Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[WITHDRAWN] FSOT 1970(?) Huntsman PARTS ONLY paypal CONUS $15 (pic heavy)

us Offline Lynn LeFey

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Any tool is better than nothing. Some not by much
I had a great plan to do my first 'mod' when I won this Victorinox Huntsman in a lot on ebay. I knew one of the pins was messed up, and the scales were broken. I thought it would be an easy fix.

But, first, it looks like every single liner on the tool is broken. And second, I thought it was a modern-ish Huntsman, not a model apparently from 1970.

The scale (there's only one) is the older solid style, that someone has drilled a hole through to replace a broken pin. Both of the bushings where that pin used to be are missing.

Most of the tools, and all of the backsprings appear to be in good shape, though, so this would be great for someone with the skill to make new liners.

The can opener has +PAT stamped into it. mostly great shape, slight torque to the small flathead at the tip.

Flathead is good, and has the sharpened inside edge for wire stripping.

Saw is in good shape, but some teeth are rolled over.

Scissors have a small spot of blemish on the blade, and the spring is broken, but blade edges are fine.

The main blade has been wrecked by someone trying to take a notch out of the blade with (probably) a belt sander.

Clip point small blade looks to be in pretty good shape, with a tiny waver in the edge just before the upward swoop of the cutting edge.

I THINK the corkscrew is 'straight', but it's hard to tell with the condition of the rest of the knife. It LOOKS good to me.

The Awl looks fine.

I haven't taken the tool apart, but it looks like all of the liners are cracked, and the one on the outside, with the scale missing, most certainly is.

Altogether, minus the main blade, I think this is mostly a good, historical knife, but it is WAY beyond my skills to fix.

What I would like most is a trade for pile of parts that make a Huntsman. They don't have to be assembled. That's kind of the point. I want to put one together. Barring that, I'd like a knife approximately equivalent. And, barring that, I'd take $15 via paypal, half of which would be for my shipping costs.

Hopefully some modder will see this and give this old knife a new home, and new life.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:54:57 AM by zoidberg »

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Re: FSOT 1970(?) Huntsman PARTS ONLY paypal CONUS $15 (pic heavy)
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 08:42:32 AM
Hmmm. I have one or two 91 mm liners (would they fit the older model, though?) and/or I can make liners (I'd prefer to use stainless steel though)... Can you add a pic showing an overall view of the exposed liner, and one of the reverse scale Lynn?

I could make bushings if anyone had exact drawings of them - anyone?
Anyone that has the scales for this particular model, new or slightly used?

If the questions above could be answered in the positive, I might be interested.

Questions to the experts - the pics show what I think is the effect of either overtorquing one of the back tools, or being run over by a truck with one or all back tools extended - right?

EDIT:  :oops: sorry, CONUS only it says (coffee has now kicked in). Fair enough, but I'm out, sorry.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:44:02 AM by Dutch_Tooler »
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 05:54:44 PM
If you don't mind paying more for shipping, I don't mind shipping it further. I also have replacement bushings. And if you don't mind modern hollow scales, I have those too.

The side with scale...

And the side without...

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 09:24:11 PM
Thanks for the pics. It'd be my first real restoration project... what would postage cost though? Maybe there are more brave souls over in the continental US?
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 09:33:07 PM
Looks like shipping would be about $20, so I could go $30 total if that interests you?

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 10:09:28 PM
Looks like shipping would be about $20, so I could go $30 total if that interests you?
Thanks for checking Lynn, but I fear that postage is a little steep - hope you have more luck your side of the pond :tu:
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 10:33:01 PM
Thanks for checking Lynn, but I fear that postage is a little steep - hope you have more luck your side of the pond :tu:

Thanks for looking.  :salute:

There's not much I can do about the shipping cost, unfortunately, and it's why I generally mark things CONUS, particularly for the less expensive stuff.

Also, good luck finding a good project. I look forward to seeing a post from you on whatever you come up with on the mod boards soon. :tu:

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 09:54:35 PM

Thanks for looking.  :salute:

There's not much I can do about the shipping cost, unfortunately, and it's why I generally mark things CONUS, particularly for the less expensive stuff.

Also, good luck finding a good project. I look forward to seeing a post from you on whatever you come up with on the mod boards soon. :tu:
:cheers: I'll do my best...
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Lynn LeFey

Withdrawn.

Okay. Fine. if no one else wants it, I WILL try to restore it.  :P

:D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!