Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Leatherman Sheaths

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Re: New Leatherman Sheaths
Reply #30 on: February 23, 2018, 02:32:47 PM

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

Offline stugumby

Reply #31 on: March 03, 2018, 03:10:34 PM
Got the small in today with the 4 pocket also. As for the small box is marked 934927 black nylon small, the sheath iteslf has a sticker on it with same number, made in China. Test fit: juice S2 snug, with minor room for expansion outward for Xe6/Cs4 etc. The 4 pocket meduim was test fitted with a swisstool and a spirit, both fit with the spirit having some wiggle room. The juice sheath will hold a 84mm victorinox but not a 91mm.

Offline stugumby

Reply #32 on: March 03, 2018, 11:02:37 PM
heres some pics

top is with Juice S2 inserted
second is with juice S2
Next is juice cs4, no more room, if you put in a xe6 it will rip out the sides in a week
next is  leap, look at the stretch already, barely able to snap it shut.
IMG_0027.JPG
* IMG_0027.JPG (Filesize: 79.27 KB)
IMG_0028.JPG
* IMG_0028.JPG (Filesize: 73.22 KB)
IMG_0031.JPG
* IMG_0031.JPG (Filesize: 81.89 KB)
IMG_0032.JPG
* IMG_0032.JPG (Filesize: 90.4 KB)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 11:05:16 PM by stugumby »

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #33 on: March 03, 2018, 11:03:49 PM

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #34 on: March 05, 2018, 09:43:54 AM
 Crunch fits well in the Medium, though been carrying it in an original Super Tool leather case.

Guess the small would not allow a PST to fit inside, and know the PST/Flair do okay in the Medium pocketed version - but there is also a wiggle room without having a foam insert placed inside, or a few loops of parachute cord (taped together) inside.

If shipping wasn't $10 I would of ordered a Medium for the Crunch. Should of gotten two sheaths... but I ordered a set of replacement cutters for a plumber friend. He doesn't make purchases online, and even though he offered to pay me, I reminded him of the many fellowship excursions we went on and that was a mere drop in the bucket to thank him. ;)
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #35 on: March 07, 2018, 09:06:44 PM
Beside sheaths with 2 elastic side pockets, Leatherman should add just 1 pocket to the new nylon sheaths for those who like to carry only the multi-tool and a small AAA flashlight. Same as what they did with the premium leather box sheath. HELLO LEATHERMAN GUYS!...Are you reading this? :waving:
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

Offline stugumby

Reply #36 on: March 10, 2018, 07:55:49 PM
Got my charge plus today, kind of a tight fit with the accessories in the pouch. One thing i dont like about new sheaths is that on the old ones there was a small mini pocket in behind the front velcro area, it holds perfectly the belt clip and lanyard hook as well as the long shank bits from the mut accessory kit. Flashlight holder is on other side as well. Rebar fits this sheath the best then wave, then charge as it is a bit thicker.Love the snap flap but that mini pocket under the velcro was quite handy. hmm will test for a week. Absolutely hate the new juice sheath though. barely able to stuff in a Xe6, the sides wont last a week if you use it couple of times a day.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #37 on: March 11, 2018, 03:13:18 PM
Yes those inside-pocket sheaths were the best, definitely the top modern LM sheaths

the nylon and velcro ones are just poorly made and awkward   :facepalm:

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Reply #38 on: March 31, 2018, 11:24:03 AM
  Have found the flap undone twice now...  :ahhh  Luckily have not lost the Charge TTi or Fair cause of this issue. May have to look for another leather Charge snap sheath or get a custom one with a serious snap on it.
¬ Outback in Idaho

us Offline JustinCase

Reply #39 on: March 31, 2018, 04:54:54 PM
  Have found the flap undone twice now...  :ahhh  Luckily have not lost the Charge TTi or Fair cause of this issue. May have to look for another leather Charge snap sheath or get a custom one with a serious snap on it.

Looks like the new nylon sheaths are not that good after all because same issue happened to me, the snap button is giving up and starting to get loose  >:(  I thought the new snap-on design was a big improvement over the Velcro flap but I guess I thought wrong, they are using cheap Chinese buttons. Now I'm back using my good old black leather sheath.
LEATHERMAN ARE YOU READING THIS?? :rant:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 05:41:37 PM by JustinCase »
“It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I try a little longer to solve the problem"

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #40 on: March 31, 2018, 05:09:56 PM
This is unfortunate hearing about the new sheaths.  I've been using my charge leather sheath now for a while with no issues.  I've abandoned the Molle XL sheaths for now.  As time goes on I stray away from velcro more and more. 
Esse Quam Videri

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #41 on: March 31, 2018, 05:45:37 PM
This is unfortunate hearing about the new sheaths.  I've been using my charge a. leather sheath now for a while with no issues.  I've b. abandoned the Molle XL sheaths for now.  As time goes onc. I stray away from velcro more and more.

unfortunate need to see this.  :P
and,

a. me too
b. me too
c. me too

:salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

ca Offline CanadianLMfan

• No Life Club
  • All Lurkers Please Join :D
Reply #42 on: March 31, 2018, 11:43:58 PM
I don't think I've ever bought a sheath separately (except for my Juice S2 which I haggled with the owner for), but these leather sheaths are tempting. I hope I can find one for less than $12 though.
Leatherman

Offline stugumby

Reply #43 on: April 14, 2018, 02:46:07 PM
Well, after a month of carry I can say this about the new wave sheaths, mehhh, ok but not shiznitte. i would like to see the old sheaths retrofitted with the snap insteasd of velcro, keep the under flap velcro storage for the long bit and pocket clip. Single sheath works ok, just insert a bottom space taker if the top floppage bothers you. Give it a rating of functional/practical. 3 out of 5 stars.

Reply #44 on: April 20, 2018, 11:23:44 AM
  Signal came in the other day and it was a non-side-pocket version. That one seems to have a more snug snap, but that will probably loosen up with use. Am considering ordering a side-pocket version for the Signal to slight a small flashlight in to the side.

Do have a older leather version with the former side elastic full length side pockets that came with the Surge v1.0 - not sure if I want to use it as it has been stretched out all these years holding the Surge. The newer nylon version seems to be less thick.

Guess what a person could do is get some Velcro to sew on around the snap. That should give extra reassurance that the sheath's flap will stay shut. Sad that one has to go that route for multi-tool safety.

One thing to keep in mind with these new sheaths is to use/get a clip for the multi-tool and clip that over the sheath as that extra tidbit of security, and/or a lanyard that is tucked under your belt.

Are there any custom leather sheath manufacturers available to make custom sheaths for various Leatherman tools and with extra pockets for flashlights and a slot for a pen/bit extender?
¬ Outback in Idaho

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #45 on: April 20, 2018, 11:47:53 AM
  Are there any custom leather sheath manufacturers available to make custom sheaths for various Leatherman tools and with extra pockets for flashlights and a slot for a pen/bit extender?
You could try Gohard or perhaps there are members who make sheaths who are closer to you.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:49:17 AM by Syncop8r »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD