Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

These knives

us Offline Caseman601225

These knives
on: February 13, 2018, 11:07:06 PM
As I mentioned in another post, I'm coming back after many years to this forum. I see some names I recognize. Many more I do not. But I started thinking. In the past 10 years I've owned a lot of knives from different makers. I've had Spydies, Benchmades, Kershaws...the list goes on and on...usually clipped to my right front pocket. But as I think about it, no matter what else I'm carrying, the left front pocket has had one SAK or another in it every single day.

Just thinkin out loud.

pl Offline GreenFish

Re: These knives
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 11:11:36 PM
Im a relatively new to the folding knives - bought cheap but well made for the price Sanremu 710 and I am also feeling that SAK won't leave my pocket no matter how good folding knife I will have :D

us Offline Caseman601225

Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 11:21:43 PM
I have a 710. Great for twice the money!  I've given my boys SAKs and told them that, except for school of course, they should ALWAYS have one on them. The SAKs get a lot more use than whatever else I have on me.

pl Offline GreenFish

Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:27:48 PM
Yee I think that Sanremu 710 was the one of the best purchases recently - 8$ of pure fun :)
I've bought used but nicely preserved Spartan for my girlfriend. She was skeptical about SAK's from the beginning but after carrying a one she was surprised how useful it can be. She even impressed her co-worker - they were trying to unscrew some office PC's but didn't have screwdrivers. She said that she have a multitool. He said - "only Victorinox can get the job done" and then she handed him the SAK...  :climber:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:29:22 PM by GreenFish »

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 11:40:59 PM
I, too, almost always have a SAK with me. Might only be a Classic or an Ambassador to supplement some other knife, but a SAK is always at hand.   :climber:

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 11:52:59 PM
I have about 12 SAKs scattered around my desk at any given time.
But whenever I need to slice open a bag of dog biscuits or uncork a bottle of Château Mouton Rothschild 1947 I inevitably have to run off and look for one. Or dig a crappy old corkscrew from the cutlery drawer.

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 12:23:01 AM
For me it's been a Recruit for 25+ years it replaced a Bantam that I retired but still own

:climber:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 03:43:52 PM
I am a SAK first knife guy, as most here I suppose,  :salute:

The Outrider was the first blade I EDCed back as a kid, and from then on I've gone through folders, fixed blades, modern and high tech, but the SAK (or more than one) have always been there in my belt or pants,

no matter what others tickled my fancy that day and were carried too   :tu:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%