Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Does anyone carry only a multitool?

LJUSMC · 64 · 2757

us Offline getahl

Re: Does anyone carry only a multitool?
Reply #60 on: February 21, 2018, 05:47:28 AM
I'm in slacks five days out of the week, so my multitool is usually a key chain SAK, or maybe my Executive, which I just found after misplacing for an entire week! On a related note, I am shocked and appalled that it didn't fall out of the pocket of my pants that were hanging in the closet. Back on topic, my smallest multi, a Skeletool, is too bulky and hole forming for slacks, so I carry something a little more pocket friendly.

On weekends, jeans and shorts. Even in winter, because California. My rule is, if I have extra pockets, then I'll clip my multitool into one of them. As it stands, my phone, keys, wallet and bandanna all go into different pockets, with no room leftover for a multi. So, I take a multi whenever I have cargo shorts. Otherwise, it's typically the same as my weekday carry. I'm also working on warming up to a Swiza D04.

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #61 on: February 22, 2018, 03:43:05 AM
I don’t use my pocket knives for food prep, I have kitchen knives for that LOL

I think if I took a kitchen knife to work, people would panic. It isn't the big knives in the block in the break room. It's just me with bigger knives.

You completely deadpan the suggestion that someone's head to be thrown a window to get their board's attention and everyone thinks the worst of you...

"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

us Offline Random_Username

Reply #62 on: February 27, 2018, 03:22:09 PM
It depends on what they day looks like. If I'm at work, I typically just carry a folder (James Brand Chapter), but there's a Vic Explorer in my bag in the office. If I carry my Surge to, say, fix some things around the department that the new kids broke, then that's all that I have on me. Granted, the heft of the Surge makes carrying anything else in my pocket a chore.

If I'm not working for the day, typically said Vic Explorer is in my pocket, along with an older 4Sevens flashlight in a Skinth P2.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #63 on: February 27, 2018, 03:49:09 PM
I don’t use my pocket knives for food prep, I have kitchen knives for that LOL

I think if I took a kitchen knife to work, people would panic. It isn't the big knives in the block in the break room. It's just me with bigger knives.

You completely deadpan the suggestion that someone's head to be thrown a window to get their board's attention and everyone thinks the worst of you...
Yeah I hate it when people interpret what you say as the ramblings of a psycho.  :facepalm: :rofl:
They need to watch more Bill Murray movies.
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69