Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Becoming a knight?

us Offline Caseman601225

Becoming a knight?
on: February 13, 2018, 11:23:57 PM
So, how do I get knighted?

nl Online Ron Who

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • I'm blue!

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: Becoming a knight?
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 11:27:53 PM
Have a look at the Swiss army banner sticky somewhere near the top of the sub forum, pledge the path and include a pic of your sak (not sack) and a mood will be along shortly after to knight you verily.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

us Offline Caseman601225

Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:32:35 PM
Done!  Thanks, guys.

00 Offline Thunderpants

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 11:39:41 PM
All the cool kids go for the Hook badge instead... ::)

nl Online Ron Who

• I'm blue!

ph Offline an0nemus

• No Life Club
  • I Tool Therefore I Am
Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 11:50:15 PM

cooler ones get both  :pok: :D

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 11:57:58 PM

cooler ones get both  :pok: :D
The even cooler kids get a Swiss Army Knight banner AND show their love for the hook in other ways.  :whistle:

The Mini Pabsman.... Version.... something? I took it apart and rebuilt it JUST to add the hook

Ah, who am I kidding... The only reason I don't have the hook badge is because I'm lazy.  :facepalm:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

us Offline Caseman601225

Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 12:05:38 AM
Ok, now I want a hook badge!  What do I do?
IMG_1245.JPG
* IMG_1245.JPG (Filesize: 183.55 KB)

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 12:17:14 AM
Ok, now I want a hook badge!  What do I do?
Start a thread with a picture of an use that you've come up with for the hook, and apply according to instructions.  :whistle:
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,59292.0.html
Good luck!  :cheers:

All hail the hook!

us Offline Caseman601225

Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 12:23:24 AM
Cool. There's gotta be something!  😂

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 05:46:56 AM
Wait, what? Ha ha.

No act of selfless valor required? Or defending of the realm necessary to become a knight?

No " in the name of God, St. Michael and St. George, I grant you the right to bear arms and the power to mete justice?"

I motion that reaching knighthood be a matter of acts of giving or selflessness, such as Nix to Peacent recently and other such acts; becoming proficient in lore (SAK history, or the different permutations of the SAK build timelines- something like that); maintaining SAK wiki or some number and quality of completed "challnenges" or real world use reviews; or some level of proficiency in SAK repair or modding; some sort of service to the kingdom? Earn it?

Not for you Caseman, you're already "in."

Just throwing that suggestion out there. Anyone else second the idea?

us Offline Caseman601225

Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 05:51:19 AM
TB, I don't want to get in on the cheap. I like your suggestions. I will endeavor to take up the gauntlet and bring honor to my title. 👍🏻😊

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 06:05:30 AM
Caseman, I am no arbiter here, sir. You are not in on the cheap as the rules are what they are. Welcome aboard. I don't tend to use emoticons so my humor can sometimes be missed by some. It's dry and deadpan

Just having a little fun with the epiphany I just had and wondered aloud if it might be cool to make us earn our knighthoods. Personally, I don't seek badges, but it does sort of reflect a boy or girl scout structure and I like that.

I hope you are around long enough to witness - as I have - the honor, kindness, and generosity that is so prevalent here on these forums. A whole lot of nice people here who are just so knowledgeable about even the small details, and happy to share that knowledge.

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 06:07:10 AM
Have a look at the Swiss army banner sticky somewhere near the top of the sub forum, pledge the path and include a pic of your sak (not sack) and a mood will be along shortly after to knight you verily.

Or...or a Mod IN the mood...if they aren't in the mood it's just no fun.

us Offline Caseman601225

Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 06:26:17 AM
i will be around for a long time.  And don't worry about the humor. I got it. We share a similar trait there. I've been a member of a select few knife enthusiast groups in years past, this one included. I'm well aware of the quality and the kindness of the people I expect to find here. It always starts with the knives. It always ends up with the friendships. I look forward to all of it.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 10:31:16 AM
Caseman, I am no arbiter here, sir. You are not in on the cheap as the rules are what they are. Welcome aboard. I don't tend to use emoticons so my humor can sometimes be missed by some. It's dry and deadpan

Just having a little fun with the epiphany I just had and wondered aloud if it might be cool to make us earn our knighthoods. Personally, I don't seek badges, but it does sort of reflect a boy or girl scout structure and I like that.

I hope you are around long enough to witness - as I have - the honor, kindness, and generosity that is so prevalent here on these forums. A whole lot of nice people here who are just so knowledgeable about even the small details, and happy to share that knowledge.
I THINK that I earned my knighthood between the time I got it and now.  :D

:P :rofl:

All hail the hook!

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 10:45:25 AM

I didn't earn mine. I bunged Mags some cash for it... he did tell me to keep quiet and not tell anyone though.  :think:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 10:48:58 AM

I didn't earn mine. I bunged Mags some cash for it... he did tell me to keep quiet and not tell anyone though.  :think:

You said bunged...    :rofl:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 10:49:39 AM

You got ripped off.  :whistle:
I got mine for free, BEFORE earning it.

(Bunged.  :rofl:)

All hail the hook!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 12:19:58 PM

:rofl:

You too eeyh? ::)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD