Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vic Champion C Survival Kit from the 90's

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Vic Champion C Survival Kit from the 90's
on: February 04, 2018, 02:10:00 AM
Hey all, long time no see!
I came into possession of this and have no idea of what to price it at...any help?  The pouch is in almost new condition and it has everything except a 2nd safety pin.   I only found one in the set, but leaflet shows 2.  The tools are in great shape, the spring on the pliers might need to be replaced.  It was just a bit off and got pinched under the magnifying glass, but I simply pushed it back into place and its been opening and closing no problem since. 

The main blade is fairly scratched up, unfortunately. :( and the small blade has scratches on one side.  Here are some pics:

Thank you for any input!
-Keaka
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

gb Offline VoetSak

Re: Vic Champion C Survival Kit from the 90's
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 09:39:59 AM
That looks like an early swisschamp to me. Not a Champion C. It is pretty cool because of the tangstamp. Should have the thinner original pliers. I have one with the same pliers but a big V tang. As for price I have no idea. To me any value will be in the knife as I do not really rate the survival kits.

mk Offline Deedee

Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 10:08:54 AM
It is swisschamp for shore. The price is about 100$. There is one on ebay. Nice find :cheers:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 10:39:29 AM
I'd rate it more amongst the $80 mark because of the scratches.

gb Offline VoetSak

Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 04:48:39 PM
Also this knife is from 1986.

:like:

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 07:03:39 PM
Also this knife is from 1986.

:like:

Thank you all for the input.  I was thinking the 80.00-100.00 range also because of the scratches and the Marco Lorenzi stamp.   I was told it was a gift in '91, so '86 makes sense. 

:cheers:
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 07:05:03 PM
That looks like an early swisschamp to me. Not a Champion C. It is pretty cool because of the tangstamp. Should have the thinner original pliers. I have one with the same pliers but a big V tang. As for price I have no idea. To me any value will be in the knife as I do not really rate the survival kits.

I thought it was the C because sakwiki said the C has the magnifying glass

-Dylan Thomas

gb Offline VoetSak

Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 07:11:46 PM
To me it is a really cool knife because there was (I think) only one year where the Swiss Champ had that tangstamp and only 2 years with those pliers.

Special.

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 07:58:02 PM
To me it is a really cool knife because there was (I think) only one year where the Swiss Champ had that tangstamp and only 2 years with those pliers.

Special.

Wow, thanks for that.  Any idea where i can read up on this?

The sak knowledge in this place has never ceased to amaze me

-Dylan Thomas

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 02:52:29 PM
After some judicious use of the proper abrasives this blade was brought back to life.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:55:22 PM by toolguy »
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 03:40:13 PM
That's a gorgeous kit!  Those scratches came right out!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 03:42:28 PM by Barry Rowland »
Barry

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 06:24:18 PM
That blade looks fantastic, if i have a badly scratched blade i usually up the grits with paper to 1500 then Garryflex and Autosol to finish, my blades never look as nice as that, would you mind sharing how you did that?
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

ca Offline Lardlad

Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 06:34:00 PM
Is this still for sale?  I've been looking for an SOS kit like this for years.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 09:19:08 PM
That blade looks fantastic, if i have a badly scratched blade i usually up the grits with paper to 1500 then Garryflex and Autosol to finish, my blades never look as nice as that, would you mind sharing how you did that?

The scratches on this blade necessitated the use of a very coarse grit .I started with 320 and wet sanded until it appeared the scratches were removed.I then proceeded with a 600,1k,2k and then buffed it with black emery compound on an electric buffing machine.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."  **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."    **Benjamin Franklin**

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: February 18, 2018, 09:24:36 PM

ca Offline Lardlad

Reply #15 on: February 18, 2018, 10:56:37 PM
Thanks toolguy, I do appreciate the links.  I'm looking specifically for an '80s champ with the SOS pouch made of that green material.  They appear very rarely.

us Offline toolguy

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 11:45:36 PM
Thanks toolguy, I do appreciate the links.  I'm looking specifically for an '80s champ with the SOS pouch made of that green material.  They appear very rarely.

OK.

Vic also made the dual pouch SOS kit with that material.

Good luck with your search.

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 09:42:29 PM

The scratches on this blade necessitated the use of a very coarse grit .I started with 320 and wet sanded until it appeared the scratches were removed.I then proceeded with a 600,1k,2k and then buffed it with black emery compound on an electric buffing machine.

Thanks, will get hold of some 2000 grit and give that a try next time  :tu:
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 05:23:02 PM
After some judicious use of the proper abrasives this blade was brought back to life.

(Image removed from quote.)

wow!  that came out awesome!  Im glad it went to somebody who could save it.   enjoy brutha

-Dylan Thomas

Offline galbarello

• New User
Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 12:46:05 PM

Hi I think I found one with the green pouch, as soon as I have it I will show it to you and if the place is reliable I will let you know so you can buy it too

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%