Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My adventure with traditional knives

Offline raider502

on: February 10, 2018, 02:28:45 AM
I’m going to try to document my adventure with traditional knives here so that others can coach me in this endeavor.  I’m planning to carry a traditional (non-locking) knife and let it be my primary cutting tool.  I’m going to put one of my trusty locking knives (Spyderco Endura, Benchmade Griptillian, or Emerson CQC-7) in my backpack but the traditional is going into my pocket.  Now I have my reservations about this because I have concerns about how a traditional knife might be put into service in a self defense scenario, and in tasks that might be more inclined for stabbing type uses of the knife.  Basically I don’t want it to accidentally close up on my fingers.  So each day I plan to share my thoughts and a pic or two, feel free to give me feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline raider502

Re: My adventure with traditional knives
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 02:31:15 AM

Day 1 (2/8/18) was using the Queen #60 Barlow to cut up a tangerine for a snack.  This is a knife I got used and it came with an awesome edge on it.  No concerns about using the knife for slicing chores.

Offline raider502

Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 02:34:12 AM

Day 2 saw me using the Queen #60 to slice up an apple for a snack tonight.  I used it to slice a bag of chips open and also to open two packages with some more traditional knives that I plan to use on my odyssey.  Pics to be posted later.

P.S. I need to figure out how to hide my paypal account from my wife.  Me and eBay are having an affair right now.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 06:51:43 AM
Nice work!!  Beware the Forum and Ebay....you've started down a path of endless fun and adventure!!   :facepalm: :D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 06:52:52 AM by Barry Rowland »
Barry

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 12:08:23 PM
Great start so far :tu: Can't wait to follow this one :salute: :like:

us Offline Dean51

• No Life Club
  • Geometry cuts but the steel determines how long.
Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 02:03:59 PM
Enjoying the posts I've got my  :popcorn:  ready.

As a cutting tool there's a good chance you'll find the traditional will do what you need to do on a day to day basis.
Instead of stabbing what you do is a piercing cut, as long as you apply a little pressure to the cutting edge a slip joint will not close. I do piercing cuts all the time in cardboard, blister packs or what ever and the last time I looked I still have all my fingers.

I'm not a fan of pocket clips but I carry either a Ritter Mini-Grip or lately a Rat 2-D2 (R2-D2) in a belt pouch. I treat and use a locking knife just like a slip joint, it's a safe handling routine that never varies. It keeps me from accidentally cutting off a finger or three.
Nine times out of ten I reach for the slip joint, the modern knives are used for times when I want more handle. Or just because.  :D

Offline raider502

Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 02:26:29 PM
Dean I was thinking piercing cuts would be the way to go.  I think I get reliant on a good lock back where I can just poke right through whatever materials I need to put a hole in.  I teach knife safety to my Cub Scouts and I’ve taught it to my own kids but sometimes you get so used to your tools that it’s easy to become careless.  That’s where I thought going through this little adventure would be helpful, especially since I’m doing knife safety with my daughter who just turned 5.  I plan for her to be carrying her own knife by the age of 6. 

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 02:32:47 PM
I’m going to try to document my adventure with traditional knives here so that others can coach me in this endeavor.  I’m planning to carry a traditional (non-locking) knife and let it be my primary cutting tool.   Now I have my reservations about this because I have concerns about how a traditional knife might be put into service in a self defense scenario, and in tasks that might be more inclined for stabbing type uses of the knife.  Basically I don’t want it to accidentally close up on my fingers.

Welcome to the forum raider 502!

A traditional folder should be thought of as a tool for everyday chores. It is not really designed to be used as a weapon, however, in reference to tasks that involve stabbing type uses, Dean51's advice is spot on:

"Instead of stabbing what you do is a piercing cut, as long as you apply a little pressure to the cutting edge a slip joint will not close. I do piercing cuts all the time in cardboard, blister packs or what ever and the last time I looked I still have all my fingers."

That is actually good advice when making any kind of cut with a traditional folder. Always keep a little pressure to the cutting edge toward the spine and the blade can't close.

