Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Howdy from Texas!

us Offline TennTexan

• Carpe omnia cultris
Howdy from Texas!
on: February 01, 2018, 10:39:00 PM
Hello, all!  I recently joined the forum as a way of feeding my addiction to Swiss Army knives.  Got my first one (a Tinker) some time in the late 1980s and immediately fell in love with having so many useful tools in the palm of my hand.  I used that thing to take apart and "tinker" with old radios, telephones, and whatever else I could get my hands on.  I've since acquired a number of other multi-tools over the years from Leatherman, SOG, and the like.  While they are all handy in their own way none has ever appealed to me the same as those little red-handled wonders.  At present I think my collection is up to around 20 SAKs, give or take, including one custom job from Syph007 and some rare/discontinued pieces like the Scientist (probably my favorite model) and Apprentice.  My oldest SAK is currently a 1960s-vintage Champion B with a shackle.

In a past life I was a software/systems engineer in the defense industry, but now I'm an intellectual property litigator with a focus on patents.  I'm a musician and multi-instrumentalist, although these days I don't get to play nearly as often as I'd like.  I'm also an unapologetic gun nut and advocate for 2A rights.

As my handle indicates, I'm a product of both Tennessee and Texas--having been born and raised in the former, and calling the latter "Home" for the past 20 years.

I guess that's about it for now.  Just wanted to post up and say "Hi!" since I'm new around here.

(\(\                                                                                ⁁ -----,__
( -.-)  o˫▄▄═ ‑‑‑-----------------------------------     _____⁁[_____}═══════
0(")(")    /|\                                                       /_____________\
"""""""""""""""""""I                                                ',(o)(o)(o)(o)(o),'

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Howdy from Texas!
Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 10:47:31 PM
Hello, all!  I recently joined the forum as a way of feeding my addiction to Swiss Army knives.  Got my first one (a Tinker) some time in the late 1980s and immediately fell in love with having so many useful tools in the palm of my hand.  I used that thing to take apart and "tinker" with old radios, telephones, and whatever else I could get my hands on.  I've since acquired a number of other multi-tools over the years from Leatherman, SOG, and the like.  While they are all handy in their own way none has ever appealed to me the same as those little red-handled wonders.  At present I think my collection is up to around 20 SAKs, give or take, including one custom job from Syph007 and some rare/discontinued pieces like the Scientist (probably my favorite model) and Apprentice.  My oldest SAK is currently a 1960s-vintage Champion B with a shackle.

In a past life I was a software/systems engineer in the defense industry, but now I'm an intellectual property litigator with a focus on patents.  I'm a musician and multi-instrumentalist, although these days I don't get to play nearly as often as I'd like.  I'm also an unapologetic gun nut and advocate for 2A rights.

As my handle indicates, I'm a product of both Tennessee and Texas--having been born and raised in the former, and calling the latter "Home" for the past 20 years.

I guess that's about it for now.  Just wanted to post up and say "Hi!" since I'm new around here.

I read that as red headed wonders  :facepalm:

Anyways welcome mate
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline TennTexan

• Carpe omnia cultris
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 11:13:25 PM

I read that as red headed wonders  :facepalm:

Anyways welcome mate
LOL!  Well, red heads appeal to me too, just in a different way.  Thanks for the welcome!
(\(\                                                                                ⁁ -----,__
( -.-)  o˫▄▄═ ‑‑‑-----------------------------------     _____⁁[_____}═══════
0(")(")    /|\                                                       /_____________\
"""""""""""""""""""I                                                ',(o)(o)(o)(o)(o),'

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 11:33:47 PM
Howdy Tenn Texas and welcome to  :MTO:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 11:35:27 PM
Welcome board, that one custom I posted over on a diff subject was a product of Syph007, but the other parts were done by someone else.. hope this forum feeds your addiction, idk what I’d be doing without it..
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 01:27:21 AM
Welcome to :MTO:  :tu:

us Offline Geezer

Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 10:21:46 AM
Welcome, I am a product of two states myself, Virginia and South Carolina for the last 17 years.  But, I love Texas and I could see me setting up an address there in the not distant future.  I am heading there next month for a couple of weeks, Katy, TX, to be exact.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 10:45:47 AM
Welcome!
:waving:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 10:42:58 PM
Welcome aboard !   :cheers:

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 11:41:01 AM
Welcome  :tu:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 11:48:52 AM

Nice start! Welcome aboard!

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 10:20:11 PM
Welcome aboard :cheers:

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #12 on: March 14, 2018, 01:10:28 PM
Houston here, by way of Alabama.  What part of Tennessee do you hail from?
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

00 Offline txcache

Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 11:06:20 PM
Lubbock here! Where the 4 winds blow.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85