knives ... I love the Wenger Rangers (only have 4 of them myself, and a lot of Vic Delemont Rangers, but they're just not the same ... :-\ ).  Which ones are you still looking for ? (not to derail this topic  :angel:)

So just to stay on topic, if I would own the 20th, 25th and 30th, I would try to get my hands on this 35th also, no doubt about it  :tu:.

That would just be greedy!
You already have one...

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #35 on: January 26, 2018, 04:17:17 PM

That would just be greedy!
You already have one...

That never stopped me before ...  :P

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: January 26, 2018, 04:30:03 PM
Are there two different editions of the new PST? I will not be buying one. This tool is manufactured, not hand made. There is not even extra perk like the high polish on the 25th anni Wave. If Tim engraves the tool himself, then there is some value to it, but still not that price. I don't think you can even resell it at that MSRP price on eBay later on. There is nothing special about it, except for LTG telling us it is special.

Now a question, will you do an even trade your new and latest PST with TL sig stamp for a used and oldest one with a Cabela's stamp?

All i need get my PST and ask Tim Leatherman sign it  DONE..  save my 300 dollars hahhaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Correct, meistro

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #37 on: January 26, 2018, 04:36:46 PM
well, we joke, but if they are selling for a $1000 in a few years we will all remember when we could have bought them new for $270..

LM does not release many LE, unlike Victorinox, and this is a special model, the father of modern Multitools afterall.

DKS, that's just it. These "factory limited editions" never really go up in value. That's like saying that Gold Series fully optioned Cadillac you bought in 1993 and 've kept in the garage along with its certificate of authenticity Is going to sell for five times the price in "a few years" and that's just bunk.

A United Nations or NATO version would probably go for more then this five years from now. Or the one those guys used to save thatt bear cub, if it could e authenticated. Or one that went up in space. There is an actual story behind that tool.

za Offline EZrider

Reply #38 on: January 26, 2018, 04:43:49 PM
well, we joke, but if they are selling for a $1000 in a few years we will all remember when we could have bought them new for $270..

LM does not release many LE, unlike Victorinox, and this is a special model, the father of modern Multitools afterall.

DKS, that's just it. These "factory limited editions" never really go up in value. That's like saying that Gold Series fully optioned Cadillac you bought in 1993 and 've kept in the garage along with its certificate of authenticity Is going to sell for five times the price in "a few years" and that's just bunk.

A United Nations or NATO version would probably go for more then this five years from now. Or the one those guys used to save thatt bear cub, if it could e authenticated. Or one that went up in space. There is an actual story behind that tool.

I’ve a feeling that most of us buying these aren’t speculating.
Top Gear isn’t selling even if you offered him double it’s worth and I would be hard pressed to sell any of my knife collection.
We want these because of what they are and, with very few being made, will probably end up being hard to find.

Ob1 and Top Gear cheated though, getting Tim to sign for them!!!

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #39 on: January 26, 2018, 04:47:26 PM

Top Gear isn’t selling even if you offered him double it’s worth and I would be hard pressed to sell any of my knife collection.
We want these because of what they are and, with very few being made, will probably end up being hard to find.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #40 on: January 26, 2018, 04:52:00 PM

I sense a slight form of jealousy here :pok:

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #41 on: January 26, 2018, 04:55:49 PM

Let the hated flow to you !!  >:D

za Offline EZrider

Reply #42 on: January 26, 2018, 05:36:22 PM

Guilty as charged  :cheers:

If anyone has a new in box PST, unsigned, I’ll make a fair offer!
I’ve been burned on eBay and their shipping to SA is sometimes silly.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #43 on: January 26, 2018, 05:37:02 PM

So the Victorinox LE pioneer costs the same now as they did when it was released 17 year ago?
here is one that sold:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Victorinox-Limited-Edition-2010-Damascus-Steel-Pioneer-Swiss-Army-Knife-/221532576664

We are no talking about a bad car (a Cadillac has very little appeal outside of the US) being tarted up.  Just like when you asked on what universe you can find PSTs at a reasonable cost, and a few of us pointed out some for sale, you need to check e.g. eBay (sold items) to get a better idea of how much these go for. You may be losing some good buying opportunities.

A Ganzo LE is not likely to go up in value but a LM, Victorinox LE has a very good potential to increase in value, especially when produced in small numbers.
Copper Alox knives were going for silly money not so long ago and they were not even that limited.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #44 on: January 26, 2018, 05:57:52 PM
Are there two different editions of the new PST? I will not be buying one. This tool is manufactured, not hand made. There is not even extra perk like the high polish on the 25th anni Wave. If Tim engraves the tool himself, then there is some value to it, but still not that price. I don't think you can even resell it at that MSRP price on eBay later on. There is nothing special about it, except for LTG telling us it is special.

Now a question, will you do an even trade your new and latest PST with TL sig stamp for a used and oldest one with a Cabela's stamp?

All i need get my PST and ask Tim Leatherman sign it  DONE..  save my 300 dollars hahhaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's what I would do. Aside from the price, I do not like the stamped signature. It looks lifeless. Two of these PST will look exactly the same, except for the serial numbers.

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #45 on: January 26, 2018, 06:01:05 PM

True ... I wouldn't sell if someone offered me 10 times what the PST cost me (and over here, being a brand new PST at the local outdoorshop, it already wasn't cheap ... ), to get me to sell this you'd have to go up to "new car" money ... (and even then ...  ::)).

P.S.: I don't think I cheated, I met Tim in person, I handed him my vintage PST in person, he signed it at the spot and we had a nice talk about our favorite tools and my humble collection, and I got pics of the entire event ... The way I see it this new "signed" PST is more cheating  :pok:.

:pommel:

;)

ru Offline wowaboro

Reply #46 on: January 26, 2018, 06:08:30 PM
Both.
832518 Limited Edition PST - bought.
832519 Collector's Edition PST - in process.

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #47 on: January 26, 2018, 06:10:20 PM

True ... I wouldn't sell if someone offered me 10 times what the PST cost me (and over here, being a brand new PST at the local outdoorshop, it already wasn't cheap ... ), to get me to sell this you'd have to go up to "new car" money ... (and even then ...  ::)).

P.S.: I don't think I cheated, I met Tim in person, I handed him my vintage PST in person, he signed it at the spot and we had a nice talk about our favorite tools and my humble collection, and I got pics of the entire event ... The way I see it this new "signed" PST is more cheating  :pok:.

;)

I be at Blade Show in June for MTO  :cheers: hahaha ask Tim Sign Blave , ReBlaster XXX and Ultratool
Ultratool.jpg
* Ultratool.jpg (Filesize: 109.39 KB)
ReBlaster XXXX.jpg
* ReBlaster XXXX.jpg (Filesize: 199.35 KB)
BLAVE 001.jpg
* BLAVE 001.jpg (Filesize: 150.53 KB)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 06:31:00 PM by Obi1shinobee »

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: January 26, 2018, 06:29:14 PM
Well I just got a reply from HH
They have the cheaper (cough cough) version in the naff box.
Hell if I'm paying silly money I expect a silly wooden box too.

Just replied to LM importers Whitby&Co if they can get the collectors edition...if not I'll be pretty pissed off that's for sure!

za Offline EZrider

Reply #49 on: January 26, 2018, 06:31:06 PM

;)

Like Ob1 said, your tool is priceless  :like:

Something like that is out of reach of us mere mortals!

ru Offline wowaboro

Reply #50 on: January 26, 2018, 06:31:57 PM

Just replied to LM importers Whitby&Co if they can get the collectors edition...if not I'll be pretty pissed off that's for sure!

PST.jpg
* PST.jpg (Filesize: 148.82 KB)

us Offline Obi1shinobee

Reply #51 on: January 26, 2018, 06:35:12 PM

:facepalm:

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: January 26, 2018, 06:45:35 PM

Missing Rangers??
Besides the elusive Alinghi and the odd special run. I think I have virtually all the Rangers that were in the catalogues.
The missing ones are those above plus the Snow 97, 59 Hunter and Ranger 64

Yes I agree, due to owning 3 anniversary models I am forced to get this model too if I can.

gb Offline tosh

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: January 26, 2018, 06:55:12 PM
WOW...Isn't that discrimination
Nice...so Leatherman wants our money but doesn't want to give us Brits what he's offering in his own country.
No worries Leatherman, keep the PST then.
If you can't play fair then don't play at all.
I'm not prepared to be told what I can and cannot buy. My money is as good as anyone elses. :rant:
£250 is alot of money to me, too much to pay for a PST in a naff cardboard box. 
Yep, Leatherman is definately discriminating against international customers. We already pay far far higher prices here in the UK, now they want to dictate what we can and cannot have.
Sorry, but I'll walk on by!

* PST.jpg_thumb.jpg (Filesize: 14.25 KB)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 07:03:33 PM by tosh »

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #54 on: January 26, 2018, 06:57:58 PM

I found a rusty kick that cleaned up well for €2.... :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

za Offline EZrider

Reply #55 on: January 26, 2018, 07:04:40 PM
Both.
832518 Limited Edition PST - bought.
832519 Collector's Edition PST - in process.

Green with envy!
If I could have bought the boxed one I would have too!

za Offline shark_za

• No Life Club
  • woes oke
Reply #56 on: January 27, 2018, 10:33:40 AM

Dude; Tim was in town last year. I got my PST and Tread signed.  :cheers:

za Offline EZrider

Reply #57 on: January 27, 2018, 11:50:59 AM

Dude; Tim was in town last year. I got my PST and Tread signed.  :cheers:

Missed out!  :twak:

Show us your PST...

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #58 on: January 27, 2018, 01:27:55 PM
For a limited edition collectable and commemorative item, the price is still inflated, but probably not horrifically so. I put this into the same class as the Bianco SAKs and Atwood OPTs- LIMITED production, made to be art, made to be jewlery, but I like working tools and this is more than my budget will go for a working tool. Sure, all of these can do the job, but...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 01:32:11 PM by ironraven »
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #59 on: January 27, 2018, 01:44:52 PM
Whistles quietly to myself

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD