Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What year is my PST?

us Offline Zhenchok

What year is my PST?
on: January 27, 2018, 05:47:37 AM
I see that the number says 1198  but I thought thought I got it back in 97.  The other side says 0199.  Maybe it was 1999 when I got it now that I think about it.  They were $40 dollars at Home Depot at the time, I regret not buying at least 5.  Great tool and was used on camping trips when it was brand new now it sits in my drawer.  I take it out once in a while to admire it.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 05:50:10 AM by Zhenchok »
“All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” ― Gabriel García Márquez

za Offline EZrider

Re: What year is my PST?
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 07:12:51 AM
 :like:

Awesome tool! I’ve still got mine from ‘94.
Probably a 99 model.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 08:13:44 AM
Nice PST, Zench

These are, as I've said before, elegant in their simplicity. Slim, no-nonsense design that's all business. Function over form. And such quality leather sheaths.

I have one that is dated Oct and Nov of 1999, and another that is so early that it has the patent number on it but no date code at all.

$40 in 1999. Great deal. Now all you need is $275

za Offline EZrider

Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 09:04:01 AM

Nice PST, Zench

These are, as I've said before, elegant in their simplicity. Slim, no-nonsense design that's all business. Function over form. And such quality leather sheaths.

I have one that is dated Oct and Nov of 1999, and another that is so early that it has the patent number on it but no date code at all.

$40 in 1999. Great deal. Now all you need is $275

:D

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 01:03:02 PM
You can still get them for under $100, new, if you look around. The 275 price mentioned is for a limited edition model, not for the regular ones.

What you have is the date the handles were made, which is why they are sometimes different, as they were just randomly picked for assembly.

We usually date them based on the most recent date, unless there are other minor changes in the tools that some PST experts can use to date the tool more accurately.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 04:35:57 AM
Still my all-time favorite m/t! 
Barry

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 02:24:09 AM
The PST is IMO a timeless design :like: Sure there might be fancier better tools out there ;) but for slimness, simplicity and tool density the PST/PST II are both hard to beat tools :tu: :like: Plus the form factor of it fits beautifully in the pocket :cheers:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%