Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Fake G-Force

spam Offline Fisting_Chili

• No Life Club
Fake G-Force
on: February 06, 2018, 03:41:50 AM
How would i know if im buying a fake?  Anything in particular to look for?

Thanks!
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
Re: Fake G-Force
Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 03:43:37 PM
Uploaded the pics.  I picked these up couple weeks ago at an estate sale, but then saw so many fakes online that I was hoping somebody could tell me if they are real?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.
K
“Do not go gentle, into that goodnight.  Rage....RAGE against the dying of the light!"

-Dylan Thomas

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 04:06:13 PM
Hmm they look real enough,especialy the mudman ,is there any writing on the metal clasp? if you Google these models your find out the fakes compared to real ones, if you open one I'll know instantly  :D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 04:07:20 PM by Zed »

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 04:12:22 PM
Hmm they look real enough,especialy the mudman ,is there any writing on the metal clasp? if you Google these models your find out the fakes compared to real ones, if you open one I'll know instantly  :D

Lol, don't think i will try opening one, but thanks :P
I've looked online but all the links seem very model specific.  from the ones i found on the mudman, seems legit, but i know there are many here with much more experience than i, which i value and trust.  (did i butter up everyone enough?)

Thanks Zed!

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 05:07:05 PM

Zed, is it hard to change the battery?  I have another ive had prior that the light doesnt work.  Before i send it in, i want to see if its just a low battery.

Thanks

-Dylan Thomas

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 05:11:12 PM

Zed, is it hard to change the battery?  I have another ive had prior that the light doesnt work.  Before i send it in, i want to see if its just a low battery.

Thanks

not really mate,fiddly a bit especially the metal tab that holds the battery down,again YouTube is your friend here  :D as much easier than explaining in words  :salute:

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 05:14:52 PM
Usualy with LCD watches, when the battery is so far gone that the light doesn't work, the writing usualy goes nearly invisible during the time of the lighting.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 05:47:11 PM
as Zed, expert, said they look real.

It is very unlikely that a fake one will have a module that works like the original, so you can check the operation/functions, by googling the module number, shown on the back in a square, and seeing if it operates the same.
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 12:18:28 AM
Usualy with LCD watches, when the battery is so far gone that the light doesn't work, the writing usualy goes nearly invisible during the time of the lighting.

I will check when i can find a dark room, thank you!

-Dylan Thomas

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 12:19:44 AM

It is very unlikely that a fake one will have a module that works like the original, so you can check the operation/functions, by googling the module number, shown on the back in a square, and seeing if it operates the same.

Everything works as manuals said they should. Thanks!

-Dylan Thomas

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 01:31:13 AM

Everything works as manuals said they should. Thanks!

looking good then mate   :salute: like the mudman  :salute:

br Offline MaverickMCS

Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 05:43:29 PM
I'm not sure, but I believe that all digital Casios have a couple of "test screens", and the fakes don't have em.
Usually you have to press the upper left, bottom left and bottom right buttons at the same time. All the pixels of the display should "lit' on one screen, and by pressing tho lower right some other screens might pop. At least one with the module number will be shown.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%