Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Winter Olympics

SteveC · 107 · 3257

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Re: Winter Olympics
Reply #30 on: February 12, 2018, 01:41:31 AM
Watched the men's snowboard slopestyle finals last night. Exciting finish as a 17 year old Colorado kid took the gold   :tu:

Yeah and did you see that his Gold and the Canadian Silver went to two competitors who were bottom of the finals table (ie they wiped all their earlier runs) until the third and final run - when they both creamed it !!

Fantastic stuff

We had the moguls on last night - My body (knees) hurt just watching it !!

The atmosphere, people, location etc etc seems pretty nice at Pyeongchang   eh ???

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #31 on: February 12, 2018, 01:47:47 AM
Yes, exciting event  :tu:

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: February 12, 2018, 05:25:01 AM
I want to watch numerous events but the only thing that has been on the last couple nights is three hours of figure skating tonight and last night each  :facepalm:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #33 on: February 12, 2018, 05:46:27 AM
I want to watch numerous events but the only thing that has been on the last couple nights is three hours of figure skating tonight and last night each  :facepalm:

There was women's snowboarding on NBCSN tonight.

Coverage on other channels include :

NBC will present 176 hours of live coverage, and its primetime coverage begins on Thursday, Feb. 8, at 8 p.m. ET, and concludes with the Closing Ceremony on Sunday, Feb. 25.

NBCSN will present 369 hours of coverage, including live primetime and 10 days of 24-hour coverage from Feb. 18-25. The Pyeongchang Games officially begin on NBCSN on Wednesday Feb. 7 at 11 p.m. ET, with live coverage of mixed doubles curling. 

CNBC will present 46 hours of
coverage, including its curling telecasts beginning Monday, Feb. 12 and concluding Friday, Feb. 23.

USA Network will present 40.5 hours of ice hockey and curling coverage, most of which will air live between 7-9:30 a.m. ET. Coverage begins on Saturday, Feb. 10 with a live presentation of the Women's hockey qualifying round.

england Offline Kev D

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #34 on: February 12, 2018, 01:47:33 PM
Watching moguls on my phone at work at the mo. One of the Koreans just had a hard fall after messing up the 2nd jump. Thats gotta hurt more than hitting a normal slope

Edit: The Japanese guy who is current world champ just bit it even harder...ouch!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:57:14 PM by Kevin Davey »

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: February 12, 2018, 07:27:52 PM
I probably should've added that I don't have cable. Just plain old rabbit ears.  :whistle:
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: February 13, 2018, 07:22:43 AM
I probably should've added that I don't have cable. Just plain old rabbit ears.  :whistle:

That's what I'm watching on.  :tu:

Snowboarding Half Pipe is so crazy. The qualifying runs there doing now for fun would have won gold years ago  :ahhh
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

england Offline Kev D

Reply #37 on: February 13, 2018, 04:35:07 PM
Our No.1 hope in the speed skating crashed out again in the 500. Hopefully she can do it in the 1000 and 1500

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #38 on: February 13, 2018, 05:01:26 PM
Our No.1 hope in the speed skating crashed out again in the 500. Hopefully she can do it in the 1000 and 1500

I heard that, taken out by the Canadian (Edit: apologies, it wasn't a Canuck but a Dutchy wot did it!).
Shame, I saw the qualifier earlier - she was excellent, broke the OR! Like you said hopefully she'll get over it and do well in the next ones.... I hope so, I really like her!  :(

Anyway, Is it just me, or is the bbc just predominantly concentrating on women's stuff for this Olympics, from what I've seen, it's been about 80/20 women's events?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 05:47:40 PM by Fuzzbucket »

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: February 13, 2018, 08:08:08 PM
Halfpipe and skiing were both very exciting to watch last night!  :tu:

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #40 on: February 13, 2018, 08:10:01 PM

I heard that, taken out by the Canadian (Edit: apologies, it wasn't a Canuck but a Dutchy wot did it!).
Shame, I saw the qualifier earlier - she was excellent, broke the OR! Like you said hopefully she'll get over it and do well in the next ones.... I hope so, I really like her!  :(

Anyway, Is it just me, or is the bbc just predominantly concentrating on women's stuff for this Olympics, from what I've seen, it's been about 80/20 women's events?

Yup heavy bias, but at least they are showing the biathlon events, given the poor coverage of shooting and archery at the last olympics
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #41 on: February 13, 2018, 09:29:38 PM

Yup heavy bias, but at least they are showing the biathlon events, given the poor coverage of shooting and archery at the last olympics

I thought it was, but every time I mention it to Mrs Fuzzbucket she just gives me a look...

I saw some of the biathlon events, was it yesterday? Anyway - it was good stuff!

wales Offline Smashie

• Smurf it!
Reply #42 on: February 13, 2018, 10:14:40 PM

I thought it was, but every time I mention it to Mrs Fuzzbucket she just gives me a look...

I saw some of the biathlon events, was it yesterday? Anyway - it was good stuff!

Lol women's finals are tomorrow
“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” - Socrates
"I'm not feeling very talky today, off you smurf". - Smashie
Complaining is mental preparation for failure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #43 on: February 14, 2018, 04:08:07 AM
Men's Halfpipe finals was a nail biter
Shawn White took gold with his last run :woohoo:

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: February 14, 2018, 06:22:20 AM
Came down to the very last run. That was insane! Second place dude was nooooooot happy about it.

Did you see the crash, yikes?!

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #45 on: February 14, 2018, 06:40:18 AM
Came down to the very last run. That was insane! Second place dude was nooooooot happy about it.

That was nasty, but yeah that was a freaking nail biter, funny thing is I even had the wife into it!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #46 on: February 14, 2018, 12:32:58 PM
I have been enjoying the snowboarding myself :like: The women's halfpipe was exciting but the men's coming down to the last run was :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :D Crazy how high they go in the air :dwts: and the crash looked rough as well :-\ hope he is ok :salute: Ayuma Hirano did awesome but Shuan White pulled that one off with some unbelievable tricks :ahhh the Aussie Scotty James wasn't to shabby eiher though :tu: Never really been much into the Olympics but so far what I have been watching has been exciting this year :tu:

Two 17 years olds winning gold for the US is pretty awesome as well 8)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #47 on: February 14, 2018, 01:27:33 PM
Canada is still tied for third place overall, not too shabby at all!

Megan and I were discussing this last night- Canada is far too polite to dominate the Winter Olympics.  We want to make sure everyone has a chance to shine....  :D

Seriously, some of the events this year have been really amazing to watch.  When I was a kid the Olympics were boring and generally dominating the 3 channels we would get, usually pre-empting many of the shows you actually wanted to watch.  Despite some of the weird giant hipster moustaches that make guys dressed head to toe in spandex look silly, I have really enjoyed watching this year.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #48 on: February 14, 2018, 02:12:58 PM
Anybody watching the Curling? It's Canucks vs Jocks!!! There's tension in the Fuzzy household right now, I'm backing the Jocks (obviously), Mrs Fuzzy's backing Canada (Canadian Citizen)!!!  :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:14:11 PM by Fuzzbucket »

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #49 on: February 14, 2018, 02:54:13 PM
Ah ya smurfs!!! Divorce!!!  :rant:

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #50 on: February 14, 2018, 03:18:58 PM

Supposedly only a minor hip injury  :tu:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/winterolympics/article-5390133/Snowboarder-suffers-horrific-crash-mens-final.html

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #51 on: February 15, 2018, 04:21:18 AM
Congrats to the Norwegians on gold and silver in the men's downhill  :hatsoff:

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #52 on: February 15, 2018, 05:44:39 AM
Congrats to the Norwegians on gold and silver in the men's downhill  :hatsoff:

:cheers: I was starting to worry about the Norwegian medal count, but Svindal to the resque :) Considering all his earlier injuries it is amazing that he can still move farily normal, let alone win olympic gold in downhill skiing.

Off season he takes downhill very literally:

https://youtu.be/euFfb4A6wvI?t=109
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #53 on: February 15, 2018, 05:48:42 AM
 :like: :tu:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #55 on: February 18, 2018, 05:15:22 AM
Did anyone else watch that snowboarding where they would race down a mountain, huts jumps. Get tangled up all crash and then try and continue down before the other people got off the ground?!

Pretty dang entertaining!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #56 on: February 18, 2018, 05:20:51 AM
I watched Curling today, Canada vs USA womens.  Its quite an interesting event. 
Esse Quam Videri

england Offline Kev D

Reply #57 on: February 19, 2018, 08:25:59 PM
The French is skater suffered a wardrobe malfunction when her costume broke. It got a bit nipply at the end of their routine

nl Offline Ron Who

• I'm blue!
Reply #58 on: February 19, 2018, 08:26:54 PM
How cold was it?

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #59 on: February 19, 2018, 08:29:16 PM
it seems more common for women to have these clothing accidents...
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%