I think you will find after using a traditional folder for a short time that, like Dean51, you will use it 9 out of 10 times.

Glad to see you are giving traditional folders a try.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 05:00:08 PM by VICMAN »

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 02:37:22 PM

I teach knife safety to my Cub Scouts and I’ve taught it to my own kids but sometimes you get so used to your tools that it’s easy to become careless.  That’s where I thought going through this little adventure would be helpful, especially since I’m doing knife safety with my daughter who just turned 5.  I plan for her to be carrying her own knife by the age of 6. 

Glad to hear you are teaching knife safety to Cub Scouts and your daughter. It will give them an appreciation of knives as tools,and a lifetime of enjoyment using them as such.

Offline raider502

Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 02:37:46 PM
I’m old enough that my first knife was a non-locking knife and I’ve always kind of had an connection to the Barlow style so it’s more of a getting reacquainted with a long lost friend.  I do agree with the thought of keeping pressure to the Cutting edge toward the spine.  It was one of those things that as soon as I started using it again I noticed muscle memory telling me that wrapping my big hand all the way around the handle and Cutting something might not be the best advice just in case it closed up on me because I didn’t keep that pressure.

Offline raider502

Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 02:48:16 PM

I teach knife safety to my Cub Scouts and I’ve taught it to my own kids but sometimes you get so used to your tools that it’s easy to become careless.  That’s where I thought going through this little adventure would be helpful, especially since I’m doing knife safety with my daughter who just turned 5.  I plan for her to be carrying her own knife by the age of 6. 

Glad to hear you are teaching knife safety to Cub Scouts and your daughter. It will give them an appreciation of knives as tools,and a lifetime of enjoyment using them as such.
My two oldest kids 10 and 7 have had access to a knife since around age 5.  I carried their knife and they could ask me for it when they wanted to use it.  I would watch and provide feedback as needed.  As I became more comfortable with them using the knife I let them start to carry it on the weekends but they would have to ask me before I let them use it.  Usually I just wanted them to explain what they were going to do.  As I became more comfortable in their skill I let them carry and use it at their own discretion but they have the briefing about how it never goes to school.  My 5 year old has been knocking the bark off of sticks since she was 3 so I think her Training will go fast.  At a young age the challenge is to make sure they pay attention to their surroundings and to what they are doing in general.  With Cub Scouts I have to follow a different set of rules and requirements. My kids all have a SAK Fieldmaster, Buck Bantam, Mora Fire Knife, and a Small Marbles Hatchet. 

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 03:31:50 PM
Raider, I applaud your experiment and wish more people would try this. I'm an old fart well into senior citizen age, and I never carry a locking knife. They just weren't around when I started to carry a knife in the 1950's. Oh there was the Italian style switchblade that every wannabe James Dean packed as an expression of his manhood, but they were thought of as 'punk's knives' by the men I grew up around.

Growing up, every man who had pants on had a knife in the pocket. It was almost in every case, a small two blade jack. Sometimes a two blade penknife, sometimes a Barlow. This was just after WW2 ended, so there was also a good number of service issue knives brought home, like Camillus TL-29's, the M-I-L-818 scout pattern also called a demo knife. There was also U.S. made scout knifes of which was my first knife dad gave me when I joined the Boy Scouts.

The introduction of the Buck 110 in the early 1960's changed the face of knife carry. I tried one for a while and didn't like. Aside from being way to heavy, I just didn't like being limited to just one blade. Bu the time the Buck came out, I was used to a stockman that gave me the choice of three different blades with three different blade shapes and edge profiles to choose form. Then in 1969 I discovered SAK's and it was never the same again. Got way to used to having some basic tools on my pocket knife that made life a lot easier in little emergencies. I stopped carrying a dedicated knife for longer and longer periods of time.

These two patterns of knives have served me well for most my life. For the past year I've been carrying just a SAK.

But one thing I never did was carry a knife for self defense. Aside from the fact that a knife is an absolute worst weapon to use, it just may get you killed. I saw one real knife fight in my life at young age, and it convinced me to never even carry a knife that would tempt me to use it. Hard to get a Buck Stockman or Case peanut into action fast. I watched this fight take place when a fist fight got to the point where one guy was loosing so he pulled his Buck knife. The other guy pulled his and they sliced and diced each other horribly. One died on the scene, the other spent some time in ICU hanging on by a thread. He eventually lived but I understand drank his meals through a straw for a long time.

A pocket knife's a tool for cutting things. Rope/twine, cardboard boxes that need opening or breaking down, plastic blister packages, some food items away from home, and making a good hot dog stick by the campfire. A knife is what I consider an indispensable tool. But for self defense, there's way better options. If carrying a gun is not an option, then go for an impact weapon. A padlock on a bandana in the back pocket, a sturdy walking stick from a good hardwood, pepper spray is great, as is a can of chill in a shopping bag.  A medium size adjustable wrench in a back pocket. An AA mini mag light is a great fist load or yawara stick. But most of all is situational awareness.

Go get some Krav Maga training. It can save your life. But pulling a knife in any kind of alteration is not going to do anything but make things worse. It's a deadly weapon, and the law looks on it that way. You're actually better off shooting the attacker if you have to. If a gun is a no-no, then use a blunt force trauma weapon on him. Nobody is going to get very upset over some punk with a broken arm, or lump on is skull. But a seriously cut or stabbed punk can suddenly turn into a victim if he dies or almost dies.

Plus a knife has none of the 'stopping power' that a gun or club has. This is why cops use nightsticks and batons. In a fight, they may not even register that they have been cut or stabbed. I saw that happen. Those two young idiots kept on stabbing and slashing  each other because the cuts and stabs had not taken effect yet. Not enough blood loss. They had to hose off the pavement where the fight was that there was so much blood. I came away from that promissing myself never to carry a knife that could be used in a fight. I went on to serve in the army for ten years, and was stationed all over the world from the continental U.S. to Europe to Libya at the old Wheeler Air Force base where we army engineers were doing cement work on the runway extensions. I spent one tour in Vietnam with the 39th Combat Engineers, and had leaves in Saigon. Never needed a knife for defense.

As an old fart who has been down the road, I can only say to you, please don't do that. I don't know you and have no stake in your future, but don't think a knife is a good defense weapon because it ain't. If someone pulls a knife on you, just block it and retreat and get the hell out of Dodge. Unlike a gun, a knife can't hurt you if it can't touch you. A knife can be blocked by a bar stool, trash can, beer pitcher, chair cushion, chair, lamp, end table, cane/walking stick, rolled up magazine/newspaper, fireplace poker, a stick of any kind.

Leave knife fighting to Hollywood.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 03:38:46 PM by cbl51 »
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 05:03:05 PM
I’m old enough that my first knife was a non-locking knife and I’ve always kind of had an connection to the Barlow style so it’s more of a getting reacquainted with a long lost friend.

:like:
When I was a kid it was a big deal to have a Barlow.
 When my dad was growing up you could buy a pair of work boots that had a leather pouch sewn on the side of one of the boots to carry a Barlow in.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: February 10, 2018, 05:07:33 PM

My two oldest kids 10 and 7 have had access to a knife since around age 5. .  As I became more comfortable in their skill I let them carry and use it at their own discretion but they have the briefing about how it never goes to school.  My 5 year old has been knocking the bark off of sticks since she was 3 so I think her Training will go fast.  At a young age the challenge is to make sure they pay attention to their surroundings and to what they are doing in general.  With Cub Scouts I have to follow a different set of rules and requirements. My kids all have a SAK Fieldmaster, Buck Bantam, Mora Fire Knife, and a Small Marbles Hatchet. 

[/quote]

I would say that your kids are lucky to have you for a parent. You are teaching them something that will come in handy for a lifetime and provide a lot of good memories when they get older.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 05:09:26 PM by VICMAN »

Offline raider502

Reply #14 on: February 10, 2018, 05:18:22 PM
Raider, I applaud your experiment and wish more people would try this. I'm an old fart well into senior citizen age, and I never carry a locking knife. They just weren't around when I started to carry a knife in the 1950's. Oh there was the Italian style switchblade that every wannabe James Dean packed as an expression of his manhood, but they were thought of as 'punk's knives' by the men I grew up around.

Growing up, every man who had pants on had a knife in the pocket. It was almost in every case, a small two blade jack. Sometimes a two blade penknife, sometimes a Barlow. This was just after WW2 ended, so there was also a good number of service issue knives brought home, like Camillus TL-29's, the M-I-L-818 scout pattern also called a demo knife. There was also U.S. made scout knifes of which was my first knife dad gave me when I joined the Boy Scouts.

The introduction of the Buck 110 in the early 1960's changed the face of knife carry. I tried one for a while and didn't like. Aside from being way to heavy, I just didn't like being limited to just one blade. Bu the time the Buck came out, I was used to a stockman that gave me the choice of three different blades with three different blade shapes and edge profiles to choose form. Then in 1969 I discovered SAK's and it was never the same again. Got way to used to having some basic tools on my pocket knife that made life a lot easier in little emergencies. I stopped carrying a dedicated knife for longer and longer periods of time.

These two patterns of knives have served me well for most my life. For the past year I've been carrying just a SAK.

But one thing I never did was carry a knife for self defense. Aside from the fact that a knife is an absolute worst weapon to use, it just may get you killed. I saw one real knife fight in my life at young age, and it convinced me to never even carry a knife that would tempt me to use it. Hard to get a Buck Stockman or Case peanut into action fast. I watched this fight take place when a fist fight got to the point where one guy was loosing so he pulled his Buck knife. The other guy pulled his and they sliced and diced each other horribly. One died on the scene, the other spent some time in ICU hanging on by a thread. He eventually lived but I understand drank his meals through a straw for a long time.

A pocket knife's a tool for cutting things. Rope/twine, cardboard boxes that need opening or breaking down, plastic blister packages, some food items away from home, and making a good hot dog stick by the campfire. A knife is what I consider an indispensable tool. But for self defense, there's way better options. If carrying a gun is not an option, then go for an impact weapon. A padlock on a bandana in the back pocket, a sturdy walking stick from a good hardwood, pepper spray is great, as is a can of chill in a shopping bag.  A medium size adjustable wrench in a back pocket. An AA mini mag light is a great fist load or yawara stick. But most of all is situational awareness.

Go get some Krav Maga training. It can save your life. But pulling a knife in any kind of alteration is not going to do anything but make things worse. It's a deadly weapon, and the law looks on it that way. You're actually better off shooting the attacker if you have to. If a gun is a no-no, then use a blunt force trauma weapon on him. Nobody is going to get very upset over some punk with a broken arm, or lump on is skull. But a seriously cut or stabbed punk can suddenly turn into a victim if he dies or almost dies.

Plus a knife has none of the 'stopping power' that a gun or club has. This is why cops use nightsticks and batons. In a fight, they may not even register that they have been cut or stabbed. I saw that happen. Those two young idiots kept on stabbing and slashing  each other because the cuts and stabs had not taken effect yet. Not enough blood loss. They had to hose off the pavement where the fight was that there was so much blood. I came away from that promissing myself never to carry a knife that could be used in a fight. I went on to serve in the army for ten years, and was stationed all over the world from the continental U.S. to Europe to Libya at the old Wheeler Air Force base where we army engineers were doing cement work on the runway extensions. I spent one tour in Vietnam with the 39th Combat Engineers, and had leaves in Saigon. Never needed a knife for defense.

As an old fart who has been down the road, I can only say to you, please don't do that. I don't know you and have no stake in your future, but don't think a knife is a good defense weapon because it ain't. If someone pulls a knife on you, just block it and retreat and get the hell out of Dodge. Unlike a gun, a knife can't hurt you if it can't touch you. A knife can be blocked by a bar stool, trash can, beer pitcher, chair cushion, chair, lamp, end table, cane/walking stick, rolled up magazine/newspaper, fireplace poker, a stick of any kind.

Thank you for the sage advice and it is GOLDEN.  I should maybe give a bit more information on my background.  I spent 10 years in the Army (Infantry) and the Air National Guard.  In my current job part of my responsibility is that of Director of Security for a hospital.  I am a huge fan of conflict avoidance.

My use of a knife as a self defense weapon is much further down the line than even a tertiary weapon.  First and foremost I don’t go looking for trouble, next I have had a lot of training on verbal De-escalation and would much rather walk away from a conflict.  Then I have truck keys to get me into my vehicle and out of dodge.  I do have a CCW and usually carry a primary pistol on my hip and a backup in an ankle rig but honestly I pray that I’ll never have to use either.  I have had training in unarmed combatives but I’m getting older and broken (several surgeries) and while I think I could hold my own I still really want to avoid confrontations that show me different.  Now I guess we could say this is where my knife comes into play.  If all other efforts fail to get me away from the threat and I have no remaining options for defense then I want to have a knife that has characteristics that would help me in a self defense situation and a traditional knife is not one that lends itself to a self defense knife.  If I’m to the point of having to rely on my knife I hope I am still trying to fight me way back to my vehicle or to a secure physical location.

If I’m found dead it better be because I didn’t start the altercation and I couldn’t avoid it.  I ran out of gas in my truck, was in a pile of my own brass, and with a broken knife because I exhausted every option I had to first avoid the situation and then second to end the situation in a manner that was advantageous to me.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 05:20:29 PM
Raider, I applaud your experiment and wish more people would try this.

By the time the Buck came out, I was used to a stockman that gave me the choice of three different blades with three different blade shapes and edge profiles to choose form. Then in 1969 I discovered SAK's and it was never the same again. Got way to used to having some basic tools on my pocket knife that made life a lot easier in little emergencies. I stopped carrying a dedicated knife for longer and longer periods of time.

But one thing I never did was carry a knife for self defense.

A pocket knife's a tool for cutting things. A knife is what I consider an indispensable tool. But for self defense, there's way better options.But most of all is situational awareness.

Great description of the time when we grew up cbl51! I miss those days.
The stockman pattern and a SAK are both great edc carries to handle about any daily task.

Good advice about self defense too.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 05:26:05 PM

Thank you for the sage advice and it is GOLDEN.  I should maybe give a bit more information on my background.  I spent 10 years in the Army (Infantry) and the Air National Guard.  In my current job part of my responsibility is that of Director of Security for a hospital.  I am a huge fan of conflict avoidance.

My use of a knife as a self defense weapon is much further down the line than even a tertiary weapon.  First and foremost I don’t go looking for trouble, next I have had a lot of training on verbal De-escalation and would much rather walk away from a conflict.  Then I have truck keys to get me into my vehicle and out of dodge.  I do have a CCW and usually carry a primary pistol on my hip and a backup in an ankle rig but honestly I pray that I’ll never have to use either.  I have had training in unarmed combatives but I’m getting older and broken (several surgeries) and while I think I could hold my own I still really want to avoid confrontations that show me different.  Now I guess we could say this is where my knife comes into play.  If all other efforts fail to get me away from the threat and I have no remaining options for defense then I want to have a knife that has characteristics that would help me in a self defense situation and a traditional knife is not one that lends itself to a self defense knife.

It sounds like you have the right approach to self defense raider502. You have thought out the possiblities very well.

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 05:37:22 PM
Looking forward to your journey! I'm a big fan of traditionals.
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Offline raider502

Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 05:48:19 PM

My use of a knife as a self defense weapon is much further down the line than even a tertiary weapon.  First and foremost I don’t go looking for trouble, next I have had a lot of training on verbal De-escalation and would much rather walk away from a conflict.  Then I have truck keys to get me into my vehicle and out of dodge.  I do have a CCW and usually carry a primary pistol on my hip and a backup in an ankle rig but honestly I pray that I’ll never have to use either.  I have had training in unarmed combatives but I’m getting older and broken (several surgeries) and while I think I could hold my own I still really want to avoid confrontations that show me different.  Now I guess we could say this is where my knife comes into play.  If all other efforts fail to get me away from the threat and I have no remaining options for defense then I want to have a knife that has characteristics that would help me in a self defense situation and a traditional knife is not one that lends itself to a self defense knife.

It sounds like you have the right approach to self defense raider502. You have thought out the possiblities very well.
Again thank you for sharing your advice, once upon a time I was young and dumb and that advice might have fallen on deaf ears.  Life has a way of teaching lessons the hard way.  If we were open to the advice and experiences of our elders  I don’t think life would be as tough.

Offline raider502

Reply #19 on: February 11, 2018, 12:37:37 AM

Day three found me using the Queen #60 to cut a variety of materials which it did with no issues.  I cut foil packs on medication, cut up an apple, opened a pack of Girl Scout cookies, cut up a bunch of cardboard to put in the trash can, and then sliced up another apple.  So the traditional bug has dug in and taken hold.  Tomorrow I will use one of my other Queen Barlow’s.  I also ordered a few Canoe patterns (Buck, Rough Rider & Boker).  I have my eye on a Case Gunboat now and I’m probably going to order a small pocket sheath for my traditionals so they don’t get scratched up with my flashlight, money clip, and space pen.

us Offline Dean51

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: February 11, 2018, 01:26:46 AM
Those are my favorite cookies.  :drool:

Yep sounds like the traditional bug has taken hold.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 02:10:28 AM
(Image removed from quote.)
Day three found me using the Queen #60 to cut a variety of materials which it did with no issues. 
Sounds like you are doing great!  :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline Roc

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 06:15:24 AM
Those are my favorite cookies.  :drool:

Yep sounds like the traditional bug has taken hold.

Mine too! :drool: Wish they came in something other than bite size.

Offline raider502

Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 02:52:39 PM
Starting Day 4 with the Queen Cutlery #27 Sheepsfoot Barlow.

us Offline cbl51

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 05:42:58 PM
It's always been a total mystery to me how and why the so called modern knives got popular? I tried a few locking knives, and I always hated being limited to just one single blade. When I first saw and handled the 'new' Buck knife one they cameo put, I wondered why someone would put a knife blade on a boat anchor?  :D

In the late '60's I tried a German Mercator, and few other more compact knives, but again the limit of just one blade didn't make it for me. And The lack of a lock was nothing that I worried about. When I was a kid, you just learned to use a knife right without taking off a finger. I think locks breed a feeling of invincibility that can be shocking when a lock fails. At my old job before I retired from the machinist trade, I saw a young guy take off his right index finger at the first joint by leaning on his Buck knife too hard and the lock gave way. The Forman put his finger in a cut of ice from the cafeteria and it was transported with him to the Baltimore Johns-Hopkins hand clinic to be reattached. He'd been cautioned by a few older fellow workers about wha the was doing, but his answer "It's a Buck knife, it'll take it." Proved terribly wrong.

If I want a knife that won't fold, thats why they make sheath knives.

I still applaud your trip into traditional territory . I wonder when you come out the other side of you'll be selling off your moderns?
Don't get too serious, just enough will do.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 07:29:08 PM

Nice Sheepsfoot Barlow raider!  :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline Dean51

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: February 12, 2018, 12:26:25 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

Another classic Queen, I  :like:

Offline raider502

Reply #27 on: February 12, 2018, 01:42:33 AM

Decided to use the Queen #27 to dice up an onion to go with dinner.  I love a sheepsfoot blade it just does a lot of stuff and feels right while doing it.  This blade is wicked sharp after I spent a little time giving it some love.

I’m noticing my pics tend to have some sort of food theme.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: February 12, 2018, 01:56:17 AM

Decided to use the Queen #27 to dice up an onion to go with dinner.
I’m noticing my pics tend to have some sort of food theme.

I think you are adapting to traditional knives very well. :like: :tu: :tu:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #29 on: February 12, 2018, 11:23:04 AM

If I want a knife that won't fold, thats why they make sheath knives.

I still applaud your trip into traditional territory . I wonder when you come out the other side of you'll be selling off your moderns?

well how does that saying go,
"a folding knife is a knife that's already broken in the middle"?    :D

Caution and common sense go further than any lock
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%