Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gerber MP650

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: Gerber MP650
Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 04:24:20 PM
Big fan of LM leather sheaths. Here's my new MP400 in one:

I bet your Gerber is rather confuse now..   ???
 :rofl:
Lol - that makes two of us  :D
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #31 on: February 09, 2018, 09:26:58 PM
My MP600 rides in a LM sheath as well  :tu:

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #32 on: February 10, 2018, 01:21:40 AM
I realise the tool adapter that I got was a first version. It wouldnt fit other modern models. A tiny bit of bummer.. But it's fine.. Is this more common or the 2nd version more common?
The first version is more common than the 2nd ("universal") version, but you do see both for sale on ebay from time to time.  Both versions usually sell for higher prices these days compared with a few years ago.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #33 on: February 10, 2018, 01:53:42 AM
Great score on those old school sheaths , especially the Wave one  :drool:

They still have like 5 or 6 of them in there.. All new. Agree, they look awesome. It's actually quite amazing for the condition they are in after so many years.

I would love one of those Wave sheaths but I'm sure shipping would make it too much to make it worth it.   :(

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: February 10, 2018, 06:54:31 PM
Great score on those old school sheaths , especially the Wave one  :drool:

They still have like 5 or 6 of them in there.. All new. Agree, they look awesome. It's actually quite amazing for the condition they are in after so many years.

I would love one of those Wave sheaths but I'm sure shipping would make it too much to make it worth it.   :(

Yeah. That would make no sense at all..

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: February 21, 2018, 04:26:39 PM
Its a unbelievable dream come true! Big shout out to Gregozedobe for making this happen!

Thanks Greg!!   :cheers:

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #36 on: February 21, 2018, 04:38:16 PM
Sweet!  :cheers:
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: February 21, 2018, 05:12:55 PM
 :tu:

nz Online zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 10:55:36 PM
 :ahhh   :ahhh   :like:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #39 on: February 22, 2018, 03:06:02 PM
Its a unbelievable dream come true! Big shout out to Gregozedobe for making this happen!

Thanks Greg!!   :cheers:

(Image removed from quote.)

awe-some!!  :o  :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Offline Straightforwarddog

• New User
Reply #40 on: March 10, 2018, 02:39:30 AM
I chance upon a MP650 Evolution today.. Its new in the original packaging, very old and yellowed though.. The shop owner willing to give it to me for about $105USD. There's only the normal needle nose pliers and sheath. No other plier head. Bugging me the whole day.. Not too convince I should make the jump for it. I think it's there for who knows when and I believe I can further negotiate the price down... Hmm..

OK, Sam If you are still able to get your hands on that Trailrider Gerber, I would love to get my hands on it. I forgot it was in my carry-on - and it was seized/confiscated by TSA. I miss it ALOT and there was and is no finer balance in a hoof pick. Obviously I am new at this forum so please excuse if I miss entered something.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #41 on: March 10, 2018, 09:07:37 AM
I chance upon a MP650 Evolution today.. Its new in the original packaging, very old and yellowed though.. The shop owner willing to give it to me for about $105USD. There's only the normal needle nose pliers and sheath. No other plier head. Bugging me the whole day.. Not too convince I should make the jump for it. I think it's there for who knows when and I believe I can further negotiate the price down... Hmm..

OK, Sam If you are still able to get your hands on that Trailrider Gerber, I would love to get my hands on it. I forgot it was in my carry-on - and it was seized/confiscated by TSA. I miss it ALOT and there was and is no finer balance in a hoof pick. Obviously I am new at this forum so please excuse if I miss entered something.

Very unfortunately, I grabbed the last good one for a trade. The other 2 are really crappy with rust spots, stains.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: March 10, 2018, 09:38:26 AM

Nothing wrong with getting down to business.
But welcome to the forum!
Why don't you introduce yourself in the new members section so others can give you a warm welcome too! :cheers:

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: March 30, 2018, 09:09:15 PM
I read this thread and now I want to start collecting Gerber  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 09:47:53 PM by CeHo »

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #44 on: March 31, 2018, 04:01:10 AM
CeHo, There are quite a few Gerbers to collect. I don't have them all...missing a few of the newer models...and well...there are so many MP600 variants out there I gave up trying to get them all.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #45 on: March 31, 2018, 04:12:20 AM
CeHo, There are quite a few Gerbers to collect. I don't have them all...missing a few of the newer models...and well...there are so many MP600 variants out there I gave up trying to get them all.

It's always fun to look at Chako's collection. It like a Universal MT catalog!  :like: :like:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #46 on: March 31, 2018, 05:42:15 AM
Love that 650, Sam! It's on my MT-bucket list, but they are so hard to find and quite expensive, so I may never acquire one myself. Thanks for posting yours though! A really awesome grail tool for sure. :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #47 on: March 31, 2018, 07:05:38 AM
Love that 650, Sam! It's on my MT-bucket list, but they are so hard to find and quite expensive, so I may never acquire one myself. Thanks for posting yours though! A really awesome grail tool for sure. :cheers:

I am actually quite late to the party.. Starting the insane collecting roughly a little more than a year back. I remembered my first was a powerlock, standard issue for the Military here. But we have to dekit that when we leave service.. First own purchase was a switchplier 2.0.. Not happy with it. Then I got a Powerassist. Awesome tool. At that time I didn't know leatherman. I guess they are not that popular here cos they are crazy expensive. I didn't understand why should I be paying so much for a leatherman. But acquiring the first(kick) , then the second(wave) , I got sucked into the whole thing.. Finding the 650 and trailrider in a very old and run down shop was indeed like finding the holy grail.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: March 31, 2018, 07:13:49 AM
Again, I wanted to do a big shout out to Greg. If he didn't make me the incredible offer to trade for all the extra plier heads, I would not have bought the 650. Thanks Greg!!  :cheers:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #49 on: March 31, 2018, 07:40:47 AM
That is awesome!  :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: March 31, 2018, 07:56:47 AM
Chako, I’m really impressed.

I decided the night: I will collect some Gerber tools. Maybe I find some rare tools too.

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #51 on: March 31, 2018, 08:42:02 AM
Hey Chako,

do you collect also the accessories like different sheaths and different boxes?

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #52 on: March 31, 2018, 01:08:25 PM
Chako,

:hatsoff: again!!!   :like: :like:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #53 on: April 01, 2018, 02:39:00 AM
I got very lucky. I stumbled upon the full Military MP650 kit online while not even looking for it. I understand they are very rare these days.

As for collecting Gerbers...I started off thinking they only made 4 different Leatherman models...and the same would go for Gerber. Yeah...that notion didn't last all that long.  :rofl:

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #54 on: May 08, 2018, 08:00:36 PM
A relatively new part of my collection

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #55 on: May 09, 2018, 12:40:19 AM
That is a nice one.  :tu:

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: May 19, 2018, 04:20:53 PM
I saw the different plierheads on MTO and I was dreaming- maybe I can get some. Hard to find but I get some MP 650 plierheads this week - I will post pictures soon.

That’s the reason why I collect - going from shop to shop and never give up. 100 times the owner says: Sorry, no.
But sometimes there’s a „yes“ :tu:

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #57 on: May 19, 2018, 08:46:39 PM
I saw the different plierheads on MTO and I was dreaming- maybe I can get some. Hard to find but I get some MP 650 plierheads this week - I will post pictures soon.

That’s the reason why I collect - going from shop to shop and never give up. 100 times the owner says: Sorry, no.
But sometimes there’s a „yes“ :tu:

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #58 on: May 19, 2018, 09:18:44 PM
Those look good. :tu:

de Offline CeHo

• No Life Club
Reply #59 on: May 19, 2018, 09:27:58 PM
Thanks Chako  :cheers:

I need two more, one day i will get them too :tu:

Donations