Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fourseven Lives!!!!

WWW · 11 · 770

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Fourseven Lives!!!!
on: January 27, 2018, 01:36:59 AM
For all of you Fourseven fanatics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01IXq-cSpx8&feature=youtu.be

Just saw this on BLF, and since I know some of you guys liked their lights ( ;) Lynn) I thought you would like to know!

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Fourseven Lives!!!!
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 10:17:14 AM
this is interesting news indeed. 4seves was the company to beat at one point. then i remember reading that more and more people had issues with CR123 lights that got too hot too fast or even caught fire and went boom on a small scale
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 12:24:42 PM
To be honest I don't really care, I'm just sharing cause I know some do. I've never owned and never really felt like owning one, also I've heard some complaints regarding Preon pocket clips.

this is interesting news indeed. 4seves was the company to beat at one point. then i remember reading that more and more people had issues with CR123 lights that got too hot too fast or even caught fire and went boom on a small scale

I guess that the clip issue was the least of them.

hr Offline styx

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 01:16:07 PM
more people probably had pocket clip issues than the things that go boom issues. all of those reports need to be taken in with one major caveat - people who post on forums, blogs or openly talk about such things are still the minority of the total user and customer base. we might geek out over 0.2 lumen difference in firefly (aka can't see smurf) mode, or the change from a 2d Phillips to an actual Phillips driver on some tool but the average buyer won't know that unless doing detail homework. and even then it is easier to watch a YT video that might not mention something like that for any number of reasons than to read through 50+ pages of online rants

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 04:30:59 PM
more people probably had pocket clip issues than the things that go boom issues. all of those reports need to be taken in with one major caveat - people who post on forums, blogs or openly talk about such things are still the minority of the total user and customer base. we might geek out over 0.2 lumen difference in firefly (aka can't see smurf) mode, or the change from a 2d Phillips to an actual Phillips driver on some tool but the average buyer won't know that unless doing detail homework. and even then it is easier to watch a YT video that might not mention something like that for any number of reasons than to read through 50+ pages of online rants

Very true and yet many times we don't take into consideration. We also need to take into account how those batteries were taken care off along with other aspects that may have lead the go boom issues.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 05:43:12 PM
I never realized they left, I've had a preon 2 for years and it does get pretty warm.

Biggest issue was the terrible button interface, extremely "smushy"

But it does still work!

hr Offline styx

Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 07:48:23 PM
not so much went away as they weren't following along the big steps forward that Fenix, Zebra, Olight, Nitecore and others took. Tough competition is a huge factor

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 08:47:33 PM
not so much went away as they weren't following along the big steps forward that Fenix, Zebra, Olight, Nitecore and others took. Tough competition is a huge factor
My understanding was that they were terminating the company (based on what I heard last year). Perhaps I missundertood and this is what they meant all along, but I remember people saying goodbye to the owner (can't remember his name ???) and they even had a clearance sale.

hr Offline styx

Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 10:16:39 PM
then you could be right because I missed that part

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 12:48:14 AM
WWW< thanks for this heads-up.  :salute:

00 Offline WWW

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 03:01:02 AM
WWW< thanks for this heads-up.  :salute:

Always a pleasure!!  :tu